PDA

View Full Version : Proudest Moment

AgnesIO
27-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Was basically thinking earlier whilst at work about my proudest moment in life, and came up with a few.

So was wondering what other users proudest moment has been in their lifetime?

Empired
27-05-2013, 06:13 PM
Err so I live in the same city as Stephen Hawking lives in (or if he doesn't live here, he spends an awful lot of time here...)

And I saw him whizzing along in town one day and his blanket was getting trapped in the wheel of his wheelchair so I ran after him and picked it up and gave it to him.

He was rude as hell, but I'm still proud.

Kardan
27-05-2013, 06:17 PM
Err so I live in the same city as Stephen Hawking lives in (or if he doesn't live here, he spends an awful lot of time here...)

And I saw him whizzing along in town one day and his blanket was getting trapped in the wheel of his wheelchair so I ran after him and picked it up and gave it to him.

He was rude as hell, but I'm still proud.

Wow, you met Stephen Hawking? I'm jealous.

Honestly? At the moment it's getting into University, although I suspect my wedding day and the birth of my children will beat that when I get round to it.

Shar
27-05-2013, 06:23 PM
I'm a downer most of the time tbh but my proudest moment so far was probably getting into uni

Phil
27-05-2013, 06:24 PM
Musical I was in just got six nominations for AIMS awards this year, pretty proud of that! Can't think of anymore right now

Chris
27-05-2013, 06:27 PM
Mine was passing my driving test aha.

AlexJRiley
27-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Surviving one more day without killing myself

buttons
27-05-2013, 07:06 PM
wordddd.
i can't think of a single greatest proudest moment and idc about that nor do i aim to achieve such a thing. what makes me the proudest isn't a grade on a paper but comes everytime i'm not ashamed of myself, such as when i stick up for myself or defend my beliefs even when everyone else disagree. yep that's when im proudest i guess, when i can speak up for myself instead of keeping it all in, allowing people to walk all over me or make me feel ashamed/wrong blahblah

what is yours @Marketing (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=36885); ?

AgnesIO
27-05-2013, 07:13 PM
wordddd.
i can't think of a single greatest proudest moment and idc about that nor do i aim to achieve such a thing. what makes me the proudest isn't a grade on a paper but comes everytime i'm not ashamed of myself, such as when i stick up for myself or defend my beliefs even when everyone else disagree. yep that's when im proudest especially when i can speak up instead of keeping it all in.

A single one would probably difficult, guess personally I have been proud of the past year really

Was proud of my AS results, after being hugely disengaged at GCSEs. I didn't believe in my academic abilities before the AS results, so I guess that was cool.

Then also I had never run competitively before late last year, and in my first race I finished in the top ten (out of about 200) - that was particularly awesome due to the reasons for the run (Russ Foundation!!) - it was a ten mile multi-terrain thing. I finished in 1 hour, 9 minutes and 24 seconds I think (from memory). I guess my work with Russ and Okaepe has both meant a lot to me.

As I say, I have a few - but I guess that particular run as been my proudest.

MKR&*42
27-05-2013, 07:21 PM
Omg I actually don't have one... I've just spent past 15 mins thinking and nothing.

AgnesIO
27-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Musical I was in just got six nominations for AIMS awards this year, pretty proud of that! Can't think of anymore right now

That is pretty cool - which musical did you do? :)

Mine was passing my driving test aha.

First time?

(Doesn't matter if not - I imagine if someone fails a few times it would make them even prouder they passed? My sister failed twice before passing I think).

errr, serious question are you suicidal, or do you mean as in just incredibly clumsy?

wordddd.
i can't think of a single greatest proudest moment and idc about that nor do i aim to achieve such a thing. what makes me the proudest isn't a grade on a paper but comes everytime i'm not ashamed of myself, such as when i stick up for myself or defend my beliefs even when everyone else disagree. yep that's when im proudest i guess, when i can speak up for myself instead of keeping it all in, allowing people to walk all over me or make me feel ashamed/wrong blahblah

That is actually an awesome asset - standing up for what you believe in is a massive thing.

Omg I actually don't have one... I've just spent past 15 mins thinking and nothing.

Everyone should be proud of something they have achieved :(

Kieran
27-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Probably flying my first commercial jet :D

AgnesIO
27-05-2013, 07:29 PM
Probably flying my first commercial jet :D

That is an awesome achievement aha :D

Chris
27-05-2013, 07:36 PM
That is pretty cool - which musical did you do? :)

First time?

(Doesn't matter if not - I imagine if someone fails a few times it would make them even prouder they passed? My sister failed twice before passing I think).

errr, serious question are you suicidal, or do you mean as in just incredibly clumsy?

That is actually an awesome asset - standing up for what you believe in is a massive thing.

Yeah I passed first time. What made it better was that I passed on Friday the 13th haha.

AgnesIO
27-05-2013, 07:38 PM
Yeah I passed first time. What made it better was that I passed on Friday the 13th haha.

What idiot would book their test on that day o.O haha

Phil
27-05-2013, 07:40 PM

There can't be nothing at all? Even just something small. Even getting a job or something. For instance, since my last post I've managed to pick up a babysitting job and I'm proud of myself for that.
Marketing; I did The Producers!

MKR&*42
27-05-2013, 07:41 PM

I really can't think of anything. I never excelled at GCSEs or anything else.

I suppose I've become more confident over the past year, I guess that's something.

---------- Post added 27-05-2013 at 08:47 PM ----------

There can't be nothing at all? Even just something small. Even getting a job or something. For instance, since my last post I've managed to pick up a babysitting job and I'm proud of myself for that.
@Marketing (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=36885); I did The Producers!

The confidence thing I posted below is really it. My previous job was only gained because of my mum (her boss) and I just don't excel at anything.

lemons
27-05-2013, 07:55 PM
getting an A* in my first GCSE geography exam jesus I was so shocked on results day, hope I can get another A* in my second exam in 2 weeks time!

Phil
27-05-2013, 07:56 PM
I really can't think of anything. I never excelled at GCSEs or anything else.

I suppose I've become more confident over the past year, I guess that's something.

---------- Post added 27-05-2013 at 08:47 PM ----------

The confidence thing I posted below is really it. My previous job was only gained because of my mum (her boss) and I just don't excel at anything.

Yeah but I'm kinda the same confidence wise, I'm not a confident person at all! I've just finished my tenth show and I'm STILL not confident on stage, I'm just used to how it feels if that makes sense? I don't think just because someone is lacking in confidence they shouldn't have something you're proud of.

Zelda
27-05-2013, 08:12 PM
I honestly feel in the same boat as Hayden here, don't really feel proud of anything in my life.

Not really proud of anything exam wise or anything like that, so have no clue what if anything I would say :(

AlexJRiley
27-05-2013, 08:16 PM
Marketing; I'm not exactly a happy person...

Kardan
27-05-2013, 08:20 PM
Getting an A* in my RE GCSE was the biggest shock for me, because I didn't remember any Muslim festivals in the exam, so I just chatted crap... So I was pretty proud at that despite it being the most pointless thing in the world...

Red
27-05-2013, 08:25 PM
Can't really think of anything bar academic related things. When I got my 3A at alevels, academic excellence scholarship in uni, and getting my 1.1 in my degree :)

Phil
27-05-2013, 08:26 PM
I honestly feel in the same boat as Hayden here, don't really feel proud of anything in my life.

Not really proud of anything exam wise or anything like that, so have no clue what if anything I would say :(

I'm very proud of your Zelda logic!!

AgnesIO
27-05-2013, 08:28 PM
Getting an A* in my RE GCSE was the biggest shock for me, because I didn't remember any Muslim festivals in the exam, so I just chatted crap... So I was pretty proud at that despite it being the most pointless thing in the world...

Aha, in my humanities gcse I wrote that Jesus died at Christmas accidently ;(

Can't really think of anything bar academic related things. When I got my 3A at alevels, academic excellence scholarship in uni, and getting my 1.1 in my degree :)

Literally one of the things I want most over the next five years is a 1.1 aha Top effort :)

Zelda
27-05-2013, 08:47 PM
I'm very proud of your Zelda logic!!

that's nothing for me to be proud of LMFAO :( more like another thing that's wasting my life away pointlessly

Rozi
27-05-2013, 08:47 PM
I have a few. I don't have high expectations when it comes to achievement so I like to celebrate the littler things.

I was proud of my GCSEs seeing as I never had over 70% attendance in secondary school. I got an A*, 7As and 4bs. I was especially proud of my DT A*, because I put in loads of work.

I'm always proud of my music exam results. Especially my grade 5 flute distinction.

Also, something slightly different. I'm really proud of how happy I've been this year. After suffering from various levels of depression through my teenage life, I'm so much happier than I thought was possible. I feel so healthy mentally.

AgnesIO
27-05-2013, 08:52 PM
I have a few. I don't have high expectations when it comes to achievement so I like to celebrate the littler things.

I was proud of my GCSEs seeing as I never had over 70% attendance in secondary school. I got an A*, 7As and 4bs. I was especially proud of my DT A*, because I put in loads of work.

I'm always proud of my music exam results. Especially my grade 5 flute distinction.

Also, something slightly different. I'm really proud of how happy I've been this year. After suffering from various levels of depression through my teenage life, I'm so much happier than I thought was possible. I feel so healthy mentally.

That is impressive for GCSEs! I "failed" miserably in GCSEs really (1A, 6Bs, 6Cs) - I had similarly shocking attendance, but I didn't fail because of that, failed because of not putting any effort into revising for exams.

Top effort in the music exams, I always manage to **** something up in my music exams and have a habit of ending up one mark of distinction (and therefore getting a merit).

Empired
27-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Wow, you met Stephen Hawking? I'm jealous.

Honestly? At the moment it's getting into University, although I suspect my wedding day and the birth of my children will beat that when I get round to it.
It wasn't as exciting as it may sound. He just told me to stop bothering him and wheeled off.. I could have saved his life :(

Kardan
27-05-2013, 08:58 PM
It wasn't as exciting as it may sound. He just told me to stop bothering him and wheeled off.. I could have saved his life :(

Who cares, Stephen Hawking spoke to you! :P

Aiden
27-05-2013, 09:00 PM
ermmm helping a old women in home bargains get something down lol
i was so hyped lol

Cerys
27-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Honestly, my life is pretty plain.
I'd say...

Went to PGL 2 years ago to do motorsports. Was in a group of like, 11 boys and 1 other girl. I got the quickest time out of everyone *including the boys ye* on the Quads, 2nd quickest on go-karts, and 5th on motorbiking \o/

You should have seen the looks on their faces to be beat by a girl ;)

Rozi
27-05-2013, 10:25 PM
That is impressive for GCSEs! I "failed" miserably in GCSEs really (1A, 6Bs, 6Cs) - I had similarly shocking attendance, but I didn't fail because of that, failed because of not putting any effort into revising for exams.

Top effort in the music exams, I always manage to **** something up in my music exams and have a habit of ending up one mark of distinction (and therefore getting a merit).

Yeah, I'm proud of the effort I put in. It was a bit of a '**** it' moment, and I decided to try for the last month of school. It definitely paid off! It helped that I went to a school where a lot of people were very driven, so it rubbed off on me eventually.

Oh god, same! The last exam I did was right after my A2s so I perfected my pieces early, which were all fine, However, my aural and scales were so god awful, I think I almost failed :(

FlyingJesus
27-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Getting help

Jurv
27-05-2013, 10:48 PM
sounds a bit cheese ridden but just finding out what i wanna do with my life makes me proud sorta, i don't rly have one exact moment of proudestness

Daltron
27-05-2013, 11:02 PM
I can think of 2 things.
1. The day I got my ATAR of (which is like an overall state rank which determines what university you can go to and what courses you can choose from)
2. The day I got accepted into Law School at uni
:)

wixard
27-05-2013, 11:08 PM
wow i'm so embarrassed, mines the exact same as when i posted in one of these threads like 3 years ago
i'm 21 and this is my proudest moment that i can think of off of the top of my head...

i was at summer camp and there was this huge end of camp baseball game and it was my turn to bat and i needed a homerun to win the game and this guy on my team was like i'll go instead of tara cos i can get the homerun and everyone was like YEAH and i was like no! i want to do it i can do it and everyone was like ughh she's gonna lose the game for us

GUESS WHO GOT A MOTHER ******* HOMERUN?

AgnesIO
27-05-2013, 11:16 PM
wow i'm so embarrassed, mines the exact same as when i posted in one of these threads like 3 years ago
i'm 21 and this is my proudest moment that i can think of off of the top of my head...

i was at summer camp and there was this huge end of camp baseball game and it was my turn to bat and i needed a homerun to win the game and this guy on my team was like i'll go instead of tara cos i can get the homerun and everyone was like YEAH and i was like no! i want to do it i can do it and everyone was like ughh she's gonna lose the game for us

Definitely my favourite post in the thread so far haha

Top effort though - winning in a sports game is definitely one of the most satisfying feelings for me.

FlyingJesus
28-05-2013, 12:23 AM

Was it the other guy who went up regardless of your protesting :P

wixard
28-05-2013, 12:24 AM
Was it the other guy who went up regardless of your protesting :P

NO! i did it and i just ran and ran and ran and i made it and everyone on my team lifted me up and was like
TARA TARA TARA TARA

best day EVER

FlyingJesus
28-05-2013, 12:40 AM
This wasn't Jerry Maguire was it

RyRy
28-05-2013, 01:02 AM
Proudest moment? Dating a girl whose allowed into bars without a parent or guardian.

You think I'm joking.

JACKTARD
28-05-2013, 01:06 AM
Passing my driving test/A Level results day and getting into uni

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!