PDA

View Full Version : Things you struggle to talk about to people.

Chug!
17-07-2013, 08:27 PM
Are there things in life you struggle to talk about to friends, family, or anyone?

Such as death, the past, a relationship, how you met someone, anything?

Personally, I struggle to talk about how my mum and dad split up, I was in a relationship with someone for 2 years and a bit, and never told them the real reason, does that make me a bad person? a liar? a truth holder? Idk.

Some things are just hard to tell, some things you just feel you need to keep inside you.

Or is that just me?

wixard
17-07-2013, 08:45 PM
my relationship with my dad
MY FEELINGS

Jazz
17-07-2013, 08:47 PM
mental health
internet world
my habits
my work

buttons
17-07-2013, 09:04 PM
nah my friends know everything from mental health problems, my internet friends/bf, family problems etc :)
anyone else im pretty open with them, don't mind talking about anything.
however with my mum i find it difficult to talk about ANY type of feelings, i don't cry in front of her, don't even show anger or talk back to her and don't talk about my interests, life etc lol

oh one thing i don't talk to friends about is self harm

bam..its..abbz
17-07-2013, 09:30 PM
Feelings, mental health, bullying,

lucaskf390
17-07-2013, 10:05 PM
Some Family Problems... I never introduced a conversation about that.
Some relationships with friends and old loves.
And some personal problems.
Never talked anyone about this problems.

--

e5
17-07-2013, 10:29 PM
Don't like talking to my mum about relationships cos she so critical and not what I want to hear, learnt the hard way from my last relationship lol

FlyingJesus
17-07-2013, 10:39 PM
The things I'm not comfortable talking about in public I'm not comfortable talking about on here for the most part, but yes there are things that have happened which I do not find easy

MKR&*42
17-07-2013, 10:53 PM
Irl pretty much everything from my past. I also dont explain why I'm depressed or angry etc sometimes, I'd rather just not have interference.

Oh as for family, don't discuss relationships ever..

Online I find it easier , but there are still large amounts of my past I don't talk to people about.

lawrawrrr
17-07-2013, 11:31 PM
There's no part of my life which I haven't told to at least someone, but for the most part it's about my past, I just don't see the point in bringing it up and reliving it all again.

Chris
18-07-2013, 12:00 AM
My feelings, anything personal, things I've dealt with over the past few years and like Jazz said, the internet world.

I generally am quite a secretive person I guess.

Jurv
18-07-2013, 12:26 AM
nope i don't struggle talking about anything. i share everything with friends & family idm

geo
18-07-2013, 09:47 AM
i don't feel like i can talk to my parents or my family about anything. and i struggle to talk to my friends about things too, so i just keep it to myself.

i don't feel like i can talk about death, relationships, my feelings, mental health

online i'm a lot more open because i sometimes just wanna know that somebody knows and is there for me but there are still some things that nobody knows and nobody will know

noddy
18-07-2013, 10:09 AM
not really, except one or 2 things.

Absently
18-07-2013, 10:25 AM
I don't talk to my mum about anything personal, just don't feel like she'd care enough or understand. My friends don't really know anything about the people I talk to on the internet, unless I make a passing comment but I will never go into too much detail. My feelings are a rare occasion mentioned in front of my friends, unless I'm quite drunk and then everything is just splat out. With my boyfriend, I tell him basically everything and find it pretty easy.

Circadia
18-07-2013, 12:29 PM
I don't talk about online things
I don't really share stuff with my mum/dad or my friends I'm a very secretive person offline
If I was in a relationship I would keep it from my parents for as long as possible :L

JACKTARD
18-07-2013, 12:46 PM
I think it depends on who I'm talking to.

For serious stuff there's usually at least someone that comes to mind who I'd be able to talk to about it but then there's stuff which you can find really cringey to talk about with anyone just because you cringe even when you think about it like things you may have said/done when drunk or remembering things in past relationships etc.

Yawn
18-07-2013, 01:39 PM
cant think of anything but there nothing rly to talk about that might be sensitive lol

Zelda
18-07-2013, 08:17 PM
definitely my mental health and sexuality
also online stuff and just generally how I feel at the time tbh I really don't like talking to people at all in all honesty

Phil
18-07-2013, 10:47 PM
I don't really have a problem talking about things with many people. Like I probably wouldn't talk to my family about feelings but I have loads of friends who I can talk to for that.

Hate telling mam overnight plans with my girlfriend like camping or just when she stays over and stuff because she gets all like "IF SHE GETS HER EGGO PREGGO I WILL THROW HER DOWN THE STAIRS" (not completely legit)

Aiden
19-07-2013, 06:39 AM
anything sexual related towards me...
i get asked about it a lot and i'd rather not be lol

if its about sexual stuff in general then i dont care

orientalframe?
19-07-2013, 08:15 PM
usually anything about my family because it's all messed up and awkward, and i don't really like to be reminded about it anyway. then personal stuff like feelings or whatever but i'm not really an open person in general

Gibs960
19-07-2013, 09:14 PM
That apparently (according to a therapist) I used to have mental health issues, and about self harm. There's tonnes of people at school that self harm and are like "you don't know anything about it". Truth is, I probably know more because I've come out the other end and I'm not just doing it for attention like 90% of the people who do at my school.

beth
19-07-2013, 11:16 PM
anything personal or emotional. unless it's to my boyfriend. usually gloss over everything else with anyone else.

-Naomii,
19-07-2013, 11:41 PM
Anything to do with emotions..

Oh wait,

I don't have any.

Shar
20-07-2013, 02:21 AM
The internet world. Otherwise I'm quite an open person to my nearest and dearest.

Sharon
20-07-2013, 11:10 AM
there's certain things which i will only tell one/two people online but i literally never trust irl people because i always assume they'll share it/betray me where as with internet people... who can they really tell that will affect me offline

they're just like deep rooted family issues/my feelings/actual thoughts

(just read posts and realised i am the complete opposite in the way to everyone else that i'd much rather share my life online than irl... weird)

i always find the topic of death extremely uncomfortable because i've never know anyone who has passed away as of present so i wouldn't know how to act, cope or talk about it

Cerys
20-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Um. Idk tbh. Feelings I guess. I don't like talking about most things cos I'm worried of what the other person would think. Like, if I started talking to my mum about how much I hate my dad, I'm worried she'll get hurt. IDEK. xD

LuciieOx
21-07-2013, 01:36 AM
I generally find it hard to talk about anything face to face, even if it's just a chat.. But like mental health, si, worries, asking questions?, past. It's confusinggggg

Sho
21-07-2013, 11:42 AM
I don't talk to people about my past, and I find it hard talking to anyone about my feelings etc so I just tend to bottle it all up. I've noticed recently that I've started telling a certain person a lot of these though, most of the time without even noticing, but yeah I don't share much in person and only a few people on here actually knows stuff about me haha.

CrazyLemurs
21-07-2013, 02:33 PM
I don't like to refer to Habbo at all irl, because people find it awfully immature
And nobody really understands the concept of raiding on World of Warcraft so I try to avoid the subject completely and just explain it as "a thing with 10 people that we do for 9 hours a week" but then I get the whole "YE IS IT A GIANT ORGY GAYYYYYYY"

Also I don't like people asking me whether I'm gay, and then asking if I like girls, and then being completely dumbstruck when I have to explain "no, I don't like either now eat bobba"

Gina
21-07-2013, 08:07 PM
i dont like talking about things i struggle with like issues type thing to family or rl friends, idk i prefer speaking to people from here like sharon said, but then its easier not speaking face to face about it lmao like ive told two people from here some stuff i struggle with but idk i dont like talking to people about that stuff so a lot of it i'd just keep to myself, not like they need to know anyway

uniqueusername
21-07-2013, 08:45 PM
I struggle talking to people about anything really. Find it really hard to express myself so I don't very often have serious conversations. It's a crap way to be.

haylashayla
14-08-2013, 11:11 AM
like 90% of things omg

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!