PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo unveils the new Flickr with 1TB of free space

xxMATTGxx
20-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Yahoo has just announced a complete redesign of Flickr at its New York City event — the new site is live now and it comes with one terabyte of free photo space. Yahoo SVP Adam Cahan just made the announcement and said that "Flickr had become about words, little images, blue links. It was not about the photo anymore." But the new photostream changes that, will full-resolution images and a clean homepage with all the emphasis on images — it looks a lot like the Instagram web profile header.

However, the big news is the free space — "we want all of your images," said Cahan. He said it was 70 times bigger than what other sites offer, and said it could store 537,731 photos in "full quality." Yahoo directly mentioned the 15GB of storage space "other" companies offer, and it was a pretty direct shot at Google — a company that has made no secret recently about making photos a key part of its services.

Yahoo also announced a new Android Flickr app, which matches the capabilities of the recently-updated iOS app. "Upload once, send to any device, any screen, any friend, any follower, on any service, and make it absolutely beautiful," said Cahan.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/20/4349442/yahoo-unveils-the-new-flickr-with-one-terabyte-of-free-space

As a flickr user I am impressed with the big increase of free storage, not 100% sure about the new layout just yet but I am sure it will grow on me.

Reality
20-05-2013, 09:41 PM
Bloody hell 1TB of storage is modern society going to lose their mind anymore it is a good idea may cause a few issues with storage however I don't think that layout will fail to impress

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!