PDA

View Full Version : UK economy 'on the mend' after 0.6% growth, says chancellor

Chippiewill
25-07-2013, 08:35 PM
The UK economy is "on the mend" after figures showed it grew by 0.6% in the three months to June, said Chancellor George Osborne.

Output grew in the construction, manufacturing, services and agriculture sectors according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS).

It said the figure meant the economy has recouped more than half the 7.2% of output lost in the 2008-09 recession.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23446056

Looks like we're finally on an upward trajectory.

-:Undertaker:-
25-07-2013, 09:06 PM
"All is well!" cried the deputy captain of the HMS Britannia as the bow sank beneath the waves.

The unemployment figures are fixed, the inflation figure is fixed and the debt figure is fixed. One big great ponzi scheme, a house of cards.

Chippiewill
25-07-2013, 09:31 PM
The unemployment figures are fixed, the inflation figure is fixed and the debt figure is fixed. One big great ponzi scheme, a house of cards.
Sometimes you can only handle one thing at a time, I'd be sceptical of any plan which will mend the economy and the debt at the same time.

-:Undertaker:-
26-07-2013, 03:10 AM
Sometimes you can only handle one thing at a time, I'd be sceptical of any plan which will mend the economy and the debt at the same time.

That depends on your world view. Economic debates after all can be stripped back to the basic debate which is; how and who should allocate resources and wealth? the state or the individual. I back the individual. Until state spending is slashed back, there will be no real recovery as one day that debt will have to be paid back... by the wealth producing sector of the economy which is the private sector.

Small state, minimal state spending, low tax, low regulation - works every time although with a few bumps along the way.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!