PDA

View Full Version : Abu Qatada To Finally Be Deported To Jordan

Ardemax
06-07-2013, 05:24 PM
Abu Qatada will be moved to RAF Northolt in west London and deported to Jordan in the early hours of Sunday morning.It marks the end of a near decade-long legal battle to remove the preacher, who the Government has described as a "truly dangerous individual" and a "key player" in al Qaeda-related terrorism.

Sky News understands the 51-year-old will be driven from Belmarsh prison in southeast London to RAF Northolt around midnight tonight.

A military aircraft will be waiting to take off around 2am on Sunday, heading for an isolated airstrip near the Jordanian capital Amman.

The cleric will be transferred to the maximum security Muwaqqar prison, which houses dozens of convicted terrorists.

It is understood that Qatada will be held in solitary confinement at the jail, until the Jordanian authorities can put him on trial.

Qatada originally fled the Middle East and arrived in the UK in 1993. He was granted asylum the following year.

His increasingly radical sermons caught the attention of the security services in Britain and in numerous other countries.

A Spanish judge described him as the "spiritual head of the mujaheddin in Britain".

A number of people arrested on terrorism offences, including British born "shoe-bomber" Richard Reid, admitted seeking religious advice from him.

Read more: http://news.sky.com/story/1112229/abu-qatada-to-finally-be-deported-to-jordan

Thoughts?

lemons
06-07-2013, 05:32 PM
took too long

-:Undertaker:-
06-07-2013, 07:44 PM
Why are we granting ANYONE asylum in the first place?

iLogan
07-07-2013, 11:09 PM
Why are we granting ANYONE asylum in the first place?

because the UK is a developed country which should be free to anyone seeking to escape unjust persecution?

yh took far too long the man is vile

07-07-2013, 11:20 PM
because the UK is a developed country which should be free to anyone seeking to escape unjust persecution?

yh took far too long the man is vile

The UK is also a bankrupt country with a generous welfare system ... along with being a hotspot for Islamic extremism.

But that point aside, do you know the international rules on asylum? internationally agreed rules state that an asylum seeker ought to seek asylum in the first country they come across that is a safe country for them - last time I checked, the British isles are a collection of islands which are many miles away from Africa or the Middle East.

For this moron to have got into the UK, he literally travelled from the Kingdom of Jordan across the likes of Greece, Italy, Austria, France, Spain, Switzerland etc to have got here - if the rules of asylum were followed correctly, the furthest he would have made it would have been either Greece or Italy. Personally I don't even believe in the concept of international law and feel no obligation for us to take asylum seekers in anyway - the way I see it, you want asylum seekers here? you personally provide them with a room/a house and take care of them and not the taxpayer.

Zak
08-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Too little too late I'm afraid.

We as a country are far too lenient.

Jazz
09-07-2013, 08:29 PM
They needs to have a serious overhaul on asylum seekers in my opinion, too many of these people are in our prisons, terrorists or not and our money is being used to keep them content..

12-07-2013, 03:19 AM
Apparently he left on his own accord rather than being forcibly 'deported' by our useless government, something that the Tory papers haven't reported.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!