PDA

View Full Version : were you ever put on report in school?

wixard
14-05-2013, 02:17 PM
i'm watching educating essex and reliving my school days, OH THE JOY

i was put on report about 3 times throughout school, though i think it might be more common in the uk?
because here to be put on report is quite serious but anyway, just realised how attention seeking that i/anyone who acted up in school actually was

my reasons were for continuously being late (i had 104 recorded lates one year in school)
and attitude for the others

if you have been put on report, what was the reason
and looking back now, do you consider your behaviour foolish or what?

Kardan
14-05-2013, 02:19 PM
No, I was one of those goody two shoes I'm afraid, never even got detention once.

Zelda
14-05-2013, 02:23 PM
never got put on report but my form was put on whole class report when i was in year 8 lmao. they aren't very common at my school though and really just for the dreadful people

buttons
14-05-2013, 02:33 PM
yeah i had one for a week but it was because i got caught skiving the one class i ever skived for no reason. teachers basically signed the card at the beginning and end of each lesson to prove you'd been to the classes. other reports were for constant lateness so their times were record, for skiving classes to prove their attendance or for comments on behaviour. i remember people forging a few signatures for my friends lol

don't think my behaviour was foolish idk i skived class cause it was so easy for everyone else but NOOOO i go get caught ugh

mrwoooooooo
14-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Yeah, had a huge flour fight for in cooking

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Kieran
14-05-2013, 02:41 PM
Never got put on report but had quite a few letters sent home from head of year and principal :P One was for throwing a table top out of the second story window.... but it wasn't even me that did it but no one believed me :(

BrokenDreamz.xo
14-05-2013, 03:04 PM
Yup.

Yawn
14-05-2013, 03:27 PM
no i was an angel

velvet
14-05-2013, 03:49 PM
na i got away with murder at school

Paige.
14-05-2013, 03:51 PM
been on report four times that i can remember of
two for my bad behaviour/attitude in lessons
one for being late almost everyday for a few weeks
one was a prefect report, you're put on report to see if you're good enough to be a prefect (i didn't become one)

looking back now, most of my behaviour was foolish but i don't regret everything

geo
14-05-2013, 03:55 PM
no, but i've had it threatened before in food tech & spanish. i'm not really the perfect student in these subjects and just tend to 'argue' with the teachers a little bit. in spanish i literally never agreed with the lady teaching me and i'd spend the lesson telling her and the supply teacher why i don't wanna participate because i thought the lesson and gcse is ridiculous and a waste of my time. i argue quite a bit in food tech because the teacher is rude (not even saying it, he's quite rude to students and i'm pretty sure he 100% hates teaching) so i'd just tell him what i thought about what he had to say. i made a few comments on the lesson too and used to just listen to music because the lesson was annoying as hell.

it's not like i'm awful and being rude to them (like telling them to **** off or calling them names) we just kinda have conflicts because i don't agree with what they say lol. i don't think i was being childish but i kinda wish i'd behaved a little more because now i'm struggling with these subjects.

Gibs960
16-05-2013, 06:26 PM
Been on report about 7-8 times I think, a few times it was just because I'd been on head of year report, behaviour hadn't got better so I was put on headteachers report.

The first time I genuinely don't know why, low level disruption, I was told. That carried on for months until eventually my behaviour got so bad that I got put on head of year report for shouting at teachers, walking out of school and not doing work and homework.

Second school that I was on report was basically because a teacher picked on me, the school didn't like that we complained and for some reason put me on report and then blamed me for everything that went wrong. That went on for months, on and off. I got excluded and put on for report for telling the headteacher to "do one", apparently that's swearing :S

A teacher once even told the class to give me hate when I came in the class, that was a laugh, called her a stupid ***** or something and walked back out. I wouldn't have been arsed if she had controlled them and been like "I didn't mean like that" or whatever but I was being told to "piss off back to Manchester you scum bag" "raghead" and "****", and she just said "see, that's what they all think of you." But tbh, that school was bloody awful, I don't know how it passed OFSTED inspections with things like that going on.

EDIT: Btw, I'm not saying any of this to show off, it's not something to be proud of and I've advice all of you to stay off report.

Absently
16-05-2013, 06:35 PM
err, not that i know of? i may have been because i wore black socks with rainbows on under my school pants :S we got in trouble a lot for things like that which was so incredibly stupid. i was very good in school haha :P

Samantha
16-05-2013, 06:40 PM
We had a class report, but that was it. Really, it's a shock I didn't get put on report for shouting at a teacher, standing on a teacher (long story) or giving a boy a black eye :P. They weren't my fault though so it's fine ;).

MKR&*42
16-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Oh yeah i skipped a bit got put on report.

Usually just got told off for talking though.

Cerys
16-05-2013, 06:52 PM
no because im a gurd girl xo

Mr-Trainor
16-05-2013, 07:02 PM
We had a class report, but that was it. Really, it's a shock I didn't get put on report for shouting at a teacher, standing on a teacher (long story) or giving a boy a black eye :P. They weren't my fault though so it's fine ;).
Same as me :P. Had detentions etc but never got to the report stage. And erm.. standing on a teacher..? LOL.

Samantha
16-05-2013, 07:12 PM
Same as me :P. Had detentions etc but never got to the report stage. And erm.. standing on a teacher..? LOL.

We had a substitute teacher so we were in another room, near the end of the lesson someone took my bag and threw it around the classroom. I went to get it back and this person threw it back to me, someone walked in front of me and caught it making me step back so I didn't get hit and the teacher was behind me so I went into him, called Mr. Hey (weird name I know), anyway I tried explaining to him what had happened, but he just screamed sit down to me the weirdo lmao.

Mr-Trainor
16-05-2013, 07:22 PM
We had a substitute teacher so we were in another room, near the end of the lesson someone took my bag and threw it around the classroom. I went to get it back and this person threw it back to me, someone walked in front of me and caught it making me step back so I didn't get hit and the teacher was behind me so I went into him, called Mr. Hey (weird name I know), anyway I tried explaining to him what had happened, but he just screamed sit down to me the weirdo lmao.
Ohh LOL, when you said standing on a teacher I thought you meant like, he was lying on the floor and you stood on him LOL.

e5
16-05-2013, 07:40 PM
I was one of the naughtiest kids in my year lol :( always had lunchtime detentions, lunchtime isolations, after school detentios and full day isolations lol. never managed to get excluded though :D

Aiden
16-05-2013, 07:49 PM
I was on report in year 7 for English and then later on every lesson.
In year 8 I was on report to my head or year.
In year 9 I was on report to my tutor.
:)

Rozi
16-05-2013, 08:13 PM
I was never officially put on report, but I had loads of meetings with heads of years and a few with the headmistress about my attendance. Which, to be fair I deserved aha. At one point, if I hadn't gone into school by break, my head of year would ring me up on my personal mobile and get me to go in. It usually worked to be honest, but mostly because I liked her as a person :(.

Jurv
17-05-2013, 09:51 AM
nope i'm the nicest person in the world

Shar
19-05-2013, 05:11 PM
nope. never got a detention.

Succubus
19-05-2013, 05:33 PM
Twice I think, one for 'being mean' which wasn't even true tbh and the other was subject report for turning up late every time to that lesson.

Derrener
19-05-2013, 06:47 PM
I'm one of the good ones!

Phil
22-05-2013, 05:39 PM
I never got put on report. I think only like two or three people in my year was put on report like first-sixth year. Tbh, more should have been put on because the class was full of scum, they just got away with it.

Mark
22-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Nope, I've had detention once or twice though lol

xxMATTGxx
22-05-2013, 10:38 PM
Nope, I was one of those good kids. Didn't get any letters home about anything bad or even get any negative referrals or whatever they called either :P

-:Undertaker:-
22-05-2013, 10:43 PM
I was put on report (long story) which I didn't deserve in comparison with other pupils (which even one teacher said to me) so I refused to sign any of the days off and told them that I didn't deserve to be on report by giving them examples - they let it go and I won basically.

LiquidLuck.
22-05-2013, 10:45 PM
When I was in the French private school, I didn't get reports, not even sure what that is exactly, but I had a few detentions for not doing my homework basically.

In my 10th grade when I moved to a public Portuguese school, nothing. They just don't give a **** about it. xD I have a few friends that swear in front of the teacher and she just tells them to shut up, but they do it again. In that matter though, they already know with which teachers they can do that and won't get repercussions and the stricter ones.

Shockwave.2CC
23-05-2013, 12:05 AM
Nope. I was a good boy

Duxe
23-05-2013, 02:01 AM
All the bloody time -.-

wiktoria
23-05-2013, 09:32 AM
yh in yr 8 a few times because i used to constantly annoy my form tutor/teachers so they put me on report, i also got moved away from my friends which was so unfair
in yr 9 i went home at lunch to get my pe kit and didn't come back till like quarter to 3 (lunch ends at 2) so i was put on report for 'truancy'

HarrySX
23-05-2013, 09:52 AM
Each year without in school, maybe 5 or 6 times. Was also rare for me not to be in detention at lunch :( Had letters sent home perhaps 2-3 times a week due to skipped classes too.

Sixth form/college once for refusing to turn up to a poorly taught computing subject.

No idea how I get good grades (I still have less than 10% attendance at University)

lawrawrrr
23-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Never been on report, never had a detention ever! Proud ;) The closest I've come is like a form detention because most of my form were really badly behaved and used to throw chairs and stuff around, so he punished all of us :(

I wasn't even that well behaved I was just kind of a teacher's pet and amazing at excuses!!

Tom
23-05-2013, 02:57 PM
Nope, I was a good kid in school! If I did make a small slip up, I would've just got away with it anyway because I was liked by staff.

James
23-05-2013, 04:53 PM
I was put on attendance report after i skipped 2 weeks after being bullied. :(
But never behavior report.

Mikey
23-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Got lunchtime detention a few times for being late because this one teacher who had smelly (more horrible way of saying poo) sick coffee breath hated me and always marked me late even if it was like one or two minutes. You could smell his breath out in the hallway, eurghh. Other teachers seemed to like me though, got an award at the end of year assembly in my last year for school for excellence and like teachers nomitated you for it. (not trying to sound big headed - honest!)

Grig
23-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Sounds interesting but what exactly is put on report, I only went to Uni in the UK and not school.

James
23-05-2013, 11:28 PM
Sounds interesting but what exactly is put on report, I only went to Uni in the UK and not school.
Report is liek a card where teachers manage your progress and behaviour. So they'd set you targets & you get a tick or Criss for doing them.
eg. Targets:
1. Uniform
2. Attendance
3. Behaviour.

Then if you had good all of these, your teacher would tick them, or if not, they'd cross them.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!