PDA

View Full Version : Habbox Radio

Munex
10-06-2013, 08:05 PM
I just listened to the radio for the first time in ages. I sat through DJ Sparky's 8pm-9pm slot, but didn't hear him speak once. I sent in a request for a song when I first tuned in, but he never acknowledged it. There was just a constant selection of songs playing.

Is this how the radio is meant to be like? I found it appalling; the radio used to be fun and interactive when I listened to it a few years back. I presumed this DJ was just doing his bare minimum for the week. Very disappointed.

Samantha
10-06-2013, 08:13 PM
To be honest I never hear DJ Sparky speak, whether it's in peak times or not, he's either not speaking or playing Eurovision songs for the hour. Although it probably isn't just him as some DJs may talk too much etc. too.

Adam
10-06-2013, 08:14 PM
I think Habbox needs to rethink how Habbox Live is experience. People don't have time to listen to an online radio for 24ish hours a day. People want specific shows and they want to listen to them when they want.

In the podcasting era I think it's time they stepped it up.

In any case, you're right.

Calum0812
10-06-2013, 08:15 PM
We are sorry to hear your disappointment but we have an awful lot of DJs posted away and such and we are trying to fill the timetable with quality DJs for you all to listen to. Unfortunately, we were unable to find a DJ to take that slot and as a result, Sparky stepped in to stream in an attempt to keep the radio online.

God
10-06-2013, 08:19 PM
We are sorry to hear your disappointment but we have an awful lot of DJs posted away and such and we are trying to fill the timetable with quality DJs for you all to listen to. Unfortunately, we were unable to find a DJ to take that slot and as a result, Sparky stepped in to stream in an attempt to keep the radio online.

That is exactly right! I know I've had to cover a lot during the night time but now that I'm gone I can only wish the dept. good luck!

lemons
10-06-2013, 08:21 PM
Why hasn't DJ Sparky been removed yet? He insulted me live on air and my complaint STILL hasn't been dealt with after about 2 weeks. He is an awful DJ with awful music and whenever I do hear his voice it's awful quality

Mark
10-06-2013, 08:22 PM
My opinion is that HabboxLive isn't worth keeping, instead focus on badge guides etc.

Chippiewill
10-06-2013, 08:24 PM
I sent in a request for a song when I first tuned in, but he never acknowledged it.

Not going to lie, I'd rather DJs say nothing than spend the entire time talking about requests that have been sent and why and why not they'll be playing them.

---------- Post added 10-06-2013 at 09:26 PM ----------

Just tuned in, it's still the same DJ but he's playing a song with TERRIBLE, I mean, the worst EVER, audio compression. Who cares if they stream at 128kbps if the source is only 32.

lemons
10-06-2013, 08:26 PM
DJ Sparky sounds about 9

Grig
10-06-2013, 08:26 PM
OK homies, will do a couple of shows with hot banter

Samantha
10-06-2013, 08:27 PM
You say he stepped in to stream for the hour at a peak time, really there was no one else? I know it might be minutely better than putting the radio offline, but HabboxLive is the biggest department and there should easily be at least one person wanting to go on air; if not it's not hard to talk for the hour or every 10 minutes.

Calum0812
10-06-2013, 08:29 PM
You say he stepped in to stream for the hour at a peak time, really there was no one else? I know it might be minutely better than putting the radio offline, but HabboxLive is the biggest department and there should easily be at least one person wanting to go on air; if not it's not hard to talk for the hour or every 10 minutes.
You'd think huh? We are doing some changes that we hope will seriously morose the department.

orientalframe?
10-06-2013, 08:34 PM
You'd think huh? We are doing some changes that we hope will seriously morose the department.

pretty sure this has been said for a while now, nice try

yeah i'm quite surprised that you can't get a dj (considering the size of the department) that can talk/actually dj at peak times, i do wonder what goes on sometimes :P

Kieran
10-06-2013, 08:39 PM
It all went downhill when me and Aiden left ;)

Samantha
10-06-2013, 08:40 PM

Did you mean to call the radio department negative?

Kieran
10-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Did you mean to call the radio department negative?

Think he may have meant motivate.... not sure how you can morose a department. Heck, pretty sure it's already morose enough :P

Chippiewill
10-06-2013, 08:44 PM
I think he meant improve.

Munex
10-06-2013, 08:50 PM
Not going to lie, I'd rather DJs say nothing than spend the entire time talking about requests that have been sent and why and why not they'll be playing them.

---------- Post added 10-06-2013 at 09:26 PM ----------

Just tuned in, it's still the same DJ but he's playing a song with TERRIBLE, I mean, the worst EVER, audio compression. Who cares if they stream at 128kbps if the source is only 32.

But if I simply wanted to listen to a random selection of music, I wouldn't use Habbox radio. I want interactivity, requests, discussions, competitions, etc. I'm no radio expert, but think it should be about 60-70% music, with fun stuff in-between the tracks. They should definitely say something after every 2/3 tracks, minimum.

Chippiewill
10-06-2013, 08:51 PM
But if I simply wanted to listen to a random selection of music, I wouldn't use Habbox radio. I want interactivity, requests, discussions, competitions, etc. I'm no radio expert, but think it should be about 60-70% music, with fun stuff in-between the tracks. They should definitely say something after every 2/3 tracks, minimum.

Certainly, but I honestly couldn't care less about the requests which they're not going to fulfil. Most DJs just use it as really crap filler and it is VERY crap.

sex
10-06-2013, 08:54 PM
My opinion is that HabboxLive isn't worth keeping, instead focus on badge guides etc.

it probably brings in more users than hxhd lol

Meanies
10-06-2013, 08:55 PM

HabboxLive staff are a completely different group of people to those who would be writing guides so makes no difference :P We also have the badge guides now ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!