PDA

View Full Version : Woman takes Horse into McDonald's

lemons
22-07-2013, 03:13 PM
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/68883000/jpg/_68883100_horse1.jpghttp://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/68883000/jpg/_68883101_poo.jpg

Horse in McDonald's: Rider fined after 'drive-thru' refusal

A woman has been fined for taking her horse into a McDonald's restaurant in Greater Manchester.

Police said the woman, who has not been named, was in the saddle when she was initially turned away from the drive-through kiosk on Bury New Road.

The woman then led the animal inside, where it "ended up doing his business on the floor", a Greater Manchester Police (GMP) spokesman said.

McDonald's said it was unable to serve customers on horseback.

'Distress to customers'

A spokeswoman for the company said: "On 20 July a woman allowed her pony to enter our restaurant in Whitefield after being refused service in the drive-thru lane.

"The incident caused distress to customers and disruption for the restaurant, and the police issued the woman with a fixed penalty notice."

She added: "The health and safety of our customers and staff is our top priority, and for this reason we are unable to serve pedestrians, bicycle riders or customers on horseback through the drive-thru."

Greater Manchester Police said: "The sight and smell of this caused obvious distress and upset to customers trying to eat, as well as staff members.

"Officers arrived at the location and the woman was issued [with] a fixed penalty notice for causing alarm and distress to other customers and staff."

-:Undertaker:-
22-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Shame on McDonalds for being purposely awkward with ridiculous rules, should have just served her at the Drive-thru.

Mr-Trainor
22-07-2013, 07:45 PM
Taking the horse inside was just stupid :Slant:. How comes they didn't serve her in the drive-thru though?

MKR&*42
22-07-2013, 07:47 PM
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO.

why would you even ok I don't know who I feel is in the wrong here the entire thing is just hilarious.

lemons
22-07-2013, 07:58 PM
there is a hidden message in this story

the horse will soon revisit that mcdonalds in the near future

as a burger

Empired
22-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Wow, McDonalds, why the long face? I can't take this story seriously omf

Derrener
22-07-2013, 08:29 PM
found this highly amusing

Samantha
22-07-2013, 10:06 PM
Why didn't she just keep the horse outside for a couple of minutes. How did it even fit in the door :S?

FlyingJesus
22-07-2013, 10:25 PM
Have seen women take a horse in weirder places tbh

AgnesIO
22-07-2013, 10:52 PM
Taking the horse inside was just stupid :Slant:. How comes they didn't serve her in the drive-thru though?

Health and safety apparently.

The only thing I would say is that it is a DRIVE-thru, as in drive not ride - she wasn't seriously going to eat the mcdonalds, whilst on her horse - was she?

Daltron
23-07-2013, 12:34 AM
I hope she treated that horse to a happy meal

Phil
23-07-2013, 12:37 AM
How was she even going to eat the food while on the horse? Also, there's no cup holder!! Are these the rules everywhere? I know the one in Waterford will serve pedestrians.

Chippiewill
23-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Shame on McDonalds for being purposely awkward with ridiculous rules, should have just served her at the Drive-thru.

McDonalds has a right not to serve anyone they want, the woman does not have a right to take a horse into a place where food is produced.

Zak
23-07-2013, 12:31 PM

Employee's aren't allowed. Not sure why. They won't serve people on foot either - at our McDonalds the speakerbox won't even activate if there is just a person stood next to it. :P

Catchy
23-07-2013, 12:38 PM
the woman is obviously crackers... no NORMAL person would consider this

Absently
23-07-2013, 01:06 PM
How was she even going to eat the food while on the horse? Also, there's no cup holder!! Are these the rules everywhere? I know the one in Waterford will serve pedestrians.
Oh wow really? I never knew that, great idea for a drunken night home if I lived out that way :P

This story is seriously odd.

GommeInc
23-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Not sure why they didn't just serve her at the drive-through, they do it at quite a few McDonald's restaurants around the country. They made it awkward by instigating the problem by not serving her, then she just made it worse walking in with it - very unhygienic and selfish, as she didn't consider other customers.

All in all, a silly situation that could have been avoided.

Jurv
23-07-2013, 01:34 PM
imagine the smell whilst youre trying to eat omg

23-07-2013, 02:28 PM
McDonalds has a right not to serve anyone they want, the woman does not have a right to take a horse into a place where food is produced.

It does, but that doesn't mean their policy was right. Just give her the damn meal/drink via drive thru.

AgnesIO
23-07-2013, 02:39 PM
DRIVE-thru.

In my eyes, that implies one may use it if they are in a card, which they can drive.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

MKR&*42
23-07-2013, 02:41 PM
I don't think McDonalds are at fault really lol. Maybe this might pressure them to change "drive-thru" to "drive and ride-thru"...

FlyingJesus
23-07-2013, 02:54 PM
It does, but that doesn't mean their policy was right. Just give her the damn meal/drink via drive thru.

DANIEL ARE YOU ATTEMPTING TO DICTATE HOW A PRIVATE BUSINESS RUNS ITSELF IN TERMS OF WHOM THEY CHOOSE TO SERVE

Stephen
23-07-2013, 03:29 PM
depends where she lives cos she can't exactly tie it up outside and if she's hungry then she should be like YO MO******

23-07-2013, 05:48 PM
DANIEL ARE YOU ATTEMPTING TO DICTATE HOW A PRIVATE BUSINESS RUNS ITSELF IN TERMS OF WHOM THEY CHOOSE TO SERVE

No. :P

Just saying, silly rule. Their loss anyway aha.

Phil
23-07-2013, 10:32 PM
Oh wow really? I never knew that, great idea for a drunken night home if I lived out that way :P

This story is seriously odd.

Yeah the one out on the Cork road. We went walking towards WIT one day after a night out and there was a massive queue along the drive thru. Was fab!

e5
23-07-2013, 11:16 PM
Don't see any harm in serving anyone via the drive thru lmao :s

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!