PDA

View Full Version : Original Events (promotions) set to return

Chrisbud1
04-06-2013, 07:00 PM
I have been talking to Powertoo about returning the original events with categories, etc, for weeks. Finally, today she has spoken to the team about it and said it's up to them know. It might take a long while (you know Sulake), but atleast it's coming!!

http://i41.tinypic.com/fc4taa.png

http://i42.tinypic.com/2iizy1j.png

God
04-06-2013, 07:04 PM
YOU HEARD THE KIND LADY!! GET BUGGIN HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"anyway, keep bugging me and i'll bug them:)"

I really do it comes back soon :D

lemons
04-06-2013, 07:10 PM
she always speaks to me on pm very kind

karter
04-06-2013, 07:26 PM
ugh. bugs her about forums and guestbooks

Aaron
04-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Great news, would love to see this back. Loved the old events, much better than the current ones.

Finally credit shops can be done properly. :)

Shorty
04-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Somebody bug her about the room layout editor, they won't implement it for users unless there's a demand for it.

Red
04-06-2013, 10:28 PM
sounds good. The new system does not work atm!

Zelda
04-06-2013, 11:11 PM
Sort of a pity you will still needa pay the 15 duckets for them tbh :( still got a while to go till x badges from cats anyway so unlikely ill be spending them on events lmfao.

Will be amazing to have back though!

Daltron
04-06-2013, 11:48 PM
Will be nice to have them back! They are very good for trade shops etc

Mr-Trainor
05-06-2013, 12:11 AM
Another example of how being friends with staff means you get priority. Some great ideas on UserVoice with hundreds of votes, yet some have been waiting months for any reply :(.

I personally don't see the need for categorised events now anyway, there's hardly any events whenever I check and it doesn't take long to find what you need by just scrolling through. What kind of categories do you want :S?

Chrisbud1
05-06-2013, 12:40 AM
Another example of how being friends with staff means you get priority. Some great ideas on UserVoice with hundreds of votes, yet some have been waiting months for any reply :(.

I personally don't see the need for categorised events now anyway, there's hardly any events whenever I check and it doesn't take long to find what you need by just scrolling through. What kind of categories do you want :S?
ok you cant say that having no categories makes no difference. having the games and trading category makes it 100x easier to look through. you're probably saying that it's easy to scroll through because you have gotten use to this since it got removed :(.And yes, I do agree that many users that are friends with staff get priority, but there's not really anything else they can do. Uservoice would be great, but half those ideas their not even going to do because they cannot (or their just lazy and keep giving out excuses, as usual).

Mr-Trainor
05-06-2013, 12:45 AM
ok you cant say that having no categories makes no difference. having the games and trading category makes it 100x easier to look through. you're probably saying that it's easy to scroll through because you have gotten use to this since it got removed :(.And yes, I do agree that many users that are friends with staff get priority, but there's not really anything else they can do. Uservoice would be great, but half those ideas their not even going to do because they cannot (or their just lazy and keep giving out excuses, as usual).
When I'm active on Habbo I go to Newest Promotions and make my way down the list, going in to the rare shops that I see on there. Then before I know it, I'm at the bottom of the list :P. I really don't think there's that many events/promotions on at one time that they need to be sorted in to categories, but that's just my opinion :).

Chrisbud1
05-06-2013, 01:04 AM
When I'm active on Habbo I go to Newest Promotions and make my way down the list, going in to the rare shops that I see on there. Then before I know it, I'm at the bottom of the list :P. I really don't think there's that many events/promotions on at one time that they need to be sorted in to categories, but that's just my opinion :).
Nobody barely puts up events anymore because nobody comes to their room as the events are so disorganized. Even if you search 'shop' in the navigator a whole bunch of other rooms show up that aren't even a shop. But it's just an opinion like you said.. although everyone wanted it back :)

---------- Post added 04-06-2013 at 09:06 PM ----------

Oh yeah, and half those events have nobody in the room.. it bothers me so much lol.

Mr-Trainor
05-06-2013, 10:36 AM
Nobody barely puts up events anymore because nobody comes to their room as the events are so disorganized. Even if you search 'shop' in the navigator a whole bunch of other rooms show up that aren't even a shop. But it's just an opinion like you said.. although everyone wanted it back :)

---------- Post added 04-06-2013 at 09:06 PM ----------

Oh yeah, and half those events have nobody in the room.. it bothers me so much lol.
That's because those people have put 'shop' as a tag in their room :P. But yeah empty rooms is annoying, but I still look in them because I can just add the owner if I want anything :P.

Spiffy
05-06-2013, 11:56 AM
Good to know bringing back the public rooms is on the absolute bottom of their list :@

Yawn
05-06-2013, 12:47 PM
pisses me off that they ever got rid of them and then its taken this long to finally start doing something about their mistake :frust:

rather than change the promotions to duckets they shouldve just brought it back in its original format. such a mess. the thing is the damage is already done at this stage. its also gonna take an absolute age to acutally bring it back no doubt. they take things away so fast and then it takes years to bring it back

Plebings
05-06-2013, 01:26 PM
couldn't care less about event categories.. now an update on actual room categories would be welcomed. trading needs to be a on/off feature, the trading section is always full of rooms, mostly a mix-match of all different types of rooms.

most of the time i'm looking for fun games, but the only games i ever see in the games section are awful wired mazes and boosts, why? because all the hosted games are forced to be categorised into the trading section only to allow people to give prizes. the trading section usually cuts off the bottom rooms when they have 8 people as well, how are people meant to bring people to their rooms when people can't even find them?

MKR&*42
05-06-2013, 01:30 PM
trading needs to be a on/off feature

Definitely, most of the time I want to find a game and there's only like 8 in the [GAMES] section. Gets very irritating and I fail to see why they haven't added this yet.

Tyrell
05-06-2013, 01:51 PM
Definitely, most of the time I want to find a game and there's only like 8 in the [GAMES] section. Gets very irritating and I fail to see why they haven't added this yet.

It does seem more obvious that more side-games and coloured speech boxes.

andoo89
05-06-2013, 09:44 PM
always liked the old events...

i miss the old free kick giveaway events :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!