PDA

View Full Version : Incident in Woolwich

Mr-Trainor
22-05-2013, 03:22 PM
Not exactly clear what happened or why, but just heard an eye witness on the radio talking about this horrendous incident in Woolwich, south east London which is said to have involved two men attacking another.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22630303

---------- Post added 22-05-2013 at 04:24 PM ----------

Oh here's a live page: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22630304

Cerys
22-05-2013, 03:37 PM
RIP to the guy
:(

Ardemax
22-05-2013, 03:57 PM
Some nutter with a machete apparently. What a tragic death. RIP

lemons
22-05-2013, 04:28 PM
This happened around the corner from my nans, apparently the man who died was a British soldier :( RIP

---------- Post added 22-05-2013 at 05:31 PM ----------

Sky News just said it's been confirmed that it's being treated as a terrorist attack

Mr-Trainor
22-05-2013, 04:34 PM
This happened around the corner from my nans, apparently the man who died was a British soldier :( RIP

---------- Post added 22-05-2013 at 05:31 PM ----------

Sky News just said it's been confirmed that it's being treated as a terrorist attack
Yeah I'm assuming that was the man who was found dead at the scene :(.

I haven't heard anything about it being treated as a terrorist attack yet though :S.

xxMATTGxx
22-05-2013, 04:40 PM
Yeah I'm assuming that was the man who was found dead at the scene :(.

I haven't heard anything about it being treated as a terrorist attack yet though :S.

Sky News twitter said that

Cerys
22-05-2013, 04:43 PM
They're saying the event has believed to be recorded by either the one's carrying out the attack or someone with them... if that's true then that is sick..

BBC have also said it's believed to be a terrorist attack ^^

Mr-Trainor
22-05-2013, 04:54 PM
Yeah saw that just after, apparently because of the fact that the victim was a soldier.

Cerys
22-05-2013, 05:06 PM
Yeah saw that just after, apparently because of the fact that the victim was a soldier.

I heard that it was because they were apparently shouting stuff like 'alu akbar' as they carried out the attacks, also.

GommeInc
22-05-2013, 05:10 PM
And the culprits were demanding they were filmed, and apparently shouted Allah is great or something while doing it. It could be considered a minor terrorist offence, rather than a major one as seen in Boston which involved mass deaths.

Mr-Trainor
22-05-2013, 05:11 PM
And the culprits were demanding they were filmed, and apparently shouted Allah is great or something while doing it. It could be considered a minor terrorist offence, rather than a major one as seen in Boston which involved mass deaths.
Ohh yeah I heard that from the eye witness on the radio - he apparently approached a bus and asked all the passengers to take pics of him.

Jordan
22-05-2013, 05:15 PM
BBC News just said that the government was taking it really seriously and that a COBRA meeting had been issued within the half hour. Quite nasty that people can do this and they also said there were unconfirmed sources that someone got decapitated :S.

DPS
22-05-2013, 05:40 PM
The PM is going to be back in London tonight because of this BBC news just said.

http://news.images.itv.com/image/file/208858/image_update_433745f6b0f13542_1369244508_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

Kardan
22-05-2013, 05:55 PM
The PM is going to be back in London tonight because of this BBC news just said.

http://news.images.itv.com/image/file/208858/image_update_433745f6b0f13542_1369244508_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

That should be in spoilers really, it's quite shocking to say the least. And how did that image even happen? Someone took an image of the attacker right infront of him, and people are everywhere?

xxMATTGxx
22-05-2013, 05:56 PM
That should be in spoilers really, it's quite shocking to say the least. And how did that image even happen? Someone took an image of the attacker right infront of him, and people are everywhere?

From the reports they demanded for people to take photos of them which is crazy

---------- Post added 22-05-2013 at 07:04 PM ----------

Just seen the video of it, he apologised to the people that he had to see it. Went on about people have to see it happen in their lands. Looks like it was planned and they were targeting the person specifically.

Kardan
22-05-2013, 06:06 PM
From the reports they demanded for people to take photos of them which is crazy

---------- Post added 22-05-2013 at 07:04 PM ----------

Just seen the video of it, he apologised to the people that he had to see it. Went on about people have to see it happen in their lands. Looks like it was planned and they were targeting the person specifically.

Definitely planned, but I'm not sure if they were targetting the person specifically, sounds to me that any generic soldier would have done... I'll post a link to the video in a spoiler if anyone wants to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EROXP8JDG9M

Adam
22-05-2013, 06:07 PM
Hurrah for multiculturalism.

Cerys
22-05-2013, 06:07 PM
Wait so is that a picture of the supposed attacker?
And in his hand is the weapon? edit; and are they gloves or blood..? ;s

Wow that's scary.. I bet the people were terrified!

Such shocking news

Kardan
22-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Look at this witness account on Twitter (if it's real...)

https://twitter.com/BOYADEE

xxMATTGxx
22-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Definitely planned, but I'm not sure if they were targetting the person specifically, sounds to me that any generic soldier would have done... I'll post a link to the video in a spoiler if anyone wants to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EROXP8JDG9M

Sorry that's what I meant. Yeah I agree that any solider would have done for them.

Mr-Trainor
22-05-2013, 06:14 PM
David Cameron speaking now.

wixard
22-05-2013, 06:21 PM
just watched the video for the first time, it's hard to believe how calm everyone in the background is
but then just think, how else are you supposed to handle that situation besides calling the police...

also what the hell was that woman doing lying beside the dead body?

Kardan
22-05-2013, 06:22 PM
just watched the video for the first time, it's hard to believe how calm everyone in the background is
but then just think, how else are you supposed to handle that situation besides calling the police...

also what the hell was that woman doing lying beside the dead body?

Personally, I would have legged it... I'm surprised people are just hanging around... I'm surprised the person filming didn't run when the guy approached him...

wixard
22-05-2013, 06:27 PM
Personally, I would have legged it... I'm surprised people are just hanging around... I'm surprised the person filming didn't run when the guy approached him...

everytime his body leans forward when he's speaking though you can see the camera jerk
lol... oh wait i just watched again and he doesn't jerk, jeez

yeah i just told niamh i'd probably be miles away from there as soon as i could comprehend what was happening

Cerys
22-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Gonna watch the video.
Can I just ask before I watch it, is it bad/do you see anything bad?

Adam
22-05-2013, 06:31 PM
Gonna watch the video.
Can I just ask before I watch it, is it bad/do you see anything bad?
blood on his hands.

wixard
22-05-2013, 06:31 PM
Look at this witness account on Twitter (if it's real...)

https://twitter.com/BOYADEE

PISSING MYSELF AT THAT TWITTER

Mate ive seen alot of **** im my time but that has to rank sumwhere in the top 3. I couldnt believe my eyes.

TOP 3 ******* WHAT ELSE HAS HE SEEN

@Cerys (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=83384); no you just see the guy talking to a camera after and a body on the road, no blood or anything besides on the guys hands

Cerys
22-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Okays, cheers guys :)

You've gotta be pretty messed up in your head to do something like this, though.. ;/

Mileut
22-05-2013, 06:35 PM
My dad is a british solider, and apparently the victim was targeted for wearing a 'help for heroes' tshirts. Makes me very sad, my dad has served the country for 24 years and hes been away for long periods of times but soliders can be mistreated or verbally abused because they're doing heroic acts? I dont really see the logic. I reckon this is going to turn Britain and the political state upside down.

Kardan
22-05-2013, 06:44 PM
My dad is a british solider, and apparently the victim was targeted for wearing a 'help for heroes' tshirts. Makes me very sad, my dad has served the country for 24 years and hes been away for long periods of times but soliders can be mistreated or verbally abused because they're doing heroic acts? I dont really see the logic. I reckon this is going to turn Britain and the political state upside down.

There's no proof they were targeted for wearing that T-Shirt. What it seems like to me, is that they just waited for the next person to come out of the barracks really. But there's no proof of that either...

Adam
22-05-2013, 06:47 PM
It's time to kill these radical ****bags.

Kardan
22-05-2013, 06:49 PM
It's time to kill these radical ****bags.

How do you propose we do that?

Adam
22-05-2013, 06:50 PM
How do you propose we do that?
By killing them.

DPS
22-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Now just think if the Army was to now boycott there job... i'd love to see it.

Yawn
22-05-2013, 06:53 PM
wats happened i just watched a vid of the guy that did wateva happened and a body is on the floor huh

Kardan
22-05-2013, 06:53 PM
By killing them.

:P How do we find them is what I meant :)

---------- Post added 22-05-2013 at 07:54 PM ----------

wats happened i just watched a vid of the guy that did wateva happened and a body is on the floor huh

Black guy with blood on hands (along with another guy) hacked up (perhaps beheaded) some guy on the floor (perhaps a soldier), then hung around for 20 minutes until armed police came. They charged at armed police and got shot down.

Adam
22-05-2013, 06:57 PM
:P How do we find them is what I meant :)

Oh God have they actually got away?

lemons
22-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Oh God have they actually got away?

No the police shot them

xxMATTGxx
22-05-2013, 06:58 PM
They didn't even attempt to run away they stayed in the area and waited for the Police to arrive.

Adam
They didn't even attempt to run away they stayed in the area and waited for the Police to arrive.
That's what I thought...

Cerys
It's crazy how they waited..?

I mean, if I was crazed enough to do something disgusting like that, I'd be running away as fast as I could, trying not to get caught.

And don't say 'they stayed to blend in with the crowd' cos it's obvious they did it with all that blood on them!!

Yawn
22-05-2013, 07:04 PM
WTF THIS IS CRAZY WHY IS EVERY1 SO CALM AND JUST CARRYING ON LIKE NORMAL IN THIS VID WHEN THERE IS A DEAD BEHEADED (MAYBE) BODY ON THE FLOOR OMG

lemons
22-05-2013, 07:06 PM
WTF THIS IS CRAZY WHY IS EVERY1 SO CALM AND JUST CARRYING ON LIKE NORMAL IN THIS VID WHEN THERE IS A DEAD BEHEADED (MAYBE) BODY ON THE FLOOR OMG

my nan lives there and she said everyone was screaming, the video does seem a bit odd though

xxMATTGxx
22-05-2013, 07:07 PM
It's crazy how they waited..?

I mean, if I was crazed enough to do something disgusting like that, I'd be running away as fast as I could, trying not to get caught.

And don't say 'they stayed to blend in with the crowd' cos it's obvious they did it with all that blood on them!!

They probably wanted to be captured etc.

Stephen
22-05-2013, 07:10 PM
british people:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6f/Keep-calm-and-carry-on-scan.jpg

Shockwave.2CC
22-05-2013, 08:36 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/603633_417930958314677_556020241_n.jpg

-:Undertaker:-
22-05-2013, 08:45 PM
Absolutely sickening.

Two things -

() Watch out for the state now coming to take your civil liberties under the guise of keeping you safe.
() Unsure on the circumstances and as much as I loathe what these individuals have done, shooting suspects dead on the street by the Police is something I find scary when it appears as though they could have been taken in without being shot. Even with those who we know to be guilty, they should be given a fair trial and then executed via hanging rather than the Police administering justice on the streets.

xxMATTGxx
22-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Absolutely sickening.

Two things -

() Watch out for the state now coming to take your civil liberties under the guise of keeping you safe.
() Unsure on the circumstances and as much as I loathe what these individuals have done, shooting suspects dead on the street by the Police is something I find scary when it appears as though they could have been taken in without being shot. Even with those who we know to be guilty, they should be given a fair trial and then executed via hanging rather than the Police administering justice on the streets.

They are still alive - It was some bad reporting about them both being shot dead. They were shot at I believe but then were taken to hospital. But they did have weapons and it might have been hard to get them under arrest without the use of using the weapons the Police carry at the time. I know there was a report of them running towards the officers with whatever they had.

Problem is at the moment we don't know all the information or hasn't been mentioned to the Media yet so it's all still uncertain what actually happened. They may have just used stun guns, who knows :P

the-town-troll
22-05-2013, 08:49 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by Dilusionate (Trilist Forum Moderator): Please do not post racist comments.

Bradley.
22-05-2013, 09:21 PM
omgggg this is absolutely horrible
i agree with subo; what the hell are those people doing????? i know i wouldn't be standing around when there is a black guy with blood all over his hands just after savaging a human being!!!!!!!!

Joe
22-05-2013, 09:29 PM
They're just doing what all the extremist matyrs do.

Have you seen the muslim extremist videos of people filming themselves praying before they kill themselves (and usually others).

Yeah, this is just a more modern version of that. All propaganda. Such a shame a life was lost during this though.

But to be honest Britain could barely sell Olympic tickets let alone sort out a possible terrorist attack.

xxMATTGxx
22-05-2013, 09:33 PM
They're just doing what all the extremist matyrs do.

Have you seen the muslim extremist videos of people filming themselves praying before they kill themselves (and usually others).

Yeah, this is just a more modern version of that. All propaganda. Such a shame a life was lost during this though.

But to be honest Britain could barely sell Olympic tickets let alone sort out a possible terrorist attack.

I am sorry but you are wrong. There was only issues in selling the Olympic tickets at the start, they soon realised there was issues and put solutions in place. Then you saw the events filling up and the tickets being sold. To be honest also using that argument is pretty crap considering other countries also have to deal with terrorist attacks.

---------- Post added 22-05-2013 at 10:37 PM ----------

At least 100 people now chanting Rule Britannia in Woolwich's main square

http://mattgarner.net/uploads/BK5nDb-CYAAAnP7.jpg_large.jpg

https://twitter.com/NicoHines/status/337320330840399872

More tweets:

EDL chanting as few dozen march into #woolwich . Just seen man put on balaclava and put black handled implement under sweatshirt

https://twitter.com/BenQuinn75/

Joe
22-05-2013, 09:37 PM
I am sorry but you are wrong. There was only issues in selling the Olympic tickets at the start, they soon realised there was issues and put solutions in place. Then you saw the events filling up and the tickets being sold. To be honest also using that argument is pretty crap considering other countries also have to deal with terrorist attacks.

Ok maybe using that example wasn't the best choice, but really I'm just furious at the fact that it happened anyway. The fact the response time for the police was also 30 minutes really annoys me. Ignore the Olympic reference I'm just mad at the United Kingdom anyway. Allowed far too many people in and when they do something, we can't control them and can't even kick them out because of human rights. Political correctness gone mad.

xxMATTGxx
22-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Ok maybe using that example wasn't the best choice, but really I'm just furious at the fact that it happened anyway. The fact the response time for the police was also 30 minutes really annoys me. Ignore the Olympic reference I'm just mad at the United Kingdom anyway. Allowed far too many people in and when they do something, we can't control them and can't even kick them out because of human rights. Political correctness gone mad.

The Police timing doesn't seem to be fully confirmed as I know it's been said it was anywhere between 5 to 20 minutes. If it took them so long to arrive to then the scene then yeah that is worrying and I am sure it will be looked into it. Quite a lot of information we don't know yet.

Joe
22-05-2013, 09:43 PM
The Police timing doesn't seem to be fully confirmed as I know it's been said it was anywhere between 5 to 20 minutes. If it took them so long to arrive to then the scene then yeah that is worrying and I am sure it will be looked into it. Quite a lot of information we don't know yet.

Yes I agree, although I'm just furious it happened anyway. The worlds such a *REMOVED* up place and it seems nothing can be done about it. Living in harmony just doesn't seem thinkable anymore.

Edited by Dilusionate (Trialist Forum Moderator): Please dot not avoid the forum filter, thanks!

Red
22-05-2013, 09:57 PM
omg how shocking. How can people just stand there while he has just done that and still armed! I would be getting away from there as fast as possible.

Richie
22-05-2013, 10:10 PM
How can someone stand there with blood on there hands explaining why they killed the soldier. People, just people, sigh.

R.I.P

Also does anyone know if the IRA are trending on twitter because of this incident or something else? I tried looking and I'm just finding posts about the killing.

xxMATTGxx
22-05-2013, 10:21 PM
How can someone stand there with blood on there hands explaining why they killed the soldier. People, just people, sigh.

R.I.P

Also does anyone know if the IRA are trending on twitter because of this incident or something else? I tried looking and I'm just finding posts about the killing.

I know the EDL were trending, not sure about the IRA though

Catchy
22-05-2013, 10:24 PM
I'm suddenly not so excited to move to London... Can't believe this story though, it's actually horrific I really don't know what's wrong with people :S

xxMATTGxx
22-05-2013, 10:28 PM
@SkyNewsBreak: Two men have been arrested after separate attacks on mosques in Kent and Essex following the killing in #Woolwich

I assume its related, might not be but who knows.

wixard
22-05-2013, 10:32 PM

R.I.P

eh yeah people are just basically saying not to hate on all muslims because they didn't hate on all irish people (which isn't particularly true by the way)

but also something else related to the ira happened earlier today

AgnesIO
22-05-2013, 10:33 PM
@SkyNewsBreak: Two men have been arrested after separate attacks on mosques in Kent and Essex following the killing in #Woolwich

I assume its related, might not be but who knows.

Almost certainly.

Embarrassed to say one of the mosque attacks is about 20 minutes from me.

No better than the terrorists.

xxMATTGxx
22-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Almost certainly.

Embarrassed to say one of the mosque attacks is about 20 minutes from me.

No better than the terrorists.

Agreed, it doesn't help or solve anything at all.

AgnesIO
22-05-2013, 10:45 PM
Agreed, it doesn't help or solve anything at all.

The way I look at it is that the HUMANS that use the mosques are just normal people, who happen to follow Islam. It isn't even as though they are attacking extremists.

In a similar context; Christian man stabs someone to death (which almost certainly happens multiple times a year in this country). So I react and go and smash up a church? :S

Just concerned that today's events will cause further racist, xenophobic views that unfortunately already exist in the country.

GommeInc
22-05-2013, 11:02 PM
In a similar context; Christian man stabs someone to death (which almost certainly happens multiple times a year in this country). So I react and go and smash up a church? :S
Or a child brutality attacks another child, so you destroy the school they go to in revenge. It's pretty much the same. You'd think they would attack their homes (which I do not support, but it seems more logical). If anything, they've widened the gap between honest Muslims and wider society.

Kardan
22-05-2013, 11:16 PM
Absolutely sickening.

Two things -

How can you take in a mad man with a machete coming at you?

22-05-2013, 11:21 PM
How can you take in a mad man with a machete coming at you?

He didn't seem to be attacking anybody though, thats my point. We don't know exactly what the circumstances are, but lets assume he was simply standing there when the Police arrived - had he refused to surrender his weapon and be arrested then sure, he ought to be shot at. If not, then he shouldn't have been shot at and ought to be put on trial.

It always perplexes me how people who oppose the death penalty (a civilised method of administering justice) are always the first ones, in the event of a terrorist attacks, to demand ridiculously over the top and Police state-like measures to deal with it - ie, shooting suspects on the streets.

Kardan
23-05-2013, 01:02 AM
He didn't seem to be attacking anybody though, thats my point. We don't know exactly what the circumstances are, but lets assume he was simply standing there when the Police arrived - had he refused to surrender his weapon and be arrested then sure, he ought to be shot at. If not, then he shouldn't have been shot at and ought to be put on trial.

It always perplexes me how people who oppose the death penalty (a civilised method of administering justice) are always the first ones, in the event of a terrorist attacks, to demand ridiculously over the top and Police state-like measures to deal with it - ie, shooting suspects on the streets.

We don't know what happened for sure, but witnesses say he charged at the armed police when they arrived... How he thought he'd get anywhere near them I don't know...

xxMATTGxx
23-05-2013, 08:42 AM
The BBC understands guidance has been issued to members of the armed forces to "conceal" their uniforms if in public, especially when travelling alone, in light of Wednesday's attack.

A Ministry of Defence source says the uniform advice is a "common sense"" measure while the investigation into yesterday's attack is ongoing. He says it does not amount to a change in policy. Security at a number of military bases has already been stepped up and members of the services have been told to remain vigilant.

HarrySX
23-05-2013, 09:44 AM
Watch the number of seats filled by UKIP rise in '15.

Also this hate made me hate my generation even more, I keep forgetting how uneducated people are.

Lee
23-05-2013, 09:58 AM
This is the type of thing you see on Facebook videos in Iran and Sudan unbelievable that it can and will just happen on a street in London. Absolute scum the males who did this.

Ardemax
23-05-2013, 10:02 AM
Watch the number of seats filled by UKIP rise in '15.

Also this hate made me hate my generation even more, I keep forgetting how uneducated people are.

I'm actually quite proud how the Habboxforum audience aren't all chanting "GET 'EM OUT" and going all Daily Mail on the internet. Well done, forum.

xxMATTGxx
23-05-2013, 10:07 AM
Was reported at around half 10 the following:

The Metropolitan Police execute a search warrant at an address in Lincolnshire. A Lincolnshire Police spokesman says: "This is in connection with the ongoing investigation into the murder of a man in Woolwich. The Metropolitan Police are not prepared to discuss the matter further at this stage

HarrySX
23-05-2013, 10:07 AM
I'm actually quite proud how the Habboxforum audience aren't all chanting "GET 'EM OUT" and going all Daily Mail on the internet. Well done, forum.

I'm going on what I've seen on FB and Twitter.

Ardemax
23-05-2013, 11:09 AM
I'm going on what I've seen on FB and Twitter.

Agreed. It's quite sickening the number of ignorant and uneducated young (and old!) people there are.

23-05-2013, 08:22 PM
I love how David Cameron said we will never give into terrorism, when that's exactly what they did in the 1990s with the IRA.

sex
23-05-2013, 08:25 PM
I love how David Cameron said we will never give into terrorism, when that's exactly what they did in the 1990s with the IRA.

doesn't mean they will now? :S

23-05-2013, 08:29 PM
doesn't mean they will now? :S

Well it certainly doesn't fill me with hope or confidence when they are supplying terrorists weapons and cash in the Middle East right now.

Kardan
24-05-2013, 12:11 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/woolwich-attack-watch-shocking-video-1907772

There's a video of the two suspects being shot by police.
-:Undertaker:-; I said yesterday that I was surprised they decided to charge armed police, and that really the only way to take down people charging at you with knives is to shoot them down. Looking at this video, I'm surprised they got so close... And I'm impressed by the quick reaction of the police, they were still in the car when they shot him down. Seems like they had no choice to shoot them.

Duxe
24-05-2013, 01:08 AM
RIP to the innocent man.

Stephen
24-05-2013, 02:16 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/woolwich-attack-watch-shocking-video-1907772

There's a video of the two suspects being shot by police.
@-:Undertaker:- (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=24233); I said yesterday that I was surprised they decided to charge armed police, and that really the only way to take down people charging at you with knives is to shoot them down. Looking at this video, I'm surprised they got so close... And I'm impressed by the quick reaction of the police, they were still in the car when they shot him down. Seems like they had no choice to shoot them.

lol that spinning dive as he got shot

GoldenMerc
24-05-2013, 10:22 AM
lol that spinning dive as he got shot

Just watched it, thought it'd be a bit more dramatic

DPS
24-05-2013, 01:35 PM
That video is fantastic keep watching it.

Also im voting UKIP the UK needs change.

GET Anjem Choudary OUT THE COUNTRY

Kardan
24-05-2013, 01:42 PM
That video is fantastic keep watching it.

Also im voting UKIP the UK needs change.

GET Anjem Choudary OUT THE COUNTRY

Can I ask why this has decided to make you vote UKIP? I should probably ask -:Undertaker:-; what UKIP's reaction to these events were...

I mean, UKIP's main policy of getting out of Europe wouldn't have prevented this incident? So I take it UKIP have some other policy that relates to this event...?

24-05-2013, 02:31 PM
Can I ask why this has decided to make you vote UKIP? I should probably ask @<a href="http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=24233" target="_blank">-:Undertaker:-</a>; what UKIP's reaction to these events were...

The party hasn't had a reaction other than Farage saying what everyone else has said and that people should remain calm.

http://www.ukip.org/index.php/newsroom/news/653-woolwich-killing-ukip-statement

Following the news of the appalling incident in Woolwich this afternoon that has left a young soldier dead and others injured Nigel Farage, the UKIP leader said:

“We are all left horrified by this appalling attack on the peaceful streets of London, and our thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the young man who was killed and those who were affected.”

“I hope and believe that this is an isolated incident and appeal for calm amongst all our communities.”

Mr Amjad Bashir, Chairman of the Zouk Group of companies said, “British Muslims will be as disgusted by this attack as anybody else in the UK. I condemn it utterly”.

..and thats it.

I mean, UKIP's main policy of getting out of Europe wouldn't have prevented this incident? So I take it UKIP have some other policy that relates to this event...?

The person Celtix refers to, the Islamic hate preacher Anjem Choudary, who most likely influenced these men through his organisation, sadly can't be deported as he was born here so doesn't really have a relation to the issue of Europe. However I think the broader point Celtix is alluding to is probably the issue of the ECHR (of which EU membership depends upon) which has prevented us from deporting hate preachers and terrorist suspects before in the past due to their 'human rights'. This case with Choudary however has no relation.

I suppose there is a deeper point about immigration here and in particular Islamic immigration and the fact that there is clearly an integration problem (which i've repeated countless times on this forum) in many parts of the country which are allowing these sorts of views to spread amongst people who live and think as they would as though they are still living in the Middle East - however its not a direct issue and is more an underlying issue that of course can only be fixed via reform of our open door immigration policy.

Here is Douglas Murray (an expert in Islamic extremism and hate preaching) vs Choudary last night on Channel 4 News.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w0nGyXBhkE

So I suppose the policy that could have prevented this sort of attack would be a policy of integration (UKIP) over one of multiculturalism (LibLabCon).

Kardan
24-05-2013, 02:39 PM
The party hasn't had a reaction other than Farage saying what everyone else has said and that people should remain calm.

The person Celtix refers to, the Islamic hate preacher Anjem Choudary, who most likely influenced these men through his organisation, sadly can't be deported as he was born here so doesn't really have a relation to the issue of Europe. However I think the broader point Celtix is alluding to is probably the issue of the ECHR (of which EU membership depends upon) which has prevented us from deporting hate preachers and terrorist suspects before in the past due to their 'human rights'.

I suppose there is a deeper point about immigration here and in particular Islamic immigration and the fact that there is clearly an integration problem 9which i've repeated countless times on this forum) in many parts of the country which are allowing these sorts of views to spread amongst people who live and think as they would as though they are still living in the Middle East - however its not a direct issue and is more an underlying issue that of course can only be fixed via reform of our open door immigration policy.

Here is Douglas Murray (an expert in Islamic extremism and hate preaching) vs Choudary last night on Channel 4 News.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w0nGyXBhkE

I already knew about Choudary, don't worry - I was just wondering how UKIP was tied into things... I do agree that the fact we can't deport people like this is an issue, so I guess that actually is a positive reason for leaving the EU...

And I'm glad that UKIP haven't tried to put a spin on the recent events to try and make themselves look good/better, and I must say that has gave them more respect from me... I've been under the impression that they might have done things like that before in the past?

24-05-2013, 02:41 PM
I already knew about Choudary, don't worry - I was just wondering how UKIP was tied into things... I do agree that the fact we can't deport people like this is an issue, so I guess that actually is a positive reason for leaving the EU...

Indeed, a sovereign country is one that can control its own borders and protect its people by deporting hate preachers.

Something that as been taken away from us as members of the European Union.

And I'm glad that UKIP haven't tried to put a spin on the recent events to try and make themselves look good/better, and I must say that has gave them more respect from me... I've been under the impression that they might have done things like that before in the past?

You obviously had the wrong impression then.

Kardan
24-05-2013, 02:47 PM
Indeed, a sovereign country is one that can control its own borders and protect its people by deporting hate preachers.

Something that as been taken away from us as members of the European Union.

You obviously had the wrong impression then.

It wouldn't surprise me :P

peteyt
26-05-2013, 01:54 AM
Always sad news. Sadly though too many people, including people I know, are now deciding all Muslims are like this. I feel sorry for them, the extremists think their helping but actually they are making it far far worse

DPS
27-05-2013, 07:12 PM
A tenth person has been arrested in connection with the murder of soldier Lee Rigby in Woolwich... The 50-year-old man was arrested in Welling, south-east London, on suspicion of conspiracy to commit murder. So i check to see where Anjem Choudary is from and oh... hes also from Welling? Looks like Anjem Choudary has been arrested haha

Kardan
27-05-2013, 07:13 PM
A tenth person has been arrested in connection with the murder of soldier Lee Rigby in Woolwich... The 50-year-old man was arrested in Welling, south-east London, on suspicion of conspiracy to commit murder. So i check to see where Anjem Choudary is from and oh... hes also from Welling? Looks like Anjem Choudary has been arrested haha

He's not 50 though according to wikipedia?

DPS
27-05-2013, 07:16 PM
He's not 50 though according to wikipedia?

Wikipedia isnt always right.. and they aint even sure on hes age.

It probs is him.

Daltron
29-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Saw this on the news a bit ago, this is crazy :l

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!