PDA

View Full Version : [UK] Which Political Party?

AgnesIO
21-05-2013, 03:44 PM
Poll to see which parties the forum support. Hidden the results for now, simply to avoid people select an option because it is most/least popular - genuinely interested to see which parties the forum supports.

Please do not vote if you are not from the UK, or if you have no intention of voting in elections (but please feel free to say why you don't intend to below!)

The other option is for anyone who supports one that is not listed - the list is definitely not exhaustive.

Post below if you have any particular reasons for your support, and also if there are any parties that you would never consider.

P.S. Happy to post statistics from the poll in posts throughout this thread - and the poll will reveal itself in one month.

----

Re-posted the thread as I ****** the poll up haha

Chippiewill
21-05-2013, 03:45 PM
Pirate Party UK - Yaarrr!

AgnesIO
21-05-2013, 03:48 PM
Pirate Party UK - Yaarrr!

Seriously? :L

I assume I understand what their main policy is though aha

Chippiewill
21-05-2013, 03:49 PM
The Pirate Party UK has three core policies:
- An end to excessive surveillance, profiling, tracking and monitoring on individuals performed by Government and big businesses.
- Ensuring that all members of society have real freedom of speech and real freedom to enjoy and participate in humanity's shared culture.
- The reform of copyright and patent law to legalise non-commercial file sharing and reduce the excessive length of copyright protection, and prevent patents being used to stifle innovation or manipulate prices.

Adam
21-05-2013, 03:50 PM
UKIP as more of a protest vote than anything.

BlooBanana
21-05-2013, 03:50 PM
I voted green party, I love their policies. But in the realistic world, I would of voted Labour.

AgnesIO
21-05-2013, 03:52 PM
The Pirate Party UK has three core policies:
- An end to excessive surveillance, profiling, tracking and monitoring on individuals performed by Government and big businesses.
- Ensuring that all members of society have real freedom of speech and real freedom to enjoy and participate in humanity's shared culture.
- The reform of copyright and patent law to legalise non-commercial file sharing and reduce the excessive length of copyright protection, and prevent patents being used to stifle innovation or manipulate prices.

As I assumed :L

Can't say I don't like the idea of those - personally they are not core issues for me though.

---------- Post added 21-05-2013 at 04:53 PM ----------

UKIP as more of a protest vote than anything.

Do you plan on continuing as a protest vote in the next GE, and who would you vote if you were not in protest?

Chippiewill
21-05-2013, 03:57 PM
Can't say I don't like the idea of those - personally they are not core issues for me though.

The purpose of the party is to raise awareness of the issues rather than to actually win an election

Adam
21-05-2013, 03:57 PM
Whichever party reacts the best to the protest. I'm sick of politics as a whole because all of them spout ********, at least Farage isn't afraid to tell it how it is.

The first major party to say it how it is gets my vote. I'll continue protest voting until something is done.

Kardan
21-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Labour voter in a conservative constituency :P

Duxe
21-05-2013, 04:01 PM
Damn, I actually forgot about the Pirate Party, forget my childish post about the conservatives. I would vote for the PP for legit reasons.

Adam
21-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Why, because you think it's right to steal property?

Red
21-05-2013, 04:41 PM
I vote the democratic unionist party

-:Undertaker:-
21-05-2013, 04:50 PM
UKIP since 2008/2009.

Bet nobody saw that coming. :P

Shockwave.2CC
21-05-2013, 04:52 PM
UKIP derr

AgnesIO
21-05-2013, 04:55 PM
UKIP since 2008/2009.

Bet nobody saw that coming. :P

Holy ****, man I thought you were BNP :S That is why I keep disagreeing with you...

(I joke, of course aha :))

For those interested the current results for this forum are;

UKIP - 4 votes
Conservatives - 2 votes
Green Party - 2 votes
Labour - 1 vote

Perhaps unsurprising, given the age demographic of this forum, but the Lib Dems have no votes at present lol

http://www.brianmoylan.info/media/Nick-Clegg-tuition-fees-pledge500x700.jpg

lawrawrrr
21-05-2013, 05:19 PM
A year ago I would have voted Lib Dems but I've just become a bit of a disgusting libertarian recently because I just can't fully commit to one party!!

MKR&*42
21-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Holy ****, man I thought you were BNP :S That is why I keep disagreeing with you...

(I joke, of course aha :))

For those interested the current results for this forum are;

UKIP - 4 votes
Conservatives - 2 votes
Green Party - 2 votes
Labour - 1 vote

Perhaps unsurprising, given the age demographic of this forum, but the Lib Dems have no votes at present lol

http://www.brianmoylan.info/media/Nick-Clegg-tuition-fees-pledge500x700.jpg

That picture you had in your signature is legit one of the main reasons I don't like Lib Dem :P

AgnesIO
21-05-2013, 05:26 PM
That picture you had in your signature is legit one of the main reasons I don't like Lib Dem :P

Aha, indeed. The sole reason I will never vote for the Liberal Democrats again.

Kardan
21-05-2013, 05:38 PM
I'm the same, I would have voted Lib Dems if they got rid of tuition fees... But alas, it's not to be :P

AgnesIO
21-05-2013, 05:41 PM
I'm the same, I would have voted Lib Dems if they got rid of tuition fees... But alas, it's not to be :P

I wouldn't even mind if they voted against the trebling. But to openingly hold a sheet with that pledge on and to vote to TREBLE them really, really outraged me.

FlyingJesus
21-05-2013, 05:45 PM
Monster Raving Loony Party are the only ones who are intelligent enough for me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jIIXUEttF0

I also like their proposal for an EU referendum with the choices:
a) In
b) Out
c) Shake it all about

AgnesIO
23-05-2013, 12:05 AM
Current results;

Labour - 2
Conservatives - 2
Liberal Democrats - 0
UKIP - 6
Green Party - 2
Scottish National Party - 0
Plaid Cymru - 0
British National Party - 0
Other - 5

buttons
23-05-2013, 10:04 AM
i vote for scottish greens.

Aiden
23-05-2013, 10:20 AM
I want teh David Cameron one lol

Matthew
23-05-2013, 10:42 AM
I want teh David Cameron one lol

why did you vote labour then :O

Aiden
23-05-2013, 10:43 AM
why did you vote labour then :O

cuz i thought that was his lmfaooo
and i cant change
so yea
and why are you releveling this info? its kinda private uno lololol

Matthew
23-05-2013, 10:45 AM
and i cant change
so yea

Oh I forgot smods and stuff can see that but no one else (A)

sorry

AgnesIO
23-05-2013, 03:53 PM
and i cant change
so yea

Oh I forgot smods and stuff can see that but no one else (A)

sorry

It doesn't matter - 1 months time and everyone will be able to see who voted what.

Aiden
23-05-2013, 03:57 PM
It doesn't matter - 1 months time and everyone will be able to see who voted what.

Okay... no one is maker a huge deal over it lmfao :P

AgnesIO
23-05-2013, 04:00 PM
Okay... no one is maker a huge deal over it lmfao :P

err I didn't say they were - I was just clearing up that everyone would be able to see in a months time, so there is no need for anyone to be sorry? But w/e, guess it got you another post to add to your post count lmao

----

Current results;

Labour - 4
Conservatives - 2
Liberal Democrats - 0
UKIP - 7
Green Party - 2
Plaid Cymru - 0
Other - 6

Would be awesome if we could get it up to about 50 votes.

Aiden
23-05-2013, 04:01 PM
err I didn't say they were - I was just clearing up that everyone would be able to see in a months time, so there is no need for anyone to be sorry? But w/e, guess it got you another post to add to your post count lmao

oh ikr

and i only heard of ukip the other week lmfao ;)

Chippiewill
23-05-2013, 04:03 PM
oh ikr

and i only heard of ukip the other week lmfao ;)

You've been registered to this forum for more than a year. I seriously doubt that claim.

Aiden
23-05-2013, 04:04 PM
You've been registered to this forum for more than a year. I seriously doubt that claim.

I avoid the debates and current affairs forums... as well as Undertaker :) I used to think he would be mean but uno lol

Chippiewill
23-05-2013, 05:02 PM
I avoid the debates and current affairs forums
I take it you're not an intellectual then.

Aiden
23-05-2013, 05:03 PM

Not really lol

AgnesIO
23-05-2013, 06:35 PM

Doesn't even go to school - apparently - hardly of the academic group.

I don't believe the UKIP thing though, not sure how anyone couldn't have known about them - given the advertisements and coverage surrounding them recently.

Grig
23-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Who are the blind people to vote for Labour.

I would love an explanation, and not merely Tories are doing **** or I live in a Labour constituency.

Kardan
23-05-2013, 06:58 PM
Who are the blind people to vote for Labour.

I would love an explanation, and not merely Tories are doing **** or I live in a Labour constituency.

I'm one of them :P

Basically, for my constituency (which is Conservative if that matters) a vote for anyone other than Labour, Conservatives or the Lib Dems is redundant. We do have a UKIP candidate, and I probably expect them to do a lot better in the next election.

I don't support the Lib Dems because they screwed students over basically... UKIP, I don't agree with as much as Labour/Conservatives, and I support Labour more than the Conservatives, plus I'm not a fan of my current MP.

Ardemax
23-05-2013, 07:55 PM
I'd say UKIP. I don't know if they've dared across the bridge into Wales yet, though.

Zelda
24-05-2013, 05:47 PM

erm someone is perfectly capable to be an intellectual but not be interested in that sort of thing.....

--------------------

anyway voted for UKIP personally

MKR&*42
24-05-2013, 05:51 PM

That's downright unfair. I hope you're being sarcastic...

dbgtz
24-05-2013, 06:46 PM
I'd say UKIP. I don't know if they've dared across the bridge into Wales yet, though.

They have but the only Welsh UKIP MEP just resigned (or plans to).

Anyway UKIP.

Inseriousity.
24-05-2013, 08:09 PM
Doesn't even go to school - apparently - hardly of the academic group.

I don't believe the UKIP thing though, not sure how anyone couldn't have known about them - given the advertisements and coverage surrounding them recently.

Really easily. It's hard to believe because you're interested in politics but for someone who isn't, it's easily ignored.
I haven't really decided who I'm going to vote for tbh. I'm not feeling a 'yeah this vote feels right' for any of them.

AgnesIO
24-05-2013, 10:55 PM
Really easily. It's hard to believe because you're interested in politics but for someone who isn't, it's easily ignored.
I haven't really decided who I'm going to vote for tbh. I'm not feeling a 'yeah this vote feels right' for any of them.

Where I live, you couldn't walk through the town without seeing at least one poster/advertisement (which normally caught your eye as someone had drawn over Farage...)

I am not interested in many things, but I still hear about them. I have never watched a second of "Towie" in my life, yet I have still heard of it o.O

Mark
25-05-2013, 06:36 PM
Since the discussion has calmed down a bit, when are the results likely to be posted? Intrigued by this haha

---------- Post added 25-05-2013 at 07:36 PM ----------
Marketing;

AgnesIO
25-05-2013, 11:31 PM
Current Results;

Labour - 5
Conservatives - 3
Lib Dems - 0 (unsurprisingly given the forum demographic)
UKIP - 12
Green Party - 2
Other - 6

Only 28 voters so far - I was hoping for about 50, but there we go! Would be interested to know if any of the recent UKIP votes have been influenced by certain recent events - no I am not calling the party racist, before anyone says so - but I would have thought it is an excellent time for UKIP to put across its views on immigration!

As I said, no surprise about Lib Dems getting no votes, somewhat surprised by Labour getting 5, not surprised by the Conservatives getting only 3 - again, largely due to the demographic of the forum. The fact two people have voted Green doesn't surprise me, unfortunately.

Mark :)

26-05-2013, 12:02 AM
Putting these results into the Electoral Calculus tool (which is completely wrong in this circumstance by the way, owing to the fact that the results from 2010 are completely different to today and it only allows four parties :P).... just for fun, if this were replicated in a General Election by percentage of votes then a Habbox Forum-returned Parliament would look something like this;

UKIP - 42.8% - 527 seats
LAB - 17.8% - 85 seats
CON - 10.7% - 0 seats
LDEM - 0% - 0 seats
OTHERS (including Greens) - 28.5% - 10 seats

...meaning Mr. Farage would walk into Downing Street with a huge majority.

http://images.dailyexpress.co.uk/img/dynamic/1/285x214/333380_1.jpg

Here's the Electoral Calculus tool if anybody wants to play around with it; http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/userpoll.html :) Interesting tool for anybody wanting to work out how a FPTP voting system works/can suddenly change aswell at 'tipping points'.

AgnesIO
26-05-2013, 12:21 AM
Putting these results into the Electoral Calculus tool (which is completely wrong in this circumstance by the way, owing to the fact that the results from 2010 are completely different to today and it only allows four parties :P).... just for fun, if this were replicated in a General Election by percentage of votes then a Habbox Forum-returned Parliament would look something like this;

UKIP - 42.8% - 527 seats
LAB - 17.8% - 85 seats
CON - 10.7% - 0 seats
LDEM - 0% - 0 seats
OTHERS (including Greens) - 28.5% - 10 seats

http://images.dailyexpress.co.uk/img/dynamic/1/285x214/333380_1.jpg

Here's the Electoral Calculus tool if anybody wants to play around with it; http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/userpoll.html :) Interesting tool for anybody wanting to work out how a FPTP voting system works/can suddenly change aswell at 'tipping points'.

Aha, that is actually pretty cool :L

Cheers for the link too, very interesting.

JACKTARD
26-05-2013, 12:33 AM
I'll be voting Conservative. Labour fill me with no confidence and have never really appealed to me and after the whole student thing I won't be voting Lib Dem any time soon.

In all honesty I don't really know much about UKIP other than they've had a recent surge in popularity and that they have strong views on the EU, I should probably do a little bit of research into them.

4Fraider
26-05-2013, 09:33 PM
I voted green party, I love their policies. But in the realistic world, I would of voted Labour.
I live in Brighton where the Green party is in power. They have wasted so much money on extremely stupid decisions. Trust me, you wouldn't want them running the country...

Chippiewill
26-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Not a majority. The Labour, Conservative greens and others coalition would walk into Downing Street.

Rozi
26-05-2013, 09:51 PM
Before this government, I would have voted Lib Dem, but I think the coalition has really buggered them.

So I'll probably vote Labour.

26-05-2013, 09:56 PM
Not a majority. The Labour, Conservative greens and others coalition would walk into Downing Street.

Eh? look at the numbers.

A total of 95 seats does not equal a majority against 500+ :P

Chippiewill
26-05-2013, 09:57 PM
Eh? look at the numbers.

"UKIP - 42.8%" not a majority.

Edit: awks.. just looked at the percentages not the seats. I assumed that they were percentage of seats.

26-05-2013, 09:59 PM
"UKIP - 42.8%" not a majority.

Governments under FPTP aren't formed on the basis of getting over 50% of the vote, they simply need over 50% of the seats under FPTP.

Indeed, I think the last government to be formed in real life with a 50% (voting) majority was back in the 1950s or before.

Chippiewill
26-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Governments under FPTP aren't formed on the basis of getting over 50% of the vote, they simply need over 50% of the seats under FPTP.

Indeed, I think the last government to be formed in real life with a 50% (voting) majority was back in the 1950s or before.

read my edit ;)

Shar
27-05-2013, 02:12 PM
I'm really not sure anymore.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!