PDA

View Full Version : unhealthy sleeping patterns?

Sieglinde
18-06-2013, 03:48 AM
ngl it's been on my mind since I hardly sleep because I've messed up my pattern of sleeping
I do have a bags under my eyes but I do get like a few hours sleep, 6-5 at the most but then I'm up all day until 4-6am in the morning
don't know whether to go to Doctor or whether it'll pass
but are sleeping patterns like this bad for your health?

ForeverYounqq
18-06-2013, 04:16 AM
Melatonin. I used to get up at 6 am every morning and go to bed at 3 am every night. Since you're young, it might not bother you right now, but it does catch up to you. I had horrible bags and my grades slipped. Yes, no sleep is very bad for your health. So I went to the doctor and they prescribed me to Melatonin. It's an all natural pill, and non habiat forming (means if you run out you can still sleep without it), it's not addictive. Melatonin is the hormone that sends signals to the brain to shut down (sleep), so basically, when you take these, it just rushes the flow of it. So every night just set your bedtime 15 minutes back at a time until you get into a good routine. Also, some come in chocolate mint dissolvable pills. :)

Munex
18-06-2013, 06:33 AM
I've been suffering from the same thing. I've been staying up all night until at least 11am -- often later; up to about 3pm. Then sleeping for about 5 hours and repeating the process all night. It's a terrible pattern and it ruined my A-Level English exam because I had no sleep and the exam started at 1pm, by which time, I was knackered. (At least I was already on a high A, so it isn't the end of the world).

I've literally just managed to fix it. I slept at about 10pm last night and woke up at 5am, which is pretty good for me. The only way to fix it is by forcing yourself to stay up as long as possible and then falling asleep at a time in which will keep you asleep the entire night. If you can't do it, take a short nap in the day, about 6am, and then get up and allow yourself to be tired enough to fall asleep at an appropriate time later on.

It may take a few turns. It's taken me at least a week or so to sort myself out.

I will probably end up staying up all night again anyway and ruin all my efforts...

lemons
18-06-2013, 10:04 AM
does anyone get a falling sensation when they're asleep

i do

it's caused by irregular sleep patterns

Shar
18-06-2013, 12:49 PM
could depend on a number of factors. If you're really worried go to the GPs otherwise just let it pass and try to sort it out yourself.
I've not been sleeping well lately but that's all stress related.

Zelda
18-06-2013, 07:18 PM
I don't really sleep much at all anymore, it's all quite a standard pattern though just really lacking so i have massive grey lines down under my eyes

Negativities
18-06-2013, 07:23 PM
Smoke a little herb and I knock right out!

Teabags
18-06-2013, 11:45 PM
You should be fine, reckon it will pass.
Try some sleeping pills if you're really struggling. Going on computers and whatnot before you go to sleep might not help. Try read or something.

Daltron
19-06-2013, 12:48 AM
I have like constant bags under my eyes because I only sleep 4-5 hours a night and sometimes during semester I go an entire night without sleeping to get work done, but now it's over I have these pills from the local chemist they just make me drowsy so I sleep earlier

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!