PDA

View Full Version : Would you accept a gay child?

cornbix
22-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Hi.. I was just wondering what your reaction would be if your child came out as gay. How would you react, would you accept them or disown them? What are your views?

Jw. :8

MKR&*42
22-07-2013, 06:04 PM
I would gladly accept a gay child, or a bi child, or lesbian etc. I honestly wouldn't care of their sexuality :P

Yawn
its a shame a baby cant be spotted as gay while it still possible to abort it

i wouldnt accept it but luckily by time it comes out as gay it is able to fend for itself and i can disown it with little to no hassle

myles
lol dont even talk about that
first of all whilst it is at school i would chuck all of its belongings into a tip and sanitize the room
i would wait till they got home and wait till they went upstairs. i would run up there and grab the little **** by its ear and pull it down the stairs and chuck it out the door.

Cerys
22-07-2013, 06:08 PM
Don't see why not..

My mum has accepted me, and I don't see why she wouldn't *unless she was homophobic obv*
If my child was homosexual, it isn't directly affecting me so why is it any of my business xD

MKR&*42
22-07-2013, 06:11 PM
Don't see why not..

My mum has accepted me, and I don't see why she wouldn't *unless she was homophobic obv*
If my child was homosexual, it isn't directly affecting me so why is it any of my business xD

You're not straight?

Yawn
22-07-2013, 06:12 PM
lol dont even talk about that
first of all whilst it is at school i would chuck all of its belongings into a tip and sanitize the room
i would wait till they got home and wait till they went upstairs. i would run up there and grab the little **** by its ear and pull it down the stairs and chuck it out the door.wouldnt even let the child in question back in the door of my home to get dragged down the stairs tbh. once they have let me down like that they r NEVER stepping in my door again and thats a promise

Cerys
22-07-2013, 06:13 PM
You're not straight?

where have you been for the past 2 years mr hayden!?!??!?!?!

MKR&*42
22-07-2013, 06:14 PM
where have you been for the past 2 years mr hayden!?!??!?!?!

I have legit always thought you were, are you lesbian or bi then cause I have no idea?

cornbix
22-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Firstly, I'd take them to church and hopefully get them removed of their sins. If that doesn't work, they'll be sent to a "curing" camp till the disease goes away, until they come home with a wife and kids I'd be happier to not see them again. The embarrassment of having a homosexual son/daughter disgusts me and it would be better for the pair of us if we didn't see each other again as it goes against my religious views/ways. The thought of two men/women together is putrid.

Cerys
22-07-2013, 06:16 PM
I have legit always thought you were, are you lesbian or bi then cause I have no idea?

bi.
i think you're very slow tbh ;P

o/t; theres nothing wrong with it guysss, it doesn't affect you so why should you care?!

Aiden
22-07-2013, 06:18 PM
bi.

o/t; theres nothing wrong with it guysss, it doesn't affect you so why should you care?!

whattttttt

and yea lol

MKR&*42
22-07-2013, 06:20 PM
bi.

what omg no it's cause u had a crush on a guy and I just assumed you were straight and didn't ever think you were bi :(

Derrener
A person is a person. Their sexuality shouldn't decide if you accept them or not. If my child came out as gay by or w.e I'd accept them, yes. They could one day be very successful [like Derren]

Cerys
whattttttt

and yea lol

what was the what for. not even talking to you ;///

+ hayden, that crush is still ongoing... ;s
I HAVE DONE SOMETHING ABOUT IT THOUGH. Be proud for me.

Bowie
22-07-2013, 06:26 PM
I have nothing against any sexual orientation, and I'm aware that people can change that view when it comes to their own children, but I believe if I were to have a child that was gay I would accept them.

I've always been a strong believer of the 'if it makes you happy, do it' kind of lifestyle - and I'd like my child(ren) in the future to be the same. I don't want them to conform and be pulled down by society's expectations and outlook.

cornbix
22-07-2013, 06:29 PM
A person is a person. Their sexuality shouldn't decide if you accept them or not. If my child came out as gay by or w.e I'd accept them, yes. They could one day be very successful [like Derren]

Whom is Darren?

Empired
22-07-2013, 06:30 PM
Whatever floats their boat lol. Even if I wasn't comfortable with it I wouldn't want to just "disown" them there and then on the spot. I would hope that we had a close enough relationship for me to be able to talk to them about it. Not to repel them from being gay, but just so I could bring myself to terms with it.

geo
22-07-2013, 06:41 PM
i wouldn't care what their sexual orientation was and like charlie i hope my kids would feel comfortable enough to talk to me about this kinda stuff and hopefully by the time i have kids (if i have kids) everyone will be accepting or atleast act like it and stop being homophobic so people don't have to worry about coming out

Derrener
22-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Whom is Darren?

A psychological illusionist.

O/T - I'm gay so it would only seem right too accept them.

Lewis
22-07-2013, 07:56 PM
This is the 21st century.

Humans have grown stronger, we have gained technology and power. Wars have happened. Good and bad have happened. But we are in the beginning of starting a great future, but honestly religion stops this.

Religion can be good for many reasons, but it also causes many bad things. One of God's rules is to not judge @CornbixID (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=112439); and @myles (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=115706);, perhaps you're the one's that need to be sent to "a curing camp" for your wrong.

If being gay/les/bi is wrong, let God, if he/she/it exists, to be the one who judges. Not you. You do not have the right.

And for those who think it without being religious, we are in the 2000s now. Get over it.

Animals aren't always straight either, y'know? There's nothing wrong with it. Just like there's nothing wrong with having a different skin color, voice or whatever.

uniqueusername
22-07-2013, 08:55 PM
If my child came out as gay then I wouldn't have a problem with it so long as they weren't extremely camp or extremely butch. Regardless though, I would never disown them.

Aiden
22-07-2013, 09:06 PM
This is the 21st century.

Humans have grown stronger, we have gained technology and power. Wars have happened. Good and bad have happened. But we are in the beginning of starting a great future, but honestly religion stops this.

Religion can be good for many reasons, but it also causes many bad things. One of God's rules is to not judge @CornbixID (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=112439); and @myles (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=115706);, perhaps you're the one's that need to be sent to "a curing camp" for your wrong.

If being gay/les/bi is wrong, let God, if he/she/it exists, to be the one who judges. Not you. You do not have the right.

And for those who think it without being religious, we are in the 2000s now. Get over it.

Animals aren't always straight either, y'know? There's nothing wrong with it. Just like there's nothing wrong with having a different skin color, voice or whatever.

Where in the

tenties lol
what would it be called?
the teens?
cuz like

'80 - eightys
'90 - nightys
2000 - 2 thousands

anyway

i agree with u !!!!!!

Samantha
22-07-2013, 09:30 PM
Where in the

tenties lol
what would it be called?
the teens?
cuz like

'80 - eightys
'90 - nightys
2000 - 2 thousands

anyway

i agree with u !!!!!!

2000-2009 is the Noughties.
2010-2012 is the Inbetweenies
2013-2019 is the Teenies.

It would work lmao.

I've grown up knowing that if I had turned out to be lesbian or bisexual then my parents would accept me no matter what, when and if I have children I will always adapt that belief as well - they can't help what sexual orientation they come out as, nor can anyone else, with my parents I believe one of mine isn't completely straight, so again I think that's also a reason why they would accept me. If someone wouldn't accept them, then that is their belief and I also believe as long as someone isn't ramming someone else's belief down another ones throat e.g. someone telling me that all homosexuals, bisexuals etc. are wrong then I believe it should be fine and is fine to believe what you want. I also don't judge my friends who aren't straight, family, work mates they're all just another person on Earth and all being the same would make it extremely boring. It's obvious the beliefs are being changed slightly as gay marriage has been passed, it is a shame not everyone will be ok with homosexuality or the like, but like I said, it's their beliefs and we shouldn't try to change them.

FlyingJesus
22-07-2013, 09:50 PM
I would totally freak out tbh, didn't even know I had a kid in the first place

Mark
22-07-2013, 10:54 PM
Yeah I would, as long as they play good tennis I'm easy whatever they are

lucaskf390
23-07-2013, 12:13 AM
Firstly, I'd take them to church and hopefully get them removed of their sins. If that doesn't work, they'll be sent to a "curing" camp till the disease goes away, until they come home with a wife and kids I'd be happier to not see them again. The embarrassment of having a homosexual son/daughter disgusts me and it would be better for the pair of us if we didn't see each other again as it goes against my religious views/ways. The thought of two men/women together is putrid.

Wow, I think exactly the same way. But remember, My church's doors are always opened for people trying to change.

--

Aiden
23-07-2013, 12:19 AM
Wow, I think exactly the same way. But remember, My church's doors are always opened for people trying to change.

--

You can't change them. :L

lucaskf390
23-07-2013, 12:22 AM
You can't change them. :L
Never said I can, conversion comes from within.

Aiden
23-07-2013, 12:24 AM
Never said I can, conversion comes from within.

You meaning everyone and everything.

If you did ''convert'' them, then they wouldn't of been gay in the first place.

MKR&*42
23-07-2013, 12:24 AM
I don't think people should be pressured to change what. They don't need to convert addgsxeas

Maybe we have to wait for the22nd century to become advanced..

Daltron
23-07-2013, 12:31 AM
It wouldn't change my view of the child if I had one lol

lucaskf390
23-07-2013, 12:32 AM
You meaning everyone and everything.

If you did ''convert'' them, then they wouldn't of been gay in the first place.

I don't convert, they convert themselves.

--

Jurv
23-07-2013, 12:47 AM
i wouldn't be bothered about their sexuality lol

geo
23-07-2013, 01:18 AM
wait do you actually think you can like... ungay people

pray it away

do they read the bible so many times that they're just 'cURED' ?????????

kasi
23-07-2013, 04:02 AM
if i had a gay kid, they would end up being my favorite

iSherlock
23-07-2013, 06:31 AM
I he or she (bi, lesbian, pan, trans) would become gay I wouldn't mind, as long as he success in life and becomes a happy man, then who the hell cares about his preferences.

So: Yes.

Zak
23-07-2013, 07:18 AM
I would yes but I would find it very difficult. My family is built on a strong non-gay attitude and I'm sure it wouldn't be a popular decision if my son chose to be gay but it's one of these things you learn to accept. Especially if you love your kids.

Interestingly enough I'd find it easier to accept that my daughter was a lesbian then if my son were gay. I suppose that's because I'm not attracted to men and don't see how anyone could be! Women are fit! .. Maybe I'm just being narrow-minded :)

Reality
23-07-2013, 07:39 AM
To be honest they are who they are agree with Empired;

Zelda
23-07-2013, 07:45 AM
I would certainly accept them tbh, I know how hard it is hiding that I'm bi from everyone irl and I really would want them to have all the support they desired.

Yawn
23-07-2013, 10:01 AM
I would yes but I would find it very difficult. My family is built on a strong non-gay attitude and I'm sure it wouldn't be a popular decision if my son chose to be gay but it's one of these things you learn to accept. Especially if you love your kids.

Interestingly enough I'd find it easier to accept that my daughter was a lesbian then if my son were gay. I suppose that's because I'm not attracted to men and don't see how anyone could be! Women are fit! .. Maybe I'm just being narrow-minded :)
funniest response yet

Zak
23-07-2013, 11:26 AM
funniest response yet

Why's that? :S

Yawn
23-07-2013, 11:48 AM
just is zak!

KatieDuckie.
23-07-2013, 12:12 PM
Of course I would there still the same person ;D.

Jazz
23-07-2013, 12:23 PM
It would be a bit hypocritical if I didn't tbh. Of course I would accept a gay child, I was brought up with an open mind and was always taught not to believe everything you're told. I would never make a child feel like they we're anything but human, everyone is an individual human being with different traits and strong points.

I think people who throw people (especially their kids) out for being different are terrible. You don't have to accept it, but throwing them on the streets is disgusting. My friend, who is the most lovely boy you will ever meet was thrown out by his Christian father.. This is one of the reasons why I have no respect for religious groups, it really shows how a book of opinions can narrow peoples minds in this age of society.

Yawn
23-07-2013, 12:55 PM
saying u dont respect any1 who is religious after ur 1st paragraph talking about how every1 is different

http://abload.de/img/yuffiem0uyi.gif

Catchy
23-07-2013, 01:05 PM

it's not a conscious decision lol...

FlyingJesus
23-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Zak would you be unaccepting of a straight daughter then since you don't understand how attraction to men works :P

Zak
23-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Zak would you be unaccepting of a straight daughter then since you don't understand how attraction to men works :P

Ahh you have me there.... I just think men are gross looking. To be honest if I have a girl then I probably won't like her boyfriend :P Overprotective dad >:]

it's not a conscious decision lol...

I wouldn't know :P

Jazz
23-07-2013, 03:09 PM
saying u dont respect any1 who is religious after ur 1st paragraph talking about how every1 is different

http://abload.de/img/yuffiem0uyi.gif

I said everyone was different, didn't say I had respect for all.

Aiden
23-07-2013, 03:30 PM
I think some religion groups are pretty dumb (the people, not the religion). I think they have the right to believe what they want, but not act on it! Not all religious people are like this though... :)

Religion is like dying out anyways lol

Absently
23-07-2013, 04:21 PM
yeah, I really wouldn't care whether my kid was gay or bisexual, it really doesn't bother me one bit. i have always been taught growing up that it was okay to be who you are (except if you are like a murderer or something?!?!?!?), and considering my mum thought at one stage i might have actually been a lesbian (not exactly sure why, probably because i wasn't very open about a lot of stuff) she always made it be known that it was completely fine all she wanted was to know whether or not. i'd just be glad enough that my child felt close enough to me to tell me.

cornbix
23-07-2013, 05:03 PM
Down with the gays!

Stephen
23-07-2013, 05:29 PM
aslong as he isn't one of them annoying gays that tip toes around acting more girly than a girl

karter
24-07-2013, 09:39 AM
I think I would be bothered but I wouldn't try to influence their decisions

Sho
24-07-2013, 10:06 AM
I wouldn't care at all, I'd never disown them or anything like that 'cause of it. I don't see how anyone could :(. My parents have always thought I was lesbian, not sure why, but they always ask me if I am and tell me that they wouldn't care if I was they just want me to talk to them about it etc. I'd want my child to be able to talk to me about it too instead of thinking I'd disown them once I knew :P.

cornbix
24-07-2013, 11:25 AM
I wouldn't care at all, I'd never disown them or anything like that 'cause of it. I don't see how anyone could :(. My parents have always thought I was lesbian, not sure why, but they always ask me if I am and tell me that they wouldn't care if I was they just want me to talk to them about it etc. I'd want my child to be able to talk to me about it too instead of thinking I'd disown them once I knew :P.

In all seriousness, if you disown your child for being gay then you are such a bad parent. I don't see how anyone could too.

Plegar
24-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Due to my upbringing and family heritage, it would simply be wrong for me to accept such an abomination. My family has a strong history and we are very proud of this, I can’t see a homosexual being accepted within our household. Let us look at Mark 10. 1-12 – “[A] man shall leave his father and mother, and be made one with his wife and the two shall become one flesh.” The commander of these words is God, in his eyes homosexual relations is wrong. This is an unambiguous line. It was one of the sins that justified God in giving land of Canaan to the Israelites. There are several verses in the Bible that contest that homosexuality is wrong in the eyes of God. God has a great bearing over our family heritage, we simply can’t disagree with God.

Phil
25-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Due to my upbringing and family heritage, it would simply be wrong for me to accept such an abomination. My family has a strong history and we are very proud of this, I can’t see a homosexual being accepted within our household. Let us look at Mark 10. 1-12 – “[A] man shall leave his father and mother, and be made one with his wife and the two shall become one flesh.” The commander of these words is God, in his eyes homosexual relations is wrong. This is an unambiguous line. It was one of the sins that justified God in giving land of Canaan to the Israelites. There are several verses in the Bible that contest that homosexuality is wrong in the eyes of God. God has a great bearing over our family heritage, we simply can’t disagree with God.

Where does it say in that quote that homosexuality is wrong? Not talking about you specifically, I just have you quoted but some of the comments in this thread disgust me. I accept peoples views but some comments are just unnecessary.

If I had a gay son he'd be FABULOUS!

-:Undertaker:-
25-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Where does it say in that quote that homosexuality is wrong? Not talking about you specifically, I just have you quoted but some of the comments in this thread disgust me. I accept peoples views but some comments are just unnecessary.

I think it's pretty obvious how that quote excludes homosexuality as it's made clear time and time again in the Bible that the correct human relationship/union in the eyes of God is one between a man and a woman who then give birth and the process is repeated over and over.

Endless quotes condemning homosexuality throughout the Holy Book and promoting male-female relatinships - it's rather like the gay marriage debate. Some smart arses attempt to be clever and say 'well the Bible doesn't say anything about gay marriage so therefore how can you be against it on religious/cultural grounds' when, as US Talkshow host Michael Savage put it, people 2,000 years ago weren't that stupid that they needed it spelled out for them that gay marriage wasn't approved of by scripture because it's clear that homosexuality is condemned by scripture therefore the concept of gay 'marriage' is condemned by its very nature.

Yawn
25-07-2013, 06:45 PM
I think it's pretty obvious how that quote excludes homosexuality as it's made clear time and time again in the Bible that the correct human relationship/union in the eyes of God is one between a man and a woman who then give birth and the process is repeated over and over.

Endless quotes condemning homosexuality throughout the Holy Book and promoting male-female relatinships - it's rather like the gay marriage debate. Some smart arses attempt to be clever and say 'well the Bible doesn't say anything about gay marriage so therefore how can you be against it on religious/cultural grounds' when, as US Talkshow host Michael Savage put it, people 2,000 years ago weren't that stupid that they needed it spelled out for them that gay marriage wasn't approved of by scripture because it's clear that homosexuality is condemned by scripture therefore the concept of gay 'marriage' is condemned by its very nature.wud u accept gay child undertaker?

25-07-2013, 06:55 PM
wud u accept gay child undertaker?

I think it depends what you mean by the term accept. To accept something in my eyes is to accept is as a fact of life, something that is real and happening - whereas to deny would simply mean pretending otherwise for your own self comfort/other reasons. So i'd accept it yes.

But that's different to approval.

goofyjadico
25-07-2013, 06:57 PM
I'm not religious at all, so I wouldn't care.

magnalolkk
25-07-2013, 07:33 PM
Well If I already had one straight child that would keep the family + last name going, I would be fine.
I wouldn't throw the child out or anything crazy like the other posts.

Meanies
25-07-2013, 09:30 PM
It'd be the child's choice as to whether they're straight or homosexual so I'd accept them either way, so long as they'd be happy in themselves.

Munex
25-07-2013, 10:52 PM
Of course I'd accept and approve of a gay child. I wouldn't wish it upon them as it may cause them difficulties and stress, but if that's who they are, it's fine with me.

Anybody that uses religion to justify their own intolerance are single-minded fools that have completely misplaced the concept of religion in their minds. "I can't accept you because someone else told me I can't accept you" -- what a completely idiotic and obviously objectionable thing to say. If you allow religion to manipulate your beliefs, you are nothing but a coward.

Plegar
25-07-2013, 11:22 PM

The Bible clearly states on numerous occasions that it does not support homosexual relations. According to the Bible, relations are to be between a man and a woman so that the pair may breed. I feel that -:Undertaker:- has summed it up perfectly.

Samantha
25-07-2013, 11:37 PM
I think it depends what you mean by the term accept. To accept something in my eyes is to accept is as a fact of life, something that is real and happening - whereas to deny would simply mean pretending otherwise for your own self comfort/other reasons. So i'd accept it yes.

But that's different to approval.

Do you not have approval of yourself then? Do you just accept yourself? You are gay aren't you, sorry if you're not, I thought someone said you were as that was upsetting :P?

FlyingJesus
25-07-2013, 11:38 PM

That's actually Jesus quoting a Mosiac passage from Genesis to condemn divorce, not homosexuality. If you want to quote it direct from Genesis consider that the laws of the Old Covenant should not apply to Christians as the entire point of the Christ is to bring new law and new life to do away with the old

Plegar
25-07-2013, 11:41 PM
That's actually Jesus quoting a Mosiac passage from Genesis to condemn divorce, not homosexuality. If you want to quote it direct from Genesis consider that the laws of the Old Covenant should not apply to Christians as the entire point of the Christ is to bring new law and new life to do away with the old
y u gerrin lary doe.

FlyingJesus
25-07-2013, 11:55 PM
Who

26-07-2013, 12:04 AM
Do you not have approval of yourself then? Do you just accept yourself? You are gay aren't you, sorry if you're not, I thought someone said you were as that was upsetting :P?

I accept it as a fact of life, but that doesn't mean it's right or moral just because it now applies to me - which is why I resist it even if I don't want to and have done for the past four/five years odd. And i've tried convincing myself otherwise but the arguments simply do not stack up that I have so far read. The Bible is clear on the issue, there is no way around it. It would be wrong of me to lie to myself, be dishonest to myself and make it 'right' or moral in my head just to make it easier for me.

FlyingJesus
26-07-2013, 12:06 AM
You're right the Bible is very clear on the issue - it very clearly states in all of the prophecies of the coming of Christ that He will cause the Old Law to become null and void because He brings the New Covenant. If you believe that Jesus was the Christ then you follow only His laws (which don't mention homosexuality at all), and if you don't believe that then you're not a Christian by definition

26-07-2013, 12:12 AM
You're right the Bible is very clear on the issue - it very clearly states in all of the prophecies of the coming of Christ that He will cause the Old Law to become null and void because He brings the New Covenant. If you believe that Jesus was the Christ then you follow only His laws (which don't mention homosexuality at all), and if you don't believe that then you're not a Christian by definition

The Biblical excuses so far put forth by Matthew Vines (if you are familiar with that viral video) in his hour or so long lecture I found quite interesting - that was until I came across thesehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9XrHu2uopI series of recordings rebutting those usual excuses.

But aside from the Biblical debate, I have other problems with the issue too - from culture, science to health. A complex issue.

FlyingJesus
26-07-2013, 01:47 AM
The first of the James White vids literally tries stating that the quote in Mark 10 is in relation to gay sex which is a flat lie. He then for the rest of his arguments relies on the supposition that homosexuality (as an orientation/temptation rather than act) is a choice and that it's impossible for gay people to be monogamous lol - and even more wildly that heterosexual people are almost always looking out for long-term relationships with one person. Not sure which rock he got his doctorate under but it certainly wasn't one with a link to the real world

I know that you aren't interested in the Biblical view alone but if you're going to use it as a source of your ideals at all can I ask why you don't so actively despise bacon or prawns :P realistically one ought to be a supersessionist in full or not at all I'd have thought, otherwise it's just pick-and-choose morality which you don't appear to be a fan of

AgnesIO
26-07-2013, 10:28 PM
I'd be disappointed, but I wouldn't not accept them...

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk 2

despect
02-08-2013, 02:34 PM
How could you not accept them? Gay as a sexuality is becoming more frequent these days although some people in society may not accept it/like it, theres no harm in it.

So to answer the question, yes id accept my child he/she said they are gay, i mean it'd be a bit hypocritical as i am gay myself :P.

.:Wahu:.
02-08-2013, 03:22 PM
While I do believe in God and I do identify myself as a Catholic (I mean barely I'm only technically baptised), I absolutely would accept my child if they turned out to be gay, lesbian, bisexual whatever the case.
Firstly they are my child, I have never had a problem with the homosexual community, in fact some of my good friends are gay/lesbian/bi. They are just humans like the rest of us, only difference is the like the same sex.

Calum0812
02-08-2013, 06:58 PM
I'd be disappointed, but I wouldn't not accept them...

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk 2
Do you mean but you would accept them?

This thread is actually very split in opinions. Makes for an interesting read!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!