PDA

View Full Version : Europe Holiday Suggestions

Cyndia
02-07-2013, 01:57 PM
Hellooo!

So I moved to London about 9 months ago from the states, meant to do loads of traveling and of course all I really did was laze about London this whole time! I made it out to Paris, Ireland a couple of times, and a brief cruise to Denmark, but now my boyfriend and I are looking to book a trip for a couple of days someplace we haven't been to celebrate when I finish up my post grad degree next month.

Any suggestions? We're poor, so cheap is preferable, warm weather is good, and easily accessible from London is also good (pretty much everywhere fits that, I suppose!). I've been stalking groupon and lastminute but any suggestions on other good sites to check out for package deals would also be appreciated. Just looking to make it somewhat memorable/romantic but I'm just terrible at making choices haha. Leaning towards somewhere in Italy so far, but would love any more obscure suggestions I may not have thought of/known about. :)

Cerys
02-07-2013, 02:23 PM
If you can afford flying to somewhere, Greece is my best suggestion! We go to the Greek Islands every year, it's amazing and food etc out there isn't too expensive.

Cyndia
02-07-2013, 05:16 PM
Two of my friends just went to Rhodes last month and they loved it, so it's on my list. Any particular area of Greece you'd recommend? We can fly into wherever, we just won't be traveling around much once we get there.. relaxing few days in one area probably :)

Ardemax
02-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Two of my friends just went to Rhodes last month and they loved it, so it's on my list. Any particular area of Greece you'd recommend? We can fly into wherever, we just won't be traveling around much once we get there.. relaxing few days in one area probably :)

Off topic: I think I recognise your name from likes ages ago, welcome back! Haha :)

On topic: I'd deffo recommend checking out the whole of the UK (England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales). Do like a round trip so you can say you've done it. You may even get some nice weather (and it's not too expensive!).

e5
02-07-2013, 10:10 PM
Go to Venice, Italy (oh wait is that no Europe? lmao) if you want romance!! I recommend greece for cheap and very hot, and tenerife for luxury and can also be not so expensive tbh.

FlyingJesus
02-07-2013, 10:38 PM
I would definitely suggest Butlins in Burgess Hill

Zak
03-07-2013, 08:24 AM
Hellooo!

So I moved to London about 9 months ago from the states, meant to do loads of traveling and of course all I really did was laze about London this whole time! I made it out to Paris, Ireland a couple of times, and a brief cruise to Denmark, but now my boyfriend and I are looking to book a trip for a couple of days someplace we haven't been to celebrate when I finish up my post grad degree next month.

Any suggestions? We're poor, so cheap is preferable, warm weather is good, and easily accessible from London is also good (pretty much everywhere fits that, I suppose!). I've been stalking groupon and lastminute but any suggestions on other good sites to check out for package deals would also be appreciated. Just looking to make it somewhat memorable/romantic but I'm just terrible at making choices haha. Leaning towards somewhere in Italy so far, but would love any more obscure suggestions I may not have thought of/known about. :)

I went to Antalya, Turkey in June with my partner. That was quite cheap and luxurious - one of the best hotels I've ever been to. If you want to look at it search Hotel Baia Lara on Tripadvisor (has a deserved 5 star rating). Absolutely amazing holiday.

I went to Egypt sightseeing on a Nile cruise last year which was fun. Not much freedom but LOTS to see. Maybe not an option as you want to go on holiday in Europe and there are widespread riots in Egypt at the moment.

We are going to Paris in December and we are looking into going to Rome next year for a historical/sightseeing holiday. The Colloseum, museums, forum, pantheon, Vatican city etc are all very close to one another, if you like that kind of stuff? We are probably going to the Balearic islands for a cheap 7 night holiday next year too.

Adam
03-07-2013, 07:17 PM
Just don't go to Spain and you'll be fine.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!