PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo 3DS Purchases / Pokemon Black (2) question...

Kardan
03-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Right, I'm going to buy myself a Nintendo 3DS for all the long car journeys for when I go on holiday later this year, so I need some (3)DS games basically. What shall I pick?

Also, I want to pick up Pokemon Black since I've not played that, so is it worth me buying Pokemon Black and Pokemon Black 2, or is it only worth buying the newer Pokemon Black 2?

Empired
03-06-2013, 04:20 PM
POKEMON BLACK IS AWFUL, plus do you have a DS/DS lite/DSi because otherwise you won't be able to play it. But in all honesty, the game is awful and not worth buying at all.

Pokemon Black 2 certainly isn't the "good old" Pokemon but it's much better than Black (1). I can't really suggest any other games as I have particularly girly games :$

Kardan
03-06-2013, 04:23 PM
POKEMON BLACK IS AWFUL, plus do you have a DS/DS lite/DSi because otherwise you won't be able to play it. But in all honesty, the game is awful and not worth buying at all.

Pokemon Black 2 certainly isn't the "good old" Pokemon but it's much better than Black (1). I can't really suggest any other games as I have particularly girly games :$

I'm pretty sure that the 3DS plays all DS games?

Empired
03-06-2013, 04:29 PM
I'm pretty sure that the 3DS plays all DS games?
Genuinely did not know this omgggg

Then buy Pokemon Black 2 and just loads of good ds games because they are miles cheaper

Kardan
03-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Genuinely did not know this omgggg

Then buy Pokemon Black 2 and just loads of good ds games because they are miles cheaper

Then what DS games shall I buy that were released within the last 2 years or so? :P

Empired
03-06-2013, 04:35 PM
Then what DS games shall I buy that were released within the last 2 years or so? :P
I haven't bought any new games since Pokemon Black :'( Just search amazon for Nintendo DS games and read the reviews perhaps?

I've only played Pokemon Black 2 on a friend's 3DS.

Plebings
03-06-2013, 04:36 PM
surprised you don't like black/white, huge improvement over diamond/pearl.

are you into text based adventures? if so i'd very much recommend virtue's last reward and the phoenix wright series. really enjoying luigi's mansion on 3ds at the moment and super mario 3d land is a given.

what games are you normally into? would help narrow down a list!

Kardan
03-06-2013, 04:46 PM
surprised you don't like black/white, huge improvement over diamond/pearl.

are you into text based adventures? if so i'd very much recommend virtue's last reward and the phoenix wright series. really enjoying luigi's mansion on 3ds at the moment and super mario 3d land is a given.

what games are you normally into? would help narrow down a list!

Well the 5 on my list at the moment are:

Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land
Pokemon Black 2
Pokemon Conquest
Fire Emblem: Awakening

So platformers/RPGs generally...

Plebings
03-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Well the 5 on my list at the moment are:

Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land
Pokemon Black 2
Pokemon Conquest
Fire Emblem: Awakening

So platformers/RPGs generally...

don't get pokemon conquest, try to locate a copy of final fantasy advance 2 if you can. conquest is just a watered down version of it, and has almost nothing to do with pokemon, if they replaced the pokemon with soldiers i don't think anyone would notice. i'd also recommend the world ends with you if you're into rpgs, the battle system is quite hard to get into, but it's one of my all time favourite games. quite a nice list though, planning to get fire emblem soon!

if you do get fire emblem, you might be interested in the so many games! offer at the moment, if you register 3 of the following:

new castlevania
luigis mansion
donkey kong country returns
animal crossing
fire emblem
lego city
pokemon mystery dungeon
monster hunter 3

you'd also get a free game off the list!

Kardan
03-06-2013, 04:54 PM
don't get pokemon conquest, try to locate a copy of final fantasy advance 2 if you can. conquest is just a watered down version of it, and has almost nothing to do with pokemon, if they replaced the pokemon with soldiers i don't think anyone would notice. i'd also recommend the world ends with you if you're into rpgs, the battle system is quite hard to get into, but it's one of my all time favourite games. quite a nice list though, planning to get fire emblem soon!

if you do get fire emblem, you might be interested in the so many games! offer at the moment, if you register 3 of the following:

new castlevania
luigis mansion
donkey kong country returns
animal crossing
fire emblem
lego city
pokemon mystery dungeon
monster hunter 3

you'd also get a free game off the list!

Thanks for the advice :) Where is this offer?

Plebings
03-06-2013, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the advice :) Where is this offer?

if you register online you'll get a free digital copy.

Kardan
03-06-2013, 05:02 PM
if you register online you'll get a free digital copy.

Ok, thanks for all the help :) +Rep :)

Zelda
03-06-2013, 05:18 PM
pokemon black/white was ok but honestly thought soulsilver/heartgold was the best ds one really and was the longest too which was good. I never actually got bw2 myself but it's quite a bit better than bw from what people have told me, though I would still put hgss at the very top

Luigi's mansion 2 might possibly be a good choice too still haven't actually bought it yet though as I told myself at my birthday that I would wait till after exams till I got new exams but assuming nintendo haven't done their normal series ruining tricks it should be good considering the first one for gamecube was absolutely amazing.

super mario land 3d is defo worth getting that's for sure was a really good platformer for 3ds imo, maybe a bit small though

pity 3ds's can't use gameboy games in all honesty cause that removes a lot of good games so i always have to use my a bit dodgy old ds to play them really.

Since you enjoy rpg's I would really recommend Mario & luigi partners in time, was actually fabulous even though it probably doesn't sound like it would be lmfao.

phantom hourglass wasn't too bad either so that might be a good one to consider, though obviously compared to other zelda's it's not going to be that great.

Definitely also get mario kart 7 as you are planning to though as always the best part of it is the wi-fi games so you will be losing out on that when you are in the car journeys but you can still do wireless multiplayer with someone else if there is anyone so that aint too bad. Can still spend ages trying to get 3 star on all grand prix's etc though.

super mario 64ds would be another fabulous one for the old ds games to play on the 3ds and I would definitely suggest that considering how long and classic it is, pretty amazing platformer after all.

can't honestly think of much more else on the top of my head that is really good but depending on when you are planning on doing this the new a link to the past prequel might be out by then or soon and that would obviously be fabulous to get when it does.

Plebings
03-06-2013, 05:57 PM
pokemon black/white was ok but honestly thought soulsilver/heartgold was the best ds one really and was the longest too which was good. I never actually got bw2 myself but it's quite a bit better than bw from what people have told me, though I would still put hgss at the very top

Luigi's mansion 2 might possibly be a good choice too still haven't actually bought it yet though as I told myself at my birthday that I would wait till after exams till I got new exams but assuming nintendo haven't done their normal series ruining tricks it should be good considering the first one for gamecube was absolutely amazing.

super mario land 3d is defo worth getting that's for sure was a really good platformer for 3ds imo, maybe a bit small though

pity 3ds's can't use gameboy games in all honesty cause that removes a lot of good games so i always have to use my a bit dodgy old ds to play them really.

Since you enjoy rpg's I would really recommend Mario & luigi partners in time, was actually fabulous even though it probably doesn't sound like it would be lmfao.

phantom hourglass wasn't too bad either so that might be a good one to consider, though obviously compared to other zelda's it's not going to be that great.

Definitely also get mario kart 7 as you are planning to though as always the best part of it is the wi-fi games so you will be losing out on that when you are in the car journeys but you can still do wireless multiplayer with someone else if there is anyone so that aint too bad. Can still spend ages trying to get 3 star on all grand prix's etc though.

super mario 64ds would be another fabulous one for the old ds games to play on the 3ds and I would definitely suggest that considering how long and classic it is, pretty amazing platformer after all.

can't honestly think of much more else on the top of my head that is really good but depending on when you are planning on doing this the new a link to the past prequel might be out by then or soon and that would obviously be fabulous to get when it does.

luigis mansion for 3ds is much better than the one on gamecube! enjoying it much more than i did with super mario 3d land. anyway these suggestions are good, i'd go for soulsilver/heartgold if you fancy some nostalgia and the mario & luigi series is a great choice for rpgs on ds, i'd personally go with bowser's inside story.

Zelda
03-06-2013, 06:03 PM
luigis mansion for 3ds is much better than the one on gamecube! enjoying it much more than i did with super mario 3d land. anyway these suggestions are good, i'd go for soulsilver/heartgold if you fancy some nostalgia and the mario & luigi series is a great choice for rpgs on ds, i'd personally go with bowser's inside story.

mm yea bowser's inside story was definitely good but i felt it had maybe got a little childish at that point I dno. partners in time is a lot longer though which is why i suggested it but fawful does make bowser's inside story pretty good. Pity you can't play gameboy games on the 3ds cause superstar saga was definitely a perfect game.

Yea definitely gonna get luigi's mansion 2 though if that's the case hopefully be as good as the gamecube one as you say

Rachel
03-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Zelda - Orchania of time (whatever you spell that)
Pokemon white
Virtual pets (dogs,cats)
Harry potter

AlexJRiley
03-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Kardan; Argos sell the 3ds (xl I think) with pokemon black 2 or white 2 for like £160 I think

Zelda
03-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Omg yes that is a very good point I forgot ocarina of time 3d LMFAO. definitely get that ngl, even though I think it's best as the gamecube version cause of bigger screen would be great for you to get too.

Southe,
03-06-2013, 10:20 PM
Phoenix Wright is a must for anyone with a DS.

Pokemon Black was alright its worth a play, same with conquest. Nothing to do with pokemon but i still enjoyed it.
Zelda OoT 3D is a good game to play aswell and Animal Crossing 3D comes out in 2 weeks which should be good.
The world ends with you is meant to be good aswell but i've never played it. Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy III are decent aswell.

Plebings
03-06-2013, 10:45 PM
Phoenix Wright is a must for anyone with a DS.

Pokemon Black was alright its worth a play, same with conquest. Nothing to do with pokemon but i still enjoyed it.
Zelda OoT 3D is a good game to play aswell and Animal Crossing 3D comes out in 2 weeks which should be good.
The world ends with you is meant to be good aswell but i've never played it. Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy III are decent aswell.

have you tried virtue's last reward? i think if you're a fan of the phoenix wright games you might enjoy it.

Samantha
03-06-2013, 10:53 PM
I have Pokémon White and Pokémon Black 2, I find the black one much more fun than the previous as I had Max to play against and such and I find out more about it, also, I haven't finished white, but on the 2nd black one after defeating Team Plasma and the 8 Gym Leaders (I think you might have to defeat the Elite 4 too) you go back to basically older generations of Pokémon and it brings back those like Caterpie, Rattata, Vulpix etc. which I found a nice addition.

Also I would suggest:

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games.
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games.
Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (this is for 3DS, but I really don't find it as good as the original.
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D (it's different).
Sims 3 (on DS or 3DS, I prefer it on PS2 or PC though).
Mario Miniland Mayhem (I love this game, I suggest this)
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask - I bought this for my boyfriend for Valentine's Day and he enjoys it, when I got it, I think it cost £25 although GAME have a sale on it, or had one on it on Saturday where it was only £14.99 so not bad at all for a 3DS game.
Mario 3D Land
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Rayman.
50 Classic Games.
Etc.

GommeInc
04-06-2013, 01:44 AM
Animal Crossing: New Leaf looks good. I've got it ordered and the Animal Crossing franchise is pretty reliable and time consuming.

Southe,
04-06-2013, 10:45 AM
have you tried virtue's last reward? i think if you're a fan of the phoenix wright games you might enjoy it.

On my to do list.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!