PDA

View Full Version : Was/are you popular at school?

Aiden
20-05-2013, 09:01 AM
I am going to take a guess and say most people wasn't popular at school. I could be wrong though.

I wouldn't say I am popular though (at school or home or the internet :L). :)

Calum0812
20-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Well, I'm not apart of the 'tough' group of lads. Wouldn't want to be.
I am we'll liked amongst my class and people speak to me without prompt. I wouldn't call myself popular but liked? Yes.
Not bullied or anything so can't complain. Amazing friends who I love ;)

buttons
20-05-2013, 09:14 AM
yea popular to pick on n hate zZzZz never wanted to be popular or liked just wanted to get on with my school life in peace, no such luck

thankfully in uni yeah everyone has their own little groups but everyone talks to each other.. there's not one person or group who is popular..

Zelda
20-05-2013, 09:24 AM
No i'm not popular at school but I get on well enough with MOST people other then the few who love to pick on me, though I am crap at speaking to 99% of people lmfao. Very few people pick on me anymore cause of how spiteful I am back to them anyway.

I don't think I would honestly want to be that popular anyway as would take me away from my studies really and i'd rather just be peaceful and succesful during my school life ;(

Kardan
20-05-2013, 12:40 PM
For us, we had different schools for 11-14, and 14-19... So the 'popular' group faded out when we changed up to the upper school when we were 14, since it had to merge with the other popular group from the other school. I wasn't popular, but by the time you're in sixth form and everyone knows everyone, there's no popular groups. I was part of the largest group if that means anything.

Sho
20-05-2013, 01:10 PM
I wasn't what you'd call 'popular' (nobody was really, we didn't have anyone that we considered popular) but I got along with pretty much everyone from all my classes. I didn't really want to be popular anyway, I can't carry out conversations for long and stuff 'cause I run out of things to say so it'd be really awkward for me, plus I'm easily annoyed :P.

Mark
20-05-2013, 01:20 PM
Popular, although towards the last year of school there weren't any divides/groups.

MKR&*42
20-05-2013, 01:21 PM
No, never. There were people "below me" (not a nice thing to say I know) but I was one of the very unpopular people.

Jurv
20-05-2013, 01:50 PM
not really but i never really wanted to be either, most of the people you'd call popular in my school were people i didn't want to be associated with :¬:

wixard
20-05-2013, 02:13 PM
eh not in my first school i was just normal but moved at 14 and i was in the 'popular' group
this was massive though there was about 16 of us girls and about 12 boys

Cerys
20-05-2013, 02:18 PM
No.
I won't want to join the popular group either as 99% of them treat others like **** and are complete *******.

:/

Yawn
20-05-2013, 02:30 PM
no but i wasnt unpopular. i was 1 of the more popular average ppl and had some popular friends :8

=Sam
21-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Yeah, what can I say without sounding arrogant.. uhhh, I loved everybody equally even if they were *********. And treated everyone the same, which was top notch :)

Shar
21-05-2013, 11:39 AM
Nope thank god

Zak
21-05-2013, 12:20 PM
I was quite popular in my school but I wouldn't say one of the most popular. I just went with the crowds - to fit in. Generally people thought I was 'Sound' :P

Shockwave.2CC
21-05-2013, 01:03 PM
I defo wasn't :'(

wiktoria
21-05-2013, 01:28 PM
yhhhhhh but i didn't rly like spending time with em coz i ad nothing in common with em

Special
21-05-2013, 02:09 PM
probably if having lots of friends is considered popular

Circadia
21-05-2013, 02:37 PM
I'm apart of a group who most people like but I wouldn't call us popular but saying that my year is quite small, 109 pupils, that no one is really extremely popular we all get along :L

Inseriousity.
21-05-2013, 03:30 PM
I went through a phase in year 8 where I wanted to be popular and liked. Easiest way for boys to achieve this? be amazing at PE. I started really trying and getting stuck in, my popularity soared and I was generally well-liked and respected but my unending geekiness in the "nerdy" subjects meant I'd never reach that elite popular group. Tbh I'm glad I got a bit of perspective and stopped trying to be popular. I don't even think that pressure to maintain that popularity is worth the hassle. Talk about a turbulent time anyway and add an extra bucketload of stress. So I was liked but not popular so could still be myself, a nice combination.

Adam
21-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Nope, but when I went to sixth form almost everybody just got along.

geo
21-05-2013, 04:32 PM
no, thankfully. i don't think i'd suit a popular person as the people that are popular at my school are nothing like me and i'd hate having tuns of people as your friend or fake being your friend to stay on your good side. also means i didn't have to buy many presents for birthdays and christmas!!! i love the amount of friends i have and the amount of friends i have is my preferred amount, a few close ones and then just quite a lot of people i get along with (or seem to)

the popular people always seem to be partying and i hate parties so thank god

dbgtz
21-05-2013, 04:37 PM
No, but I got on with everybody (for different reasons). Well, everybody who wasn't a massive ******** and to be honest, by the time year 10 came along, the only real divisions were the ********s and everybody else.

Succubus
21-05-2013, 04:52 PM
was kinda well known but now every one just gets along and gets on with what they are doing

Empired
21-05-2013, 06:05 PM
I'm definitely not "popular" but I'm not particularly disliked by anyone. I can talk to pretty much everyone in my classes too. Doesn't really matter anyway as I'm leaving in 3 days ;)

velvet
21-05-2013, 06:42 PM
na man, on my first day i kinda rejected the popular kids n said i didn't wanna hang out with them at break. they never seemed to forget it n proceeded to make my life hell for 4 years, yey.

Matthew
21-05-2013, 06:59 PM
I wouldn't say I'm one of those stereotypical super popular people with all of the unpopular people clasping at my feet but yeah I'd say I'm pretty liked.

Get on well with everyone (there's only the odd person who I dislike) so yeah.

Hate the sorta social classes thing (popular, unpopular) etc but oh well.

Gibs960
21-05-2013, 06:59 PM
I'd say I can fit into most people's groups without a problem, but I wouldn't say I was popular.

At my previous school everyone thought the football team was cool/popular, but since we moved and merged with the other school; no one cares about football teams.

Chris
21-05-2013, 07:22 PM
No I wasn't. The popular people were all arrogant.

FlyingJesus
21-05-2013, 07:37 PM
I was popular at high school and I don't get this teen movie association between being popular and being fake, it's quite insulting tbh. Newsflash: some people are just good at life, and whatever some snappy posts on tumblr say it's not a bad thing to be liked

JACKTARD
21-05-2013, 07:43 PM
I was in the middle kind of groups I think. They all kind of phased out though and there weren't really groups by 'popularity' from sixth form onwards

Gina
21-05-2013, 08:08 PM
na not really
i just have 2 groups of friends i hangg around with
(would be one, but loads of them got in a massive argument, was quite funny but now theyve split in 2)

Martin
21-05-2013, 08:10 PM
Definitely not! :P I didn't really have any friends at all through school, mainly my fault for being a shy recluse :P

Red
21-05-2013, 08:12 PM
I don't think my school really had popular people? We had our own groupings based on friend groups, so I was in a group of 10 girls. I was never bullied at school or anything.

-Amyy
21-05-2013, 08:35 PM
When I was in year 7 and 8 I guess I was friends with the 'popular' kids, but they started smoking, drinking a lot and getting in trouble and tried to pressure me into doing it too, I realised they weren't the type of people I wanted to be friends with so I sort of distanced myself from them and now I have a small group of great friends :)

Reality
21-05-2013, 08:45 PM
I couldn't care if I was/am or not have the friends that care that all that matter isn't it?
Don't need popularity for the sympathy vote friends are friends you like them for them not from popularity

Chippiewill
21-05-2013, 09:35 PM
The kind of people who use Habbo and online forums are almost always massively introverted and/or socially awkward so I'd say no one here.

Stephen
22-05-2013, 12:44 AM
I hung around with the popular people but i don't think i was popular. Like everyone in my year knew me and stuff but i was only in the popular group because i used to be best friends with da uber popular ppl, mainly the guy who lives opposite me cos we grew up together. They didn't treat me like a friend though. I was sort of like the weak one of the group who anyone could just randomly punch in the balls even though I'd hit them back

Last time I actually hung around with them outside school.. a week later i had the police in my house because i was with them when they decided to smash a random person's window

thing that annoyed me was in the end I tried to find a new group of friends that i had more in common with and got pretty much shunned because the popular people used to pick on them so i was instantly the bad one too

Daltron
24-05-2013, 05:22 AM
nope

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!