PDA

View Full Version : Do you think humans have a purpose on Earth?

Lewis
30-06-2013, 08:31 PM
I don't exactly believe we have a proper purpose, but overall I believe in the purpose for humanity on earth is to leave earth. What do you think?

buttons
30-06-2013, 08:38 PM
i think it's to improve it and progression

FlyingJesus
30-06-2013, 08:43 PM
Depends if we were created intentionally. If so our purpose is whatever that being or beings created us for (in the same way that when we make tools their purpose is determined by our intentions) but if not then no there is no purpose

AgnesIO
30-06-2013, 08:43 PM
Guess at one point we would have been a more normal part of the food chain? :L

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Inseriousity.
30-06-2013, 09:07 PM
No, typical human arrogance to assume the universe cares about our existence. The Earth would keep turning if we weren't here. You could argue that it'd be better off without us! I believe there is no purpose but it doesn't have to be depressing. If there's no higher power giving us purpose then the only alternative is that we give ourself meaning and our own purpose, whatever that may be (but fingers crossed it's a good one).

Zelda
30-06-2013, 09:14 PM
I don't believe we have any purpose in life at all other then the purposes we make for ourselves tbh. I don't in any way believe we are the only planet with life on out there either so I don't see any special significance in us tbh

Phil
30-06-2013, 11:36 PM
I don't know what we're here to do but I'm sure it's like exactly the opposite of what we're doing

Daltron
01-07-2013, 01:55 AM
I'd love to think there was some purpose, but no I don't think we serve any real long term proposition

OldLoveSong
01-07-2013, 05:16 AM
I think we make our own purpose

!x!dude!x!2
01-07-2013, 08:18 AM
i had some guy tell me we all just experiments

Jurv
01-07-2013, 05:55 PM
our purpose is to live fast, die young, be wild & have fun

MKR&*42
01-07-2013, 05:59 PM
No, typical human arrogance to assume the universe cares about our existence. The Earth would keep turning if we weren't here. You could argue that it'd be better off without us! I believe there is no purpose but it doesn't have to be depressing. If there's no higher power giving us purpose then the only alternative is that we give ourself meaning and our own purpose, whatever that may be (but fingers crossed it's a good one).

This lol^

myles
01-07-2013, 06:09 PM
we was put on here by god as a challenge. this challenge includes many scenarios and paths that you can take. The overall challenge determines whether we end up in heaven or hell.

peteyt
01-07-2013, 06:36 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. It depends if your religious but as I am not I think we make our own purposes. Give yourself goals and meet them or at least try. Be somebody.

Yawn
01-07-2013, 10:20 PM
no i dont

Eric
05-07-2013, 09:41 AM
Perfecting the world, create your own purposes, discover what makes you happy and do more of it

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!