PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in Ghosts?

Daltron
13-07-2013, 10:45 PM
Some freaky stuff has happened to me in the past at night time! But I don't know that I would say ghosts exist or had anything to do with it. So I don't think they exist.

Anyone have a good Ghost story? Do you believe in Ghosts?

FlyingJesus
13-07-2013, 11:16 PM
Nope. If they do exist and the best they can do is make floorboards creak and give Derek Acorah a job then they might as well not

StevenWinehouse
13-07-2013, 11:21 PM
Yep. I've had too many experience with the Paranormal for me not to believe.

I've woken up with these long scratch marks on my back and legs, however when I would check my bed there would be nothing in it that would explain the scratches, and my finger nails aren't long enough nor sharp enough to cause the scratches I've gotten. The dishwasher has turned on by its self and its one of those dishwashers that needs human interaction but no one touched it for hours. I've heard footsteps go up and down the stairs at night. I've seen shadows moving in the basement yet there was nothing physical moving and the basement doesn't have any windows so it wasn't a car or somebody walking down the street. I've been pushed down the stairs, but it wasn't like I tripped or misstepped, but actually pushed.

Gina
13-07-2013, 11:29 PM
no i dont
the only ghost ive ever fgidfhghfihdfo from was casper the ghost and thats because he was on my tv
but i think theyre silly idk

Mr-Trainor
14-07-2013, 12:08 AM

I've woken up with these long scratch marks on my back and legs, however when I would check my bed there would be nothing in it that would explain the scratches, and my finger nails aren't long enough nor sharp enough to cause the scratches I've gotten. The dishwasher has turned on by its self and its one of those dishwashers that needs human interaction but no one touched it for hours. I've heard footsteps go up and down the stairs at night. I've seen shadows moving in the basement yet there was nothing physical moving and the basement doesn't have any windows so it wasn't a car or somebody walking down the street. I've been pushed down the stairs, but it wasn't like I tripped or misstepped, but actually pushed.
Lol you just reminded me I forgot to put the dishwasher on before coming upstairs, but after reading this thread I'm too scared to go back down :(:(.

Anyway, yes, I do believe in 'ghosts'.

MKR&*42
14-07-2013, 08:25 AM
No.

Zelda
14-07-2013, 08:39 AM
No I don't. Anything that people do see to me anyway is just their memories of people appearing into their vision or their mind playing tricks on them tbh

Jurv
14-07-2013, 08:53 AM
nope i have to see it to believe it

lemons
14-07-2013, 10:18 AM
yes I do!

Cerys
14-07-2013, 10:35 AM
I'm gonna say I'm unsure, because there's no evidence that they definitely do or don't exist, so who am I to say whether they do :P

I'd like to think they're real tho, would be quite interesting xD

Lanyon
14-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Load of patheticness lol :P

karter
14-07-2013, 01:11 PM
No but I would like to believe that they are real

geo
14-07-2013, 01:35 PM
no, i don't think so. i think i used to believe there were ghosts but now i really don't, and i hope ghosts don't exist either lol

-Amyy
14-07-2013, 01:50 PM
Yes I believe in ghosts, I've never actually seen one but I like to think there's something there after death

Kardan
14-07-2013, 01:57 PM
I'm gonna say I'm unsure, because there's no evidence that they definitely do or don't exist, so who am I to say whether they do :P

I'd like to think they're real tho, would be quite interesting xD

How can you have evidence of something that doesn't exist?

Empired
14-07-2013, 02:01 PM

I've woken up with these long scratch marks on my back and legs, however when I would check my bed there would be nothing in it that would explain the scratches, and my finger nails aren't long enough nor sharp enough to cause the scratches I've gotten.

The dishwasher has turned on by its self and its one of those dishwashers that needs human interaction but no one touched it for hours.

I've heard footsteps go up and down the stairs at night.

I've seen shadows moving in the basement yet there was nothing physical moving and the basement doesn't have any windows so it wasn't a car or somebody walking down the street.

I've been pushed down the stairs, but it wasn't like I tripped or misstepped, but actually pushed.

Hi ok. Usually if I don't agree with someone's beliefs I try to understand them or at least accept them. But that is the biggest load of twaddle I have ever heard.

1) Even the shortest fingernails can scratch things. Unless all ten of your fingernails have been surgically removed, you will be able to scratch your legs. Also, you can scratch your legs with your feet/toenails.

2) It's much more likely that someone forgot that they'd turned it on than you've got a ghost who's just addicted to cleaning your house.

3) All houses move. It doesn't have to be windy, the house doesn't have to be old. For example, if you try standing as still as possible, you will still find yourself moving simply to stay balanced. Obviously inanimate objects wouldn't sway as much as a human would, but they still have to move just a fraction or they'd fall down.
Also:
-Dripping taps
-The air moving round your radiators
-Dishwasher/washing machine could have been on
All reasonable explanations. There are plenty of other explanations too, I just don't have the energy to think of them.

4) Oddly, inanimate objects make shadows. Also, just because the shadow was moving doesn't mean the object itself was. The source of light could have been moving/flickering, therefore making the shadow look like it was moving.

5) Oh, please.

Yeah so just to summarise: I think the people who do tend to ignore cold, hard evidence staring them in the face and just jump straight to the conclusion that their house is haunted. There is absolutely no proof of ghosts whatsoever. There's just a load of ghost stories that children tell at sleepovers and the occasional mad Cat Lady who wants to get some money out of the Daily Mail.

Do you not believe in any kind of coincidence at all? Coincidences happen every second all over the world. How come if you see someone you know while you're on holiday you just look at each other and go "oh it's a small world isn't it?" but then as soon as your dishwasher turns on unexpectedly you're just like MY HOUSE IS FULL OF THE PARANORMAL. Sheesh.

Ok I think I'm done now (A)

Oh yeah, I don't believe in ghosts.

MKR&*42
14-07-2013, 02:15 PM
As Charlie said its very easy to scratch yourself whilst sleeping. I've woken up numerous times Wirh scratches on myself and I have very short fingernails, so I doubt that was down to ghosts @ post Charlie quoted

Cerys
14-07-2013, 04:23 PM
How can you have evidence of something that doesn't exist?

Where's the evidence to say it certainly doesn't exist? There must be certain facts etc out there to say that it's physically impossible for stuff to happen etc.

e5
14-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Never seen one but i'd like to think they exist so I voted yes :P

Shockwave.2CC
14-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Yes, Yes I do and I do get scared about it sometimes

Special
14-07-2013, 05:13 PM
no mainly because there's no solid proof of them

Kardan
14-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Where's the evidence to say it certainly doesn't exist? There must be certain facts etc out there to say that it's physically impossible for stuff to happen etc.

There's no evidence that clowns DON'T live on Pluto. So do you believe that could be true as well? :P

Cerys
14-07-2013, 09:23 PM
There's no evidence that clowns DON'T live on Pluto. So do you believe that could be true as well? :P

Well, surely that's covered by the fact that we can't currently get to pluto, and the atmosphere doesn't support us? ;))

xxMATTGxx
14-07-2013, 09:23 PM
It's a no for me and for me to believe they are real I would have to see them myself.

Kardan
14-07-2013, 09:28 PM
Well, surely that's covered by the fact that we can't currently get to pluto, and the atmosphere doesn't support us? ;))

I never said the clowns were human.

Cerys
14-07-2013, 09:32 PM
I never said the clowns were human.

Dun dun dunnn! Would be a fab sci-fi, lets write it ;3

But really, I dunno. xD

Kardan
14-07-2013, 09:36 PM
Dun dun dunnn! Would be a fab sci-fi, lets write it ;3

But really, I dunno. xD

My point is, it's pretty much impossible to prove something that doesn't exist, since you don't know what you need to prove.

Cerys
14-07-2013, 09:40 PM
My point is, it's pretty much impossible to prove something that doesn't exist, since you don't know what you need to prove.

I know it'd be hard to do it, but somehow my mind is saying you can prove it somehow.
Ugh it's irritating because I know exactly what I want to say to further explain myself, but I can't fix it into words xD

Catchy
14-07-2013, 09:40 PM
Hi ok. Usually if I don't agree with someone's beliefs I try to understand them or at least accept them. But that is the biggest load of twaddle I have ever heard.

1) Even the shortest fingernails can scratch things. Unless all ten of your fingernails have been surgically removed, you will be able to scratch your legs. Also, you can scratch your legs with your feet/toenails.

2) It's much more likely that someone forgot that they'd turned it on than you've got a ghost who's just addicted to cleaning your house.

3) All houses move. It doesn't have to be windy, the house doesn't have to be old. For example, if you try standing as still as possible, you will still find yourself moving simply to stay balanced. Obviously inanimate objects wouldn't sway as much as a human would, but they still have to move just a fraction or they'd fall down.
Also:
-Dripping taps
All reasonable explanations. There are plenty of other explanations too, I just don't have the energy to think of them.

4) Oddly, inanimate objects make shadows. Also, just because the shadow was moving doesn't mean the object itself was. The source of light could have been moving/flickering, therefore making the shadow look like it was moving.

5) Oh, please.

Yeah so just to summarise: I think the people who do tend to ignore cold, hard evidence staring them in the face and just jump straight to the conclusion that their house is haunted. There is absolutely no proof of ghosts whatsoever. There's just a load of ghost stories that children tell at sleepovers and the occasional mad Cat Lady who wants to get some money out of the Daily Mail.

Do you not believe in any kind of coincidence at all? Coincidences happen every second all over the world. How come if you see someone you know while you're on holiday you just look at each other and go "oh it's a small world isn't it?" but then as soon as your dishwasher turns on unexpectedly you're just like MY HOUSE IS FULL OF THE PARANORMAL. Sheesh.

This is spot on. No I don't believe... ur all paranoid imo

Kardan
14-07-2013, 09:42 PM
I know it'd be hard to do it, but somehow my mind is saying you can prove it somehow.
Ugh it's irritating because I know exactly what I want to say to further explain myself, but I can't fix it into words xD

But the thing is, if someone did have proof of ghosts, actual rigid proof, then it would be accepted as scientifically accurate :P

And scientifically, it's pretty much impossible for something (like a ghost) to go through solids... Let alone bringing stuff like death/flight etc into it :P

lemons
14-07-2013, 09:46 PM
if you non-believers saw a ghost would you believe in other things like god etc lol

Kardan
14-07-2013, 09:46 PM
if you non-believers saw a ghost would you believe in other things like god etc lol

No. Proof of ghosts would not lead me to taking that as proof of god.

lucaskf390
15-07-2013, 04:11 AM
Man, Ghosts don't exist, this is some light effect or something, if you start imagining ghosts your mind will change and maybe cause a psychological problem. If you believe God don't be afraid.

Empired
15-07-2013, 02:36 PM
But the thing is, if someone did have proof of ghosts, actual rigid proof, then it would be accepted as scientifically accurate :P

And scientifically, it's pretty much impossible for something (like a ghost) to go through solids... Let alone bringing stuff like death/flight etc into it :P
Not to mention the word "paranormal" would no longer be correct ;)

!x!dude!x!2
15-07-2013, 07:52 PM
yes :)

StevenWinehouse
17-07-2013, 10:01 PM

Also:
-Dripping taps

5) Oh, please.

1) Lets see. Toward the scratches, again my nails are short and for me to cause the scratches that I've had on my back and legs would require me to either scratch my self multiple times where in that case my skin would welt not break the skin or glass would have to be in my bed. Neither were the case

2) Dishwasher theory, yea you could be right but then again I said no one touched it for hours, yea people were in the kitchen when this happened, but again no one touched it.

3) Indeed the house was old, however nothing was in the area where the stairs are should be causing those noises, under the stairs is the entrance to the basement, and we didn't have radiators we had furnaces so hot and cold air moves throughout the house in vents. Dripping Taps are too quite. Plus it was actual stomping noises and it wouldn't be caused by anything that you listed.

4) Toward the shadows moving, the lights weren't flickering nor moving, so that rules what you said out.

5) How are you going to tell me what I felt happen to me? When I was concious to experience it? I know the difference between tripping and getting pushed, and I was definitely pushed.

I don't really care if you believe in ghosts, demons, angels, etc. However don't go around telling people what happened to them, especially if you weren't there to experience it yourself.

Jazz
18-07-2013, 08:38 AM
No, I've never experienced them to believe. A load of my friends try and make me believe, but you cant force a person to believe stuff. Its a bit like the jehovah witnesses coming around, asking me to join the light of the lord etc.

Derrener
18-07-2013, 03:13 PM
I don't believe in them, no

Empired
18-07-2013, 04:51 PM
1) Lets see. Toward the scratches, again my nails are short and for me to cause the scratches that I've had on my back and legs would require me to either scratch my self multiple times where in that case my skin would welt not break the skin or glass would have to be in my bed. Neither were the case

2) Dishwasher theory, yea you could be right but then again I said no one touched it for hours, yea people were in the kitchen when this happened, but again no one touched it.

3) Indeed the house was old, however nothing was in the area where the stairs are should be causing those noises, under the stairs is the entrance to the basement, and we didn't have radiators we had furnaces so hot and cold air moves throughout the house in vents. Dripping Taps are too quite. Plus it was actual stomping noises and it wouldn't be caused by anything that you listed.

4) Toward the shadows moving, the lights weren't flickering nor moving, so that rules what you said out.

5) How are you going to tell me what I felt happen to me? When I was concious to experience it? I know the difference between tripping and getting pushed, and I was definitely pushed.

I don't really care if you believe in ghosts, demons, angels, etc. However don't go around telling people what happened to them, especially if you weren't there to experience it yourself.
You literally just repeated exactly what you said the first time just using slightly different words. I feel like I could copy you and repeat exactly what I said but using different words but it would be a waste of breath.

I don't understand people like you who ignore every single scrap of logic surrounding them and decide to make up crap to get their name and picture in the Daily Mail..

O/T: I think we can all agree I still don't believe in ghosts (A)

kaserbasco
18-07-2013, 05:39 PM
Once, when I was a younguun, I couldn't sleep at a very late hour. So I got up out of bed & walked through my living room to my parent's room. Omw my nanny, who was sitting by the television, was just motionless and her whole body was transparent-white. I swear. Kinda freaky so I bolted for it. To this day, I never forget and I'm not gonna lie, the dark still spooks me sometimes. :/

---------- Post added 18-07-2013 at 01:41 PM ----------

it probably was some light effect, lol

Aiden
18-07-2013, 06:22 PM
Yes lol
I believe in everything
i still think that unicorns was real

Phil
18-07-2013, 09:48 PM
Yeah there's a place near us which is appaz the most haunted place in the country and I defo think something is there.

Sho
21-07-2013, 11:49 AM
I don't believe in them :P. I used to when I was younger because everyone would tell me these creepy stories that had happened to them involving ghosts etc, and because I'm so gullible I believed them until one day I realised how ridiculous some of the stories were haha.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!