PDA

View Full Version : Fear of transport

Cerys
02-08-2013, 07:14 PM
Ok this probably sounds really stupid but usually my 'fear' of transport is based on just planes only, so it's very hard for me to fly without crying and thinking im gonna die. honestly i really panic haha
but recently I've started fearing freaking coaches and ferries.. im off on a long trip to the south of france tomorrow which i am dreading because all thats running through my mind is that the coach will crash and we will all die. im such a positive person... It's not that I haven't done long coach trips before, I went to italy via coach just in april! so why this fear has suddenly started now is beyond me.

I really dunno what to do cos I cant let my fear of this sort of thing rule my life - i wanna travel and see the world and coach was my only option due to flying not ever gonna happen, but if im scared to death of them too... ugh

Does anyone have any idea of why all of these fears are suddenly appearing? what the fudge to i do about it ;/ ive tried to just 'get over it' but its harder than it sounds ahaa

any help is much appreciated cos i really dont want to live my life in fear, but the whole scared of it thing is out of control.. ;/

lemons
02-08-2013, 07:27 PM
you've probably become more worried about it because you think about it too much or because of what you see on the news etc

just remember that the odds of you being in a serious incident are veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy y low

myles
02-08-2013, 07:50 PM
yes like zitrone said it may be based on the news and probably millions and millions of coaches around the world that travel around the globe on a daily basis and one crashes once in a blue moon??????? the odds are probably 1:100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000

Catchy
02-08-2013, 07:56 PM
well you can't never go on holiday because there's a chance you might die. you might spontaneously combust right now and burst into flames but the chances of that well... very slim. what my mum says to me: if it crashes it crashes.

OldLoveSong
02-08-2013, 08:02 PM
im scared of public transport aka buses idk why this is...................

Stephen
02-08-2013, 08:11 PM
just gtf on the coach

if you crash then you crash
if you die then you die

live each day as if it's your last.. as it could very well be

DUNDUNDUNDUN

Jurv
03-08-2013, 02:35 AM
just tell yourself that you don't wanna live in fear and loathing

and that you'd rather feel like you're floating instead of constantly exploding DUH

Bradley.
05-08-2013, 12:20 AM
just do it and it will go away

H488041!f3
05-08-2013, 01:05 AM
Haha I personally think that being afraid of any mode transportation is silly. I just read a small article that mentioned that more people are killed by donkeys than by plane crashes... lol seems kinda ridiculous don't it?

http://blog.quickmeme.com/post/1031189186/mind-blowing-facts-about-death

I know death is a kind of dark topic but they're actually kinda interesting^

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!