PDA

View Full Version : McDonalds Interview

Delimed
10-07-2013, 06:59 PM
So yeah, I got offered an interview at McDonalds for the customer care assistant role;

-has anyone here had this interview before
-do you need to take your cv to the interview
-is the OJE hard

Thanks,
Ben

Cerys
10-07-2013, 07:46 PM
WOAHHH BEN IS BACK. HI BEN, YOU STILL MAKING YOUR MUSCLES BIG AND BEAUTIFUL???

Never had an interview, but I'd assume you'd need to take your cv. most places you have to anyway

MKR&*42
10-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Didn't have to take a cv when I went , the OJE wasn't hard fpr me cause i had such late appt (was fairly quiet) but it might be a bit harder during busy hours . Even then its not that hard to do at all.

And dont be disheartened if ye get rejected , just a part of life mate

mrwoooooooo
10-07-2013, 09:42 PM
wth does a customer care assistant do at mcdonalds?

-Nick
10-07-2013, 09:42 PM
.Cymru.; will know!

Take your cv incase

Sho
10-07-2013, 09:48 PM
So yeah, I got offered an interview at McDonalds for the customer care assistant role;

-has anyone here had this interview before
-do you need to take your cv to the interview
-is the OJE hard

Thanks,
Ben

I didn't take my CV in, but taking it might be good just in case. I didn't get an OJE, they interviewed me, accepted me and I started straight away. The OJE shouldn't be too hard though, they'll probably evaluate how you handle certain situations and such, they shouldn't get you to do anything that's too hard since you won't be sure of what you're doing :).

Good luck!

geo
10-07-2013, 11:23 PM
wait i thought you were 15??? (i'm not being rude but)

i didn't realize mcdonalds cared much for their customers but i will give you the job anyway

Yawn
11-07-2013, 11:12 AM
the key to any job interview is to lie and BS

hope this helps!

Delimed
11-07-2013, 11:15 AM
wait i thought you were 15??? (i'm not being rude but)

i didn't realize mcdonalds cared much for their customers but i will give you the job anyway

I'm 16, of school leaving age as I have left, and I need a job?

lemons
11-07-2013, 11:23 AM
what does customer care assistant do

make sure there is no sharp items in big macs??

Lee
11-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Customer Care assistant is the person who roams the dinning area cleaning tables moping the floor and emptying the bins.

Aaron
11-07-2013, 10:32 PM
16 is still young to be working in McDonalds, how did you get the job without sending them in your CV? Yep I'd bring the CV with you, if it's a good CV that is. :P

Catchy
11-07-2013, 11:41 PM
16 is still young to be working in McDonalds, how did you get the job without sending them in your CV? Yep I'd bring the CV with you, if it's a good CV that is. :P

It's an online application process, companies love young workers they can pay them as little as possible for their work.

Zak
12-07-2013, 09:04 AM
Bless this was the one you were talking to me on Facebook about?

Let me know how it goes Ben. :)

Aaron
12-07-2013, 09:18 AM
It's an online application process, companies love young workers they can pay them as little as possible for their work.

Well that's true, but don't they usually make you attach your CV as a file?

Catchy
12-07-2013, 11:31 AM

Dunno, some places do some don't and just ask questions to fill out and answer. CV's aren't always essential

Amberr
16-07-2013, 03:11 PM
You probably wont need to take your CV in, I've never done it when I've gone for a job interview and have got the jobs. When is it or have you already done it? I would just learn abit of history of the company and ******** your way through and have a few questions in mind that you could ask as it gives the impression that you are actually interested about the job role. good luck xo

---------- Post added 16-07-2013 at 04:13 PM ----------

if its an online application probably everything on your CV you would of answered on there anyway.

Zak
17-07-2013, 09:22 AM
When is the interview Ben?

Delimed
21-07-2013, 02:20 PM
got the job:D

Lee
21-07-2013, 05:59 PM
Congratulations Ben.

Mr-Trainor
21-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Well done :D.

Phil
21-07-2013, 11:41 PM
Congratulations! What was it like? Just so other people can look here if they ever have an interview :)

KatieDuckie.
22-07-2013, 01:01 PM
Congrats! c:

Delimed
22-07-2013, 06:23 PM
It was pretty chilled too be honest, this woman came up to me, sat me down and went through my application with me and asked questions on it. She also asked me, Give me two experiences, one of a good restaurant, and one of a bad one (I obviously said KFC)

Then onto my OJE... the woman asked an employee to take me round, show me how to empty the bins, where the cloths are held etc, I also had fun playing with the bin machine;)

About 5 minutes after this, the woman offered me a drink, and the business manager had a little interview with me, sorted out my hours etc. I asked him a few questions and he answered politely.

I went home and an hour after my interview I had an email inviting me to a welcome meeting.

The welcome meeting was today, I had to fill in a hell of a lot of paperwork, including my bank credentials, he set me up an account on their website (for shifts, employee discounts etc) I had to fill in a health and safety questionnaire when I got home which took about an hour (which im getting paid for)

Bowie
22-07-2013, 06:30 PM
I haven't had an interview for that type of job before, but in the case of most interviews it is a great idea to take a copy of your CV in case they do not have it to hand.

Make out that the job is really important to you and what not and you've got a good chance of getting it.

Zak
22-07-2013, 09:29 PM
It was pretty chilled too be honest, this woman came up to me, sat me down and went through my application with me and asked questions on it. She also asked me, Give me two experiences, one of a good restaurant, and one of a bad one (I obviously said KFC)

Then onto my OJE... the woman asked an employee to take me round, show me how to empty the bins, where the cloths are held etc, I also had fun playing with the bin machine;)

About 5 minutes after this, the woman offered me a drink, and the business manager had a little interview with me, sorted out my hours etc. I asked him a few questions and he answered politely.

I went home and an hour after my interview I had an email inviting me to a welcome meeting.

The welcome meeting was today, I had to fill in a hell of a lot of paperwork, including my bank credentials, he set me up an account on their website (for shifts, employee discounts etc) I had to fill in a health and safety questionnaire when I got home which took about an hour (which im getting paid for)

See I told you there would be nothing to worry about :)

Congrats on the job mate, now welcome to the world of work >:]

Delimed
23-07-2013, 09:59 AM
See I told you there would be nothing to worry about :)

Congrats on the job mate, now welcome to the world of work >:]

Thanks Zak, and I look forward to it, sigh.

Zak
23-07-2013, 11:25 AM
Thanks Zak, and I look forward to it, sigh.

Stop your moaning :P You're not allowed to moan until you're full time :P

Samishlol
28-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Congrats Ben. I know so many people who work for McDonalds, duno if I could do it myself with their low wage.

Matt
29-07-2013, 08:24 AM
I can't see myself working in McDonalds but I know a lot of people in my year that work there part time. Welldone on getting the job!

Cupids
29-07-2013, 08:50 AM
well done on getting the job :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!