PDA

View Full Version : [HOF] HobbaForum - Launching Soon. [HOF]

4Fraider
18-05-2013, 07:02 PM
A brand new international fansite named HobbaForum is coming your way extremely soon. We are a small site and are still growing and learning so we would appreciate any help we can get along with some feedback. I will
provide some links below. We boast a Habbo imager, avatar gallery, latest news, forum and even
trusted/untrusted dealers lists! Hope you enjoy - 4Fraider (Owner of HobbaForum).

Site: www.hobbaforum.eu (http://www.hobbaforum.eu)

Helpdesk Room: http://www.habbo.com/room/62119268 (http://http://www.habbo.com/room/62119268)

Maatt.
18-05-2013, 07:29 PM
I thought, it could do well, still i scrolled to the bottom and saw the 'Create a free website with Weebly'

For this site to do well, you may wish to try and use something else x

Best of luck x

Rachel
18-05-2013, 07:33 PM
I thought, it could do well, still i scrolled to the bottom and saw the 'Create a free website with Weebly'

For this site to do well, you may wish to try and use something else x

Best of luck x

I agree but not everyone can afford a paid forum yet. They have to save up and then maybe have vbulletin forum when they can afford. I know a free forum ain`t professional but I am sure every forum started to the base then moved up. If the owners knows what he should do to become popular then it will succeed.

In other words, I wish good luck to the fansite and if you want to succeed you need to accomplish your goals to move on. Best of luck for the new fansite x

Joe
19-05-2013, 07:12 PM
Yeah, agree with XxZammyxX said.

Weebly is not something for the long term future of a website, although starting up yes.

I like what you've done with it. Nice big writing, nothing hard to read, basic features. You're further ahead than some new fansites, believe me.

I really like your trusted/untrusted dealers section, will help a lot of people if you keep it updated and fill it up even more. Every fansite has something that makes it individual. If you develop this enough before someone else grabs it, this could be your lifeline (Like rare values was for Habbox).

Also, for your forum, ProBoards; again a good start but not something for long term. At least you took the time and effort to make it Habbo related, makes it a lot easier to look at.

One tip? When you're writing something to tell the community, such as this, taken from your Grand Opening section:

As a final notice, remember to keep checking here and the announcement board on the forum, it will change over time, thanks - HF (Hobba Forum)
You don't have to sign off with your name everytime you write. People know who you are and who's written it. A news article, yes. A homepage section, no.

Good luck with it, I'll check back soon. x

4Fraider
19-05-2013, 08:46 PM
Thanks guys, I have taken on board the feedback and will make a few changes to the site. Using Weebly and Proboards is simply temporary as I plan to save up for a vbulletin forum or software like that. I'm only starting out and hope that over time I will learn new things and can further the site. Thanks. :)

---------- Post added 19-05-2013 at 09:55 PM ----------

Just as a follow up reply. I'm in Paris for next week but I'll rectify anything that needs to be changed the following week. And hopefully will build up some more feedback to work on. :)

Joe
19-05-2013, 08:57 PM
Good to hear mate, nice to see someone accepting criticism as it should be. Good luck!

today
19-05-2013, 10:24 PM
dont use vBulletin, everyone uses that snoreeeeeeee

Calum0812
20-05-2013, 08:57 AM
I feel like the site is cluttered and the forum isn't too great either.
Sorry :(

Aiden
21-05-2013, 06:32 AM
not keen on the name
the layout is outdated
but good luck ;)

A
21-05-2013, 02:24 PM
not keen on the layout to be fair, sorry mate!

e5
21-05-2013, 03:45 PM
Using free sites isn't the way forward and naming your site afte something that died in habbo years ago now, perhaps isn't the best way to go about things...

Duxe
21-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Thanks guys, I have taken on board the feedback and will make a few changes to the site. Using Weebly and Proboards is simply temporary as I plan to save up for a vbulletin forum or software like that. I'm only starting out and hope that over time I will learn new things and can further the site. Thanks. :)

---------- Post added 19-05-2013 at 09:55 PM ----------

Just as a follow up reply. I'm in Paris for next week but I'll rectify anything that needs to be changed the following week. And hopefully will build up some more feedback to work on. :)

Can I recommend something to you? Try 000Webhost, it's free and you link real domains to that and get access to a cPanel. Also, if you're going to be making a forum I would recommend vBulletin as a paid and as a free I would say choose PHPBB. Google them.

4Fraider
26-05-2013, 08:53 PM
Can I recommend something to you? Try 000Webhost, it's free and you link real domains to that and get access to a cPanel. Also, if you're going to be making a forum I would recommend vBulletin as a paid and as a free I would say choose PHPBB. Google them.
I think you may well have just solved a big problem I was having with something else. Thank you very much. I also may use this with HobbaForum but not sure yet. :)

Daltron
26-05-2013, 10:27 PM
dont think im too keen on that site :/

Duxe
27-05-2013, 04:47 PM

No worries at all!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!