PDA

View Full Version : HabboPalooza Talent Competition

Yawn
05-07-2013, 11:58 AM
here is the news article

Do you play an instrument, write music, or play in a band? Do you know someone who does?

We’re looking to launch a musical career right here at Habbo Palooza. Qualifying videos will also be added to our YouTube playlist and one lucky winner will get a dedicated public room to promote your music video to millions of teens around the world!
We are only considering videos which are posted through youtube. Videos uploaded on any other sites will not be entered.

What we’re looking for:
Original (no covers!)
Great lyrics
Catchy music

Make sure to review our Terms and Conditions prior to entry.

Judging:
Voting begins on July 20th and Ends July 25th 2013. Winners are announced July 26 2013.
50% of the decision will be based on votes in a Habbo poll at the Main Stage.
50% of the decision is based on an internal vote of Habbo Staff.

Grand Prize:
The winning video and Habbo will have a public room dedicated to promoting their talent. The room will be available in all hotels bringing awareness to millions of teens in over 150 countries.

i think this is the break i was looking for :o :o

SlimShadyLp
05-07-2013, 12:08 PM
i think this is the break i was looking for :o :o

LOL!

On a serious note, why would anybody want to launch their career through habbo?
Also I would die if any of my friends knew I played habbo. (still in the closet.... of habbo)

Daltron
05-07-2013, 12:23 PM
)

Because it's some serious exposure which could get the ball rolling into something bigger for someone currently unknown and struggling to make ground?

SlimShadyLp
05-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Because it's some serious exposure which could get the ball rolling into something bigger for someone currently unknown and struggling to make ground?

if you need habbo to 'make ground' then struggling would be an understatement.
Goodluck with it though. You have my backing! ;)

Yawn
05-07-2013, 12:48 PM
The room will be available in all hotels bringing awareness to millions of teens in over 150 countries.
GLOBAL exposure

EarCandy
05-07-2013, 12:49 PM
LOL!

Also I would die if any of my friends knew I played habbo. (still in the closet.... of habbo)

Omg this!!!!
I never told anyone that I play Habbo, except for 1 of my closest friends.

sex
05-07-2013, 01:30 PM
i am thinking of entering with my original song titled "jungle running"

e5
05-07-2013, 03:12 PM
They also made an article with the competition rules:

Sulake Corporation Oy, (“Sulake”), invites you to send your Video (“Habbopalooza Music Festival Video”) on the HabboPalooza Music Festival site http://palooza.habbo.com (“Site”).

In case you are under aged, please read these competition
rules with your parents or guardian and ask them for approval for submitting
your HabboPalooza Music Festival Video.

1.The idea of the Competition is to submit us your own music video. You may
participate with as many videos as you like. The music and the lyrics on the
video must be composed and performed by you. No cover versions of songs will be
accepted.

2.The Competition starts on Friday 5th July 2013 and closes Thursday Jult
25th 2013.

3. Your HabboPalooza Music Festival Video must meet the following criteria:

a. Must not include profanity

b. Must not contain any information that reveals your identity

c. Must not be inappropriately humorous

d. Must not contain any material that infringes any
law

e. Must not contain any material infringing intellectual property rights of others (trademarks, copyright protected images etc.). You may use Habbo graphics and trademark. Check the clause 8 from our lawyer below!

4. The Competition is judged 50% by members of Habbo staff and 50% by other Habbo members from votes in the HabboPalooza Main Stage room.

5. The winner will be informed via telephone; to the number they submitted when entering
their video.

6. The Prize - The winning video and Habbo will have a public room dedicated to promoting their
talent. The room will be available in all hotels bringing awareness to millions
of teens in over 150 countries.

7. The prize shall be awarded to the winner within 30 days of announcement of the winner.

8. All Videos are pre-moderated by Sulake before they will be published. Sulake may at any time
at its discretion remove any HabboPalooza Music Festival Video submitted by you. For sake of clarity, we have no obligation to publish any HabboPalooza Music Festival Video.

9. We understand that creating HabboPalooza Music Festival Video may require using of HABBO and HABBO HOTEL trademarks and copyrights owned by Sulake. Please note that HABBO and HABBO HOTEL are trademarks registered by Sulake and their use is protected by trademark laws. Also, images, sounds and many other creative material inside HABBO are protected by copyright. Sulake protects its trademarks and copyrights from damaging infringement. However, Sulake grants all of its users the revocable permission to use HABBO and HABBO HOTEL trademarks and copyrights in HabboPalooza Music Festival Videos. All HabboPalooza Music Festival Videos must
have no commercial objective. Also, Sulake, in its sole discretion, can terminate and revoke your permission to create HabboPalooza Music Festival Video at any time, for any or no reason whatsoever.

10. By submitting your HabboPalooza Music Festival Video you grant us a license to use, copy, publish, display, modify and distribute your HabboPalooza Music Festival Video worldwide on Habbo Hotel, HabboPalooza Music festival Site and any other Habbo branded platform, including but not limited to social media sites and video sharing properties eg. YouTube.

11. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL HABBO OR SULAKE BE LIABLE WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT, PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR STRICT LIABILITY, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR CREATION, DISPLAY, OR USE OF ANY HABBOPALOOZA MUSIC FESTIVAL VIDEO OR YOUR USE OF SULAKE’S TRADEMARKS AND COPYRIGHTS, IF ANY, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.

12. Your participation in creating HabboPalooza Music Festival Video is purely voluntary. You acknowledge and agree that you will not receive any compensation of any kind from Habbo/Sulake for your HabboPalooza Music Festival Video. Nothing in these rules will create any contractor, partnership, joint venture, franchise, employment or similar relationship between you and Sulake. You acknowledge that you may stop providing content for HabboPalooza Music Festival Video and may stop creating HabboPalooza Music Festival Video at any time that you desire.

Aaron
05-07-2013, 03:20 PM
Well this is different, gives those that have a talent a chance to broadcast it to millions. :)

karter
05-07-2013, 04:01 PM
this competition is really nice lol, i'm a fan of this campaign

Hidden
05-07-2013, 07:18 PM
This is such a great idea. It's basically a gaming Disney Channel. I don't get how they expect to make a music video without leaking who you are - what are you going to do.. video a tree?

Plebings
05-07-2013, 11:55 PM
someone should give bradthelad a call

e5
06-07-2013, 12:49 AM
No, you just don't give out personal details like name, address, town etc... obviously
This is such a great idea. It's basically a gaming Disney Channel. I don't get how they expect to make a music video without leaking who you are - what are you going to do.. video a tree?

Hidden
06-07-2013, 06:56 AM
No, you just don't give out personal details like name, address, town etc... obviously
It's not hard to find somebody via an image.

SlimShadyLp
06-07-2013, 09:28 AM

What like just someones hands strumming a guitar?
Ok. Sherlock. :rolleyes:

e5
06-07-2013, 09:43 AM

Make it's more difficult when they're not like 24 palooza avenue isnt it

Hidden
06-07-2013, 11:21 PM
Make it's more difficult when they're not like 24 palooza avenue isnt it

It's not hard to look at a video of somebody. Link it with Habbo then find them on facebook, etc.

e5
06-07-2013, 11:25 PM
definitely alot harder than blantly stating your location
It's not hard to look at a video of somebody. Link it with Habbo then find them on facebook, etc.

Samantha.
07-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Definitely something different!

Wonder how successful it will be.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!