PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool Boat Sinks with 30 onboard

Lee
15-06-2013, 06:34 PM
The well known banana boat has sunk leaving 30 passengers stranded.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/tourism/10122711/Tourist-boat-bus-full-of-passengers-sinks-off-Liverpool-dock.html

I've been on this a couple of times so it's quite a strange occurrence.

RyRy
15-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Christ, I always remember seeing that back when I lived up there and wanted to go on it so bad. It went through part of the Albert Dock, lucky that the ramp to get the boats back onto dry land really isn't far from where they look to have sunk. Weird that though.

xxMATTGxx
15-06-2013, 07:20 PM
Hasn't that happened before not that long ago as well? I can see some questions being raised about the safety of them.

Kasabian
15-06-2013, 07:44 PM
HAHAHAHA brilliant.

Lee
15-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Hasn't that happened before not that long ago as well? I can see some questions being raised about the safety of them.

In april I thought?

Aaron
15-06-2013, 08:50 PM
Oh no way, shame to hear about this. Thankfully nobody was injured. :)

-:Undertaker:-
16-06-2013, 12:52 PM
These things happen - bit of a shame though as I can now see health and safety stepping in and having these wonderful old boats scrapped. Anything fun and a bit dangerous is simply outlawed in modern Britain.

xxMATTGxx
16-06-2013, 01:05 PM
These things happen - bit of a shame though as I can now see health and safety stepping in and having these wonderful old boats scrapped. Anything fun and a bit dangerous is simply outlawed in modern Britain.

I can see where you are coming from but if it's happened twice in a short period of time. Then there might be something up with the boats - Or them cutting corners on maintenance or anything? Investigations need to happen to see what actually went on though.

xxMATTGxx
22-06-2013, 07:16 AM
Yellow Duckmarine firm put into administration

The firm that runs amphibious vehicle tours in Liverpool has gone into administration nearly a week after one of its craft sank in Albert Dock.

Hale-based Milner Boardman has been appointed as administrator for Pearlwild Limited, which runs the Yellow Duckmarine attraction.

Thirty-one people, including children, were on board the craft when it sank on Saturday. Nobody was seriously injured.

Marine Accident Investigation Branch (MAIB) is investigating.

It was the second sinking involving one of the craft in three months.

The Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) has withdrawn its certification on all of the firm's four vessels.

More Information at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-23009846

-:Undertaker:-
22-06-2013, 01:46 PM
What a shame, hopefully somebody rescues the company - but I wouldn't count on it with recent news.

My mates Dad used to drive one of these. :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!