PDA

View Full Version : Racism in F&Bs

Cerys
19-05-2013, 07:33 PM
OK so I was in Frankie and Benny's tonight, and this lady started shouting at the staff.

As far as me and my mum can understand (as we were sat next to the argument, we heard pretty clearly and the manager lady explained it) the woman was shouting the staff and accused them of being racist because the staff were forcing her to pay before her meal just because she was a gypsy. The staff claimed that it wasn't being racist, but tbh I agree with the woman that it's terrible!

Because we were disturbed by this, the manager lady came and explained to us what had happened, and apparently, they do not allow gypsys into Frankie and Benny's at all. But because this lady had pre-booked they had to let her in, but forced her to pre-pay.

So basically the staff judge people and decide if they are gypsys or not; if they are, they are not allowed in. And this is a policy..

Do you think this is racism or not? Do you think that it is justified not to let gypsys in just because they are gypsys? What do youu think??

was gonna put this in debates, but the debate section scares me.

Lewis
19-05-2013, 07:37 PM
i think its prejudice. I hate all form of prejudiceness

buttons
19-05-2013, 07:38 PM
racist and not justifiable at all. it's discrimination based on race so yeah it's racism and its not justifiable because even if they've had problems with gypsies in the past, you can't ban them all, that's discrimination. im guessing they've had gypsys do a runner before without paying then assumes all gypsys do that..

Zelda
19-05-2013, 07:38 PM
i think it is very awful personally. I suppose assuming it's allowed though they do have good enough reasons to do it though maybe they should be considering making everyone prepay if they have this view though as it is very prejudice to choose who you make prepay and who you allow to pay after tbh.

Mark
19-05-2013, 07:44 PM
It could have been handled different I.e. IF they refused to pay, keep them in the restaurant and phone the police...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!