PDA

View Full Version : Skydiving +Rep!

Phil
04-06-2013, 10:31 PM
Has anyone ever done a skydive? I have my very first one on Friday and I'm super excited!

If you have, how long were you in the centre altogether? I have to be there for 12pm and need to have the jump done by 2pm (because I need to text my girlfriend to tell her I'm alive so she doesn't fail her exam). Will I be done in time?

+Rep for helpful answers!

Shockwave.2CC
04-06-2013, 11:01 PM
I done sort of a skydive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia0AKMVVF6c
Yes that is me in the video :)

I'd love to try it for real, but I think i'll stick with this one for the time being

Mark
04-06-2013, 11:01 PM
Has anyone ever done a skydive? I have my very first one on Friday and I'm super excited!

If you have, how long were you in the centre altogether? I have to be there for 12pm and need to have the jump done by 2pm (because I need to text my girlfriend to tell her I'm alive so she doesn't fail her exam). Will I be done in time?

+Rep for helpful answers!

Good luck, how much did it cost you to do this? Something I've always wanted to experience.
I would imagine you would be done as the majority of the safety side is done by the instructor strapped to your back i guess?

Kardan
04-06-2013, 11:04 PM
I can't say I've ever done it, but I had a group of friends who gave it a go. I'm pretty sure there's a bit of training involved, but I guess that depends on the scenario of it really. Are you just doing a skydive for a one off? If so, probably not as much training. My group of friends are essentially part of a club and they were being built up so they could go by themselves, rather than strapped to an instructor. And I'm pretty sure they did a solo skydive after only a few dives with an instructor.

Anyways, the only way to know for sure is to ring up the place you're doing it with :)

Phil
04-06-2013, 11:13 PM
Good luck, how much did it cost you to do this? Something I've always wanted to experience.
I would imagine you would be done as the majority of the safety side is done by the instructor strapped to your back i guess?

I'm doing it for chairty. Had to raise a minimum of €600 and the skydive people take €250 of it and the rest goes to the charity of your choice! Yeah that's true but there's still stuff like "How to land properly"

I can't say I've ever done it, but I had a group of friends who gave it a go. I'm pretty sure there's a bit of training involved, but I guess that depends on the scenario of it really. Are you just doing a skydive for a one off? If so, probably not as much training. My group of friends are essentially part of a club and they were being built up so they could go by themselves, rather than strapped to an instructor. And I'm pretty sure they did a solo skydive after only a few dives with an instructor.

Anyways, the only way to know for sure is to ring up the place you're doing it with :)

Yeah it's just a once off but tbh, I think if it's amazing I'll end up getting addicted and want to do more and more lol! I'd be so afraid to do it without an instructor!!

Aaron
04-06-2013, 11:39 PM
Fair play for doing it, a few friends of mine did it in Co. Clare today really proud of them doing it.

Best of luck with it Friday, I'd say the charity will really appreciate the contribution. :)

Phil
05-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Got an email from them today saying that they still haven't received my booking fee. AWKWARD MOMENT WHEN I'VE ALREADY SENT IT!! :'(

If it doesn't go through by tomorrow at 5pm I can't do it until like August :@

Richie
05-06-2013, 09:19 PM
I done sort of a skydive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia0AKMVVF6c
Yes that is me in the video :)

I'd love to try it for real, but I think i'll stick with this one for the time being

I'm sorry but I'm in ******* stitches hahaah just dangling in the air clueless so funny

OMG PMSL 2MINS YOUR HAIR JUST STARTS BLOWING ALL OVER THE PLACE AND YOU STILL LOOK LOST CAN'T BREATHE

Cerys
06-06-2013, 02:24 PM
LMAO AT THAT VID
ohmy xD

only thing like skydiving i have done is; http://www.oakwoodthemepark.co.uk/rides/vertigo/ when i was like, 10 or something idek

Aw Phil I'm so jealous ;; you're gonna have an amazzing time! A good friend of mine goes skydiving on like, a weekly basis. *i think he's an instructor?* and he loves it ;3

have a good time xo

Phil
06-06-2013, 05:32 PM
I'm so mad!!! I just got an email with all my information and they have me down as not getting any video/picture done :@

I asked for that like 3 weeks ago!!

Chippiewill
06-06-2013, 05:40 PM
If you can't trust them with your information how can you trust them with your life?

Phil
06-06-2013, 05:40 PM
If you can't trust them with your information how can you trust them with your life?

Hoping that one douche won't be on my back! :P

Cerys
06-06-2013, 05:47 PM
I'm so mad!!! I just got an email with all my information and they have me down as not getting any video/picture done :@

I asked for that like 3 weeks ago!!

Can't you organise for one to be done? I'm sure it won't be that much of an extra ask/hassle

Surely it's not too late

Phil
06-06-2013, 06:03 PM
Can't you organise for one to be done? I'm sure it won't be that much of an extra ask/hassle

Surely it's not too late

Hopefully not, I'll ring them at like 10am

peteyt
06-06-2013, 09:23 PM
I want to do one even though my uncle did general parachuting and had an accident. One day I hope

Phil
07-06-2013, 06:43 PM
Guys, that was literally the best thing I have ever and could ever do in my life! An absolutely AMAZING experience! I recommend it to everyone!

Cerys
08-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Guys, that was literally the best thing I have ever and could ever do in my life! An absolutely AMAZING experience! I recommend it to everyone!

Did you manage to get any pictures/videos taken? C:

Glad you had a great time ;3 I'd be dying as they like, held me over the exit of the plane. I'd be like nononono xD

Matthew
08-06-2013, 12:52 PM
woo glad it went well phil (or we'd have to open mod apps again (A))

I'd love to do a skydive :D

Phil
08-06-2013, 01:45 PM
Did you manage to get any pictures/videos taken? C:

Glad you had a great time ;3 I'd be dying as they like, held me over the exit of the plane. I'd be like nononono xD

Yeah I got them done! They have a lot to edit as the weather has been so fantastic! To my surprise, I wasn't scared at all! It was just so exhilarating!

woo glad it went well phil (or we'd have to open mod apps again (A))

I'd love to do a skydive :D

DO IT!!! I would recommend it to everyone!

Cerys
08-06-2013, 01:54 PM
Yeah I got them done! They have a lot to edit as the weather has been so fantastic! To my surprise, I wasn't scared at all! It was just so exhilarating!

DO IT!!! I would recommend it to everyone!

Aw that's great ;D Put them on fb ye so I can perv at them. xD

Phil
08-06-2013, 01:57 PM
Aw that's great ;D Put them on fb ye so I can perv at them. xD

Are we friends on Facebook?! Oh! :P Well yeah it'll be on Facebook but I'll also post it in this thread. If this thread is dead by then, I'll put it in my signature or in Spam or somet.

Cerys
08-06-2013, 02:01 PM
Are we friends on Facebook?! Oh! :P Well yeah it'll be on Facebook but I'll also post it in this thread. If this thread is dead by then, I'll put it in my signature or in Spam or somet.

Perhaps (;

I'm glad you got the photos taken - something to remember it by. It'd suck if you didn't get anything D;

Phil
08-06-2013, 02:12 PM
Perhaps (;

I'm glad you got the photos taken - something to remember it by. It'd suck if you didn't get anything D;

I'm REALLY glad I got the photo's, I would have been unbelievably disappointed!

myles
08-06-2013, 03:26 PM
Yes! It was truly amazing but when I landed I sprained my ankle because I did the land wrong

Phil
08-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Yes! It was truly amazing but when I landed I sprained my ankle because I did the land wrong

I was properly didn't think I was going to land correctly. He told me what to do when we were coming down on the parachute and it took some time for me to get it. I couldn't get my legs up lol!

myles
08-06-2013, 03:45 PM
I was properly didn't think I was going to land correctly. He told me what to do when we were coming down on the parachute and it took some time for me to get it. I couldn't get my legs up lol!its hard lol x

Phil
21-06-2013, 10:05 PM
So I've just got notification that the video was put online, I'm getting my photos delivered to me via post so I'll post some of those once they arrive. I think @hippo; wanted to see this so enjoy!

Please excuse my awkwardness with the guy asking me questions, he though I was on American Idle or something! So, here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzJzmUdWArA

FAQ:

Q: Are you Asian?

A: No, my goggles weren't secure enough and started to come up.

ENJOY XOX

-:Undertaker:-
22-06-2013, 02:08 PM
I have thought that maybe one day I would do it but the fear factor of it not opening for me on landing are enough to keep me away.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!