PDA

View Full Version : Theatredrome's back... annnddd you're welcome.

Spiffy
02-08-2013, 02:29 PM
http://oi40.tinypic.com/mbiglh.jpg

Daltron
02-08-2013, 02:35 PM
Thank god it's back I was so worried :p

Lewis
02-08-2013, 02:36 PM
halleluuuuujah.... Halleluuuuuuuuuuuuujah... Halleluuuuja, halleluuuuuuuuuuuuuohhhhhuuuuja!

yay never noticed it was gone though. I want the other public rooms back :(

Daltron
02-08-2013, 02:39 PM
It'd be kool if they made some more of the old rooms in modern style. Wouldn't mind the zen garden

e5
02-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Can we ask for the hallways to come back LOLl

iBlueBox
02-08-2013, 02:43 PM
no one uses public rooms much compared to old days

Spiffy
02-08-2013, 02:45 PM

That's funny because even back in the old days that's what everyone said about those rooms, too. it's just NICE to have them there

---------- Post added 02-08-2013 at 06:45 PM ----------

TALK TO POWERTOO HONESTLY, everyone should band together and do this!!

---------- Post added 02-08-2013 at 06:47 PM ----------

halleluuuuujah.... Halleluuuuuuuuuuuuujah... Halleluuuuja, halleluuuuuuuuuuuuuohhhhhuuuuja!

yay never noticed it was gone though. I want the other public rooms back :(

Talk to powertoo. She really seems like she could make some serious changes if we all, as a fansite, along with everyone else, talk to her about public rooms and be serious about bringing them back. We can do this! it's our community!

Chrisbud1
02-08-2013, 02:47 PM
That's funny because even back in the old days that's what everyone said about those rooms, too. it's just NICE to have them there

---------- Post added 02-08-2013 at 06:45 PM ----------

TALK TO POWERTOO HONESTLY, everyone should band together and do this!!

k WE CAN DO THIS LMAO

e5
02-08-2013, 02:51 PM
Yeah, because they're all gone lmao?

lemons
02-08-2013, 02:54 PM
i don't use any of the public rooms apart from w/l and i still use that rarely

Spiffy
02-08-2013, 03:27 PM
as always, the option's nice to have and not taken away from the majority who do like to go to those rooms.

iBlueBox
02-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Yeah, because they're all gone lmao?

But even the current ones can still be pretty empty.

e5
02-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Yer because they're not the same as the old ones :P

But even the current ones can still be pretty empty.

iBlueBox
02-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Yer because they're not the same as the old ones :P

Didn't they have to change so you could zoom in though?

I think part of the problem though is that theres no clear indication to whats a public room and what's built by habbos.. I know theres still the 'public' room page on the navigator but with events rooms and all that being put on there can be rather confusing.

FlyingPigs
02-08-2013, 04:55 PM

I think part of the problem though is that theres no clear indication to whats a public room and what's built by habbos.. I know theres still the 'public' room page on the navigator but with events rooms and all that being put on there can be rather confusing.

I believe they just didn't want to recode them when beta came out. They worked in beta, but had problems (don't know what though)

e5
02-08-2013, 05:28 PM
All rooms are pretty much private rooms now made into public rooms, all have like clickable furni...

uniqueusername
02-08-2013, 05:31 PM

LMAO!

Edited by e5 (Forum Moderator) - Please do not post pointlessly.

Spiffy
02-08-2013, 05:59 PM
All rooms are pretty much private rooms now made into public rooms, all have like clickable furni...

The guest room versions of public rooms does not equal a public room. what we have now is a mockery. if the habbo devs could re-code snowstorm back for us, they could re-code the old rooms and bring them back as-is. no one asked for them to be zoomed in like guest rooms ffs.

-Nick
02-08-2013, 06:08 PM
The funny thing is that they are willing to do that, and not sort out other things e.g bans, stopping people from spamming retro links, trying to pull the community together! Hopeless :S

MKR&*42
02-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Oh my God there are much bigger issues to fix than public rooms. The welcome lounge is still moderately popular and the picnic or w.e it's called is usually busy when I go in there.

Community interaction, dreadful state of customer support, moderation, clutter of UIs, bringing back minimail system, sorting out forums (if they are ever going to return -.-) and lots more are much bigger issues than public rooms. They are probably at the bottom of the list and I really don't blame Sulake considering the bolded issues are ruining the hotel more than public rooms.

there are also a large percentage of new users (so don't try and say *it will revive the old spirit that members need* when half of them weren't even around for old public rooms) zafsgwrsgfdagrgdfsg. It's an issue but it's not a large one just be happy they even brought them back in any state at all 'cause they really didn't have to.

jfc.

Bradley.
02-08-2013, 07:06 PM
mm so they lied that they couldn't come back due to code flash shockwave w.e lol

Cupids
02-08-2013, 07:08 PM
I miss the old public rooms

Hyru
03-08-2013, 01:50 AM
I remember when they brought back the Hallway for a while. It was packed everyday. Not sure why they got rid of it again.

Spiffy
03-08-2013, 03:32 PM
Oh my God there are much bigger issues to fix than public rooms. The welcome lounge is still moderately popular and the picnic or w.e it's called is usually busy when I go in there.

Community interaction, dreadful state of customer support, moderation, clutter of UIs, bringing back minimail system, sorting out forums (if they are ever going to return -.-) and lots more are much bigger issues than public rooms. They are probably at the bottom of the list and I really don't blame Sulake considering the bolded issues are ruining the hotel more than public rooms.

there are also a large percentage of new users (so don't try and say *it will revive the old spirit that members need* when half of them weren't even around for old public rooms) zafsgwrsgfdagrgdfsg. It's an issue but it's not a large one just be happy they even brought them back in any state at all 'cause they really didn't have to.

jfc.

I can tell you're frustrated, and that's fine, you have every right to be.

Customer support has been very flawed, even before the merge. I remember the shock I got the day I logged in to Habbo UK to find Spiffy permed. At the time, BT Click & Buy was one of the options to buy stuff with. The reason for the perm was that when BT took the money to buy my HC, the card being used didn't have enough money in. Habbo assumed I stole without paying so they permed me. I pestered customer support to no avail. Finally, Mod-0rca personally gave me a random number in the UK to call (probably Habbo HQ UK) and I explained the situation. Guess what? Because of that call, I got un-permed.

I did some web sluething and some people unfortunately weren't as lucky, see this thread: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=36535

Customer support will continue to be less than stellar until they decide to open up a hotline where you can talk to a real person. Google Customer Support does that, so why can't Sulake?

In my personal opinion, moderation has gotten worse without Hobbas patrolling the hotel. Hobbas worked with mods who promptly put things in order and things were taken care of asap. Now we just get half-arsed LATE auto messages like "There is no evidence in the chat log". Clutter of UIs is again Sulake's fault because they laid off a lot of staff.

Yurre was the one interacting with the community, noting down our issues to pass on. So did Kitano with his Soapbox. Where are they now? Fired. Everything you see that's wrong about Habbo now is all Sulake's fault. What makes Habbo worth re-visiting is the community and friendship making. Right now you can't do that due to lack of people even wanting to STAY on like back in the day, UK Habbo got 10k users, don't the bosses in suits not think 'hmm what did we do wrong? was it the merge? was it letting go of important people that helped give the hotel some character?" Everything now is basically, buy furni or stay bored on Habbo.

Public Rooms were and ARE a staple of Habbo. The new users would love to roam the Hallways just like we were able to, instead of being confined to user-owned rooms (where a lot of people are trolls tbh) i'd rather be in a good looking public room where i'm not going to get kicked for sitting in the wrong seat. And FYI, I spoke to new users who weren't around for the older rooms, but once they've seen screenshots, they were 100% on board to bring them back. So there's your argument gone, lol.

And to make this rant a little less tense, here's a screenshot of powertoo enabling pets in the Theatredrome back in January, enjoy. :)

http://oi41.tinypic.com/2uix8g4.jpg

MKR&*42
03-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Public Rooms were and ARE a staple of Habbo. The new users would love to roam the Hallways just like we were able to, instead of being confined to user-owned rooms (where a lot of people are trolls tbh) i'd rather be in a good looking public room where i'm not going to get kicked for sitting in the wrong seat. And FYI, I spoke to new users who weren't around for the older rooms, but once they've seen screenshots, they were 100% on board to bring them back. So there's your argument gone, lol.

I guarantee you didn't just show them a screenshot and probably attempted to glorify them. I honestly do not see a gigantic problem at the moment with public rooms (minus the fact there's so few like wtf I want Zen Garden) and at the end of the day they are modernised to match Habbo Beta or whatever crap UI we're on atm, it would look terrible having such an outdated room in a modern "hotel". When you could still access them through room links it was great fun, but they honestly didn't fit in at all.

Spiffy
03-08-2013, 04:15 PM
I guarantee you didn't just show them a screenshot and probably attempted to glorify them.

I didn't know merely mentioning habborator's archives meant glorifying old public rooms. Some of the new users found them on their own and struck up a conversation about it with me, so don't jump to conclusions. Every point you and I have made are equally important so this shouldn't even be a conversation over what needs to be handled first :rolleyes:

MKR&*42
03-08-2013, 04:19 PM
I didn't know merely mentioning habborator's archives meant glorifying old public rooms. Some of the new users found them on their own and struck up a conversation about it with me, so don't jump to conclusions. Every point you and I have made are equally important so this shouldn't even be a conversation over what needs to be handled first :rolleyes:

If you explore through Habborator's archives (and not just stick to the public rooms page as i doubt they did) then you probably would want back every old feature of Habbo which is unrealistic.

Swinkid
03-08-2013, 04:38 PM

I miss thoes days ahahah

Spiffy
03-08-2013, 04:46 PM
If you explore through Habborator's archives (and not just stick to the public rooms page as i doubt they did) then you probably would want back every old feature of Habbo which is unrealistic.

Ew, I don't want every old feature back. Please stop trying to act like this is an issue that's snowballing into Habbo regressing to everything it used to be around 2003 ffs.

MKR&*42
03-08-2013, 04:49 PM
Ew, I don't want every old feature back. Please stop trying to act like this is an issue that's snowballing into Habbo regressing to everything it used to be around 2003 ffs.

Didn't say you, I was on about the new users who stumbled across the pages.

Mr-Trainor
03-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Glad to see it back, although it's not my favourite public room :P.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!