PDA

View Full Version : [URGENT] Changing iPhone

Mark
10-06-2013, 04:46 PM
My iPhone 5 lock button stopped working so I've phoned EE and they're sending a replacement for tomorrow. I was wondering, should I back my phone up through iOS or on my laptop? Also, when I restore the backup on my replacement iPhone will everything be as it was? Is there anything I should do to make sure everything goes smoothly or anything I should avoid doing?
+Rep for all helpful answers!

e5
10-06-2013, 04:50 PM
My brothers gf had this exact problem lol, think her new one is doing the same too...

Just back it up to your computer (or if it's on icloud, you should be okay but do it to your computer aswell just incase) and then just restore it when your new one comes. Everything will be exactly as you left it.

Mark
10-06-2013, 04:55 PM
My brothers gf had this exact problem lol, think her new one is doing the same too...

Just back it up to your computer (or if it's on icloud, you should be okay but do it to your computer aswell just incase) and then just restore it when your new one comes. Everything will be exactly as you left it.

That's great! I'm always apprehensive when doing these thing. The problem seems to be quite common with my friend's iPhone just developing this problem.

e5
10-06-2013, 05:00 PM
No problem :) I swear they purposely put these faults in!!
That's great! I'm always apprehensive when doing these thing. The problem seems to be quite common with my friend's iPhone just developing this problem.

Shar
10-06-2013, 05:35 PM
I'd back everything up on your computer and icloud, you can't go wrong having it in more than one place :).
EE is actually great in replacing faulty phones from my experience. Mine was completely battered but they still gave me a new one. Hope your new one is fault free!

CrazyLemurs
10-06-2013, 05:57 PM
If you use iCloud to back up your data, everything except photos and videos should transfer automatically, I think.
Although doing that isn't actually that hard:
Open iPhone's files once you connect it to a computer
Open the folder/s inside and check if those are the pictures/videos you had on it before
Copy them into a folder on your desktop
Plug the next iPhone into the computer and drag the files in the folder into the storage for the new iPhone

Mark
10-06-2013, 08:56 PM
If you use iCloud to back up your data, everything except photos and videos should transfer automatically, I think.
Although doing that isn't actually that hard:
Open iPhone's files once you connect it to a computer
Open the folder/s inside and check if those are the pictures/videos you had on it before
Copy them into a folder on your desktop
Plug the next iPhone into the computer and drag the files in the folder into the storage for the new iPhone

Yeah I did iCloud and comp backup. I also transferred all my photos. Thanks everyone!

Kieran
10-06-2013, 09:03 PM
Yeah I did iCloud and comp backup. I also transferred all my photos. Thanks everyone!

iCloud always backs up my photos and videos...

Aaron
10-06-2013, 09:09 PM
iCloud always backs up my photos and videos...

Mine never does that.. :(

Daltron
10-06-2013, 09:50 PM
ICloud never works for me, I'd play it safe with a computer backup!

xxMATTGxx
10-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Mine never does that.. :(

Have you told it to within the iCloud settings?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!