PDA

View Full Version : justin bieber to become astronaut

Jurv
06-06-2013, 03:39 PM
JUSTIN Bieber's next project will be out of this world - after he signed up to become an ASTRONAUT.

The pop superstar is the latest celebrity to join Richard Branson's Virgin Galactic space mission along with Leonardo DiCaprio and Ashton Kutcher. Bieber along with his manager Scooter Braun have coughed up $250,000 to join the project. Organiser Branson, tweeted: "Great to hear @justinbieber & @scooterbraun are latest @virgingalactic future astronauts. Congrats, see you up there!"

Other celebs rumoured to be keen on donning their spacesuits include Brad and Angelina Jolie and Beyonce and Jay Z - who want to record the first music video in space.

The swish Virgin spaceship went through its first supersonic, flight in April.
The successful test of the rocket-powered aircraft which took place in California, broke the speed of sound.
The programme wants to start taking passengers next year.
Aircrafts will go to the edge of space - and experience weightlessness for several minutes.
A statement on Virgin Galactic's website says: "Virgin Galactic aims to make sub-orbital space accessible to anyone with a dream to view the Earth and experience microgravity."
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4957895/justin-bieber-to-become-an-astronaut.html

opinions? imagine how amazing it would to have the opportunity to go into space. i am well jel of the biebmeister!

sex
06-06-2013, 03:41 PM
he will be king of space to now
so proud xx hope nothing happens to him

zombies
06-06-2013, 03:44 PM
i really hope the rocket doesn't burn!!!!

-:Undertaker:-
06-06-2013, 03:49 PM
Glad to see the private sector leading the way into space, long may it continue and with success - it'll bring the same to the masses.

Kardan
06-06-2013, 03:50 PM
Technically he wouldn't be an astronaut, as an astronaut is someone who is trained to command, pilot or serve as a crew member aboard a spacecraft, not simply a person that travels into space.

Wouldn't surprise me that many celebs are doing this though, but I wouldn't do it if I had the money.

Yawn
06-06-2013, 03:51 PM
i want justin to take me to the stars :Heart::Heart::Heart::Heart::Heart:

Cerys
06-06-2013, 04:03 PM
AWW I AM SO HAPPY FOR THE CREW HE WILL BE SPENDING HIS TIME WITH.

I'm sure they won't be suicidal by the time they reach earth xo

Yawn
06-06-2013, 04:05 PM
AWW I AM SO HAPPY FOR THE CREW HE WILL BE SPENDING HIS TIME WITH.

I'm sure they won't be suicidal by the time they reach earth xodoubt it have u seen how gd looking he is cerys

Cerys
06-06-2013, 04:07 PM
doubt it have u seen how gd looking he is cerys

He is as good looking as you, subo. They definitely won't be able to keep their hands off of him.

sex
06-06-2013, 04:10 PM
doubt it have u seen how gd looking he is cerys

do you think you would be charged if you..i dunno, tied him down and did stuff since its in space?????

i wonder will this really happen tho - o/t

Yawn
06-06-2013, 04:15 PM
do you think you would be charged if you..i dunno, tied him down and did stuff since its in space?????

1) im not a lesbian cerys stop coming onto me

2) dont think there r any laws against rape in space but theres only 1 way to find out

Cerys
06-06-2013, 04:17 PM
1) im not a lesbian cerys stop coming onto me

2) dont think there r any laws against rape in space but theres only 1 way to find out

aw noo im so saddened by number 1. ;________;

+ i think, even if i had enough money, just knowing he was going on the trip would put me off going on it too. ;/

GommeInc
06-06-2013, 05:13 PM

It would be against the law. National laws can transcend (or specifically, ascend) into space. It's much the same way as killing or raping someone when abroad. The nations involved on the ISS or the company involved with taking Bieber to space will have to abide by the laws of the country(s) they operate in.

So if you have an idea of taking an enemy into space to dispose of them, you might as well be doing it in your front garden because location makes very little difference :P

As for the topic. Meh, it's no major feat. these days. Good on him if he's interested in this sort of thing.

Yawn
06-06-2013, 05:19 PM
well thx for clearing that up gommeinc v interesting indeed!

FlyingJesus
06-06-2013, 05:24 PM
He's gonna bring me the moon and stars xo

wixard
06-06-2013, 07:27 PM
i thought this was another fake article when I saw it

Ardemax
06-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Hardly becoming an astronaut. Let's hope this isn't another Challenger...

peteyt
06-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Technically he wouldn't be an astronaut, as an astronaut is someone who is trained to command, pilot or serve as a crew member aboard a spacecraft, not simply a person that travels into space.

Wouldn't surprise me that many celebs are doing this though, but I wouldn't do it if I had the money.

I read apparently the dentition of Astronaut was someone who'd went so far into space so all people will be officially classed as one. Wonder if this will annoy people who do it for a job.

I myself would love to see it if I could afford it in the future. Would probably be better waiting knowing its safe.

Kardan
06-06-2013, 11:35 PM
I read apparently the dentition of Astronaut was someone who'd went so far into space so all people will be officially classed as one. Wonder if this will annoy people who do it for a job.

I myself would love to see it if I could afford it in the future. Would probably be better waiting knowing its safe.

The technical definition is someone that has been trained for it, but in recent years with space tourism it's pretty much changed to be anyone that goes into space. If I were a proper astronaut, I would be annoyed at headlines like this, so I can imagine others are.

FlyingJesus
06-06-2013, 11:44 PM
naut is from the Greek word for navigator or sailor, and is applied to things like astronaut, aeronaut, Nautilus, aquanaut etc so yeah it generally ought to be used for people who actually know how to pilot the craft but oh well

noddy
07-06-2013, 02:12 PM
The first music video in space has already been done!

Chucky
07-06-2013, 02:43 PM
I hope they leave him up there.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!