PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever told someone you like them..

syko2006
07-08-2013, 01:16 AM
And they didn't feel the same? And how did you react? Did it make things awkward or did things stay the same?

Also, do you believe that if you do find yourself liking someone as more than a friend but you know they don't feel the same that you should tell them, or just keep it to yourself?

Thoughts?

lawrawrrr
07-08-2013, 01:28 AM
Er kinda, twice.

First one was just a little crush and I told him but he told me he wasn't really interested because he was gay (he must be now bi mind you crycry lucky girl)

Second one was, well we got together after we'd both had a few, I knew he was attracted to me and we'd flirted before, but the next day he told me that it wasn't the right timing, even though we talked and I told him how I felt, he still wasn't interested. I took it really badly, I basically avoided him for 3 months, we didn't speak until February. The first few days were probably the darkest days of my life and I spent them drowning in alcohol - I have a SCAR from the night after that I don't even remember getting.

*anyway a few months later we got together again and 6 months later we're still together so yknow idk if that counts*

Also, do you believe that if you do find yourself liking someone as more than a friend but you know they don't feel the same that you should tell them, or just keep it to yourself?

I think you should keep it to yourself if there's a possibility it's going make things awkward. I usually say honesty is the best policy but...

FlyingJesus
07-08-2013, 01:51 AM
Yep when I was like 11 lmao more recently I've said it and they didn't say that they don't feel the same but said they don't know how they feel which is kinda worse since it keeps you hanging on woo fun

I tend to be quite upfront with people idk there aren't many I like ever really so not a problem for me often

despect
07-08-2013, 06:26 AM
Yep i have. It made it really awkward seeing as this person was my best friend and it was so awkward because we didn't really know what to say to each other.

Samantha.
07-08-2013, 06:53 AM
No I haven't, I'm always too scared to just in case they don't like me back so I wait for them to say it first haha!

sex
07-08-2013, 06:53 AM
no i haven't in case they say exactly that

wixard
07-08-2013, 09:19 AM
well i haven't actually said it directly to someone but last year i liked this boy who i've had a lot of history with and we were getting together when we went out but not actually talking so i finally said to my friend to ask if he wanted more and then she sat me down WITH MY OTHER FRIEND and told me he said 'he just wanted to be alone right now' aka I DON'T LIKE YOU. (he got a gf after like a month) and it was so embarrassing and i wanted to die and my other friend was like 'oh well....' and no

never doing it again, that wasn't even direct face to face, i can only imagine how horrible face to face would be

MKR&*42
07-08-2013, 09:20 AM
@The first bit, to an extent

@Last sentence - think you should spend a little while just making sure it's not a small crush you're gonna get over, but after that you should just go out and tell them cause yolo. No 'cause it kills you to keep a secret like that and it's muchhhh easier to just come out with it.
--
Oh I read it wrong, no I still think it'd be a lot of your chest so go for it.

Zak
07-08-2013, 09:24 AM
No but people have told me that they liked me.. and I didn't feel the same. It's.. awkward to say the least :P

Mark
07-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Yeah all the time orientalframe?; :'(

orientalframe?
07-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Yeah all the time orientalframe?; :'(

mwah x

nope, and for that reason i never say how i feel haha. i'm always too scared like sam said, so i wait for them to say it first :(

Mark
07-08-2013, 09:51 AM
mwah x

nope, and for that reason i never say how i feel haha. i'm always too scared like sam said, so i wait for them to say it first :(

Fs I say it all the time though...

Matt
07-08-2013, 10:16 AM
I don't ask people much but have never been in that position. Although i have actually said to someone I don't like them in that way l0l

geo
07-08-2013, 12:27 PM
errrrr i've told one person really and they didn't feel the same. it made things very awkward and ruined it all so neverrr again. now i just tend to like people, know they don't like me back sooo i don't say anything.

H488041!f3
07-08-2013, 01:14 PM
I told someone I lied them and they didn't feel the same way. The sting lasted a little bit, but I realised honesty is better than lying even if it may seem right at the time. Honestly, I'm a little more careful now, I "test the waters" yknow? Like not outright saying it but kind of hinting, and if I don't get good vibes then I know it's not going to happen. Like an incognito way of them you like them, you both know what you mean but ain't saying it.

wiktoria
07-08-2013, 02:08 PM
errrrr i've told one person really and they didn't feel the same. it made things very awkward and ruined it all so neverrr again. now i just tend to like people, know they don't like me back sooo i don't say anything.
ye you did ruin it we can never be friends again

Catchy
07-08-2013, 02:23 PM
okay funny story here

i was in primary school year 6 and i had a crush on this girl really bad (lol i think she's the reason i'm gay) i really really really liked her she was one of my best friends and i was proper in love but daren't say anything and then on one valentines day i plucked up the courage to text her and i remember the text so vividy it was something like "if you go out with me you will make me the happiest boy in the world" or something cringe lmao anyway i got a text back saying "no i hate you." I WAS HEART BROKEN :( then had to make a massive excuse how my sister stole my phone and did it as a joke!!!

ANYWAY she left to go on holiday and i was leaving school so i never had the chance to say goodbye:( but then weirdly enough she started at the same college when i was in year 13! AWKWARD

Yawn
07-08-2013, 02:58 PM
AWWW CATCHY

im never gonna tell any1 i like them EVER now after the stories in this thread :boohoo:

Catchy
07-08-2013, 03:18 PM
AWWW CATCHY

im never gonna tell any1 i like them EVER now after the stories in this thread :boohoo:

IT WAS TRAUMATIC

karter
07-08-2013, 03:44 PM
oh god mine is more or less like catchy's.

i was 14 and was playing truth or dare among my friends and there was this girl, she was so beautiful omg so anyways someone asked me who do u wanna go out with from among us and i said her name and she cringed so bad aaah. then she got a question about what she thought about me and i dont remember clearly but i think she said i am really awkward and she'd prefer to stay away from me

...it's a cruel world out there :boohoo:

wixard
07-08-2013, 03:50 PM
this threads depressing

http://31.media.tumblr.com/99bafff4adfa99a064a2434495370ddf/tumblr_mq3fv8Numr1s53v7bo1_500.gifhttp://24.media.tumblr.com/245b0bf2b82b7adf11afc24d1b7e0223/tumblr_mludww3vWg1sportyo1_500.gif

buttons
07-08-2013, 04:08 PM
ive always told people i like them if i really do fancy them and not just like find them good looking, i can't keep it in nor hide it lol thankfully most have liked me back

although once i really liked this guy and after multiple hints, i told him i liked him and all he asked was "why do you think you like me?" and also "i figured you like me". after that we carried on like id never said it so i guess that's as bad as rejection lolol maybe in future he will tell me about how in love he was with me really...

have u ever had that when you crushed on someone then years later u find out they crushed on u too COZ THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME TWICE & have also had old small crushes like me in later life too hahahahahahaha i fancied the pants off my bros best friend from school (who is 4 years old) and ended up getting with him for a bit when i was 18 lol

myles
07-08-2013, 04:12 PM
dont need 2

http://25.media.tumblr.com/89a6b89d61f14c695186b821d53a7c77/tumblr_mog0dcvjzD1rzfo9do4_250.gif

Chris
07-08-2013, 04:40 PM
And they didn't feel the same? And how did you react? Did it make things awkward or did things stay the same?

Yeah and then it was awkward for a while but fine after that

Thoughts?

I found myself in this situation a few months ago. Ultimately I decided not to say anything as it was too much of a risk and not one I was willing to take as it could have ruined the friendship completely.

dbgtz
07-08-2013, 04:50 PM
Once many years ago. Screwed me up for a while and it annoyed me until recently when I realised she was actually a rather horrible person lol.

noddy
yes but accepted it straight away and moved on

i dont really get shy about that kind of stuff tbh

Catchy
ive always told people i like them if i really do fancy them and not just like find them good looking, i can't keep it in nor hide it lol thankfully most have liked me back

although once i really liked this guy and after multiple hints, i told him i liked him and all he asked was "why do you think you like me?" and also "i figured you like me". after that we carried on like id never said it so i guess that's as bad as rejection lolol maybe in future he will tell me about how in love he was with me really...

have u ever had that when you crushed on someone then years later u find out they crushed on u too COZ THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME TWICE & have also had old small crushes like me in later life too hahahahahahaha i fancied the pants off my bros best friend from school (who is 4 years old) and ended up getting with him for a bit when i was 18 lol

you sick ****

buttons
07-08-2013, 05:31 PM
you sick ****
lmfao awkward,i meant 4 yr older

syko2006
08-08-2013, 12:36 AM
Interesting responses! I only ask because I'm curious to see how many people are in/have been in the same boat as me.

Sloths
08-08-2013, 06:36 AM
Twice, although the first time I told my friend as a secret who ended up telling him :/ He did kinda like me back though and we talked like all the time and hung out and things and then he asked out his best friend.. other one liked me back though so we're going good.
Normally I'm way too scared to tell anyone who I like let alone the actual person especially after that incident.. I'm really secretive about stuff like that.

I think if you have the feeling that they may like you back you should go for it otherwise keep it to yourself for a while until you know which way they're feeling.

Shar
08-08-2013, 06:56 AM
If I'm unsure I wouldn't.

Daltron
08-08-2013, 08:03 AM
Yeah I have and it's worked out fine :P

Amberr
08-08-2013, 09:01 AM
Early high school I told a couple of people I like them as it was the 'cool' thing to do at our school. Cringe. Now though I would never tell someone I liked them, I'm always to scared :(.

Sharon
08-08-2013, 10:53 PM
I've said it once in a serious sense, that I remember and he liked me back, but he liked someone else more and didn't want a relationship lolol.

Other guy it was obvious that he liked me back because we got together extremely (too) quickly which ended up not working because it was too rushed and with the other other guy he liked me first and we got together, recently ended because I didn't actually have feelings towards him

Circadia
09-08-2013, 02:42 PM
I recently told the boy I like that I like him after 4 years of liking him.
It was over Facebook because I wouldn't dare do it face to face and he just ignored my first message so I sent him another and he replied with sorry Its hard to take in and that he forgot I sent the message
So in the future I'm just going to keep it too myself because now he ignores me and I used to be quite close with him.
Still not over it though ;l

wiktoria
09-08-2013, 04:32 PM
I recently told the boy I like that I like him after 4 years of liking him.
It was over Facebook because I wouldn't dare do it face to face and he just ignored my first message so I sent him another and he replied with sorry Its hard to take in and that he forgot I sent the message
So in the future I'm just going to keep it too myself because now he ignores me and I used to be quite close with him.
Still not over it though ;l

wow that's horrible he's just making things more awkward

Circadia
09-08-2013, 06:07 PM
wow that's horrible he's just making things more awkward

Tbh I knew he didn't like me back it was just frustrating me that I kept it to myself for 4 years so its more my own fault than his. I was really happy 3 days previous to the first message I sent him because he asked for a photo with me at prom and then I ruined it aha

Phil
09-08-2013, 10:06 PM
Well there was this girl and I told her that I liked her. I knew she didn't feel the same way because she really liked some other guy. She was one of my best friends in the world and I was mad about her. It was coming up to exams and she was all I could think about so I had to tell her because it was eating me alive! Anyway, she didn't feel the same way but nothing changed between us, she still came to me for advice with the other guy and stuff because tbh it's exactly what I wanted.

So we continued being friends and I tried getting over her but it never really happened. Like two months later she told me that she has started to have feelings for me so we started dating a few weeks later. That was two years ago this month and I couldn't be happier.

I do think you should tell people even if you don't think they don't like you back, you never know what might come of it. It's better to be shot down than let it eat you alive and go your life without knowing.

Sorry for the essay :(

wiktoria
10-08-2013, 12:33 PM
Tbh I knew he didn't like me back it was just frustrating me that I kept it to myself for 4 years so its more my own fault than his. I was really happy 3 days previous to the first message I sent him because he asked for a photo with me at prom and then I ruined it aha

it's not your fault that you like him!!! if he didn't make things awkward you could prob still be friends!! i think it's good that you told him because at least now you know how he feels so it's gonna be easier to get over him. the way he reacted was so stupid and childish though. :/

Gibs960
10-08-2013, 01:01 PM
I suppose it's uncomfortable at first to talk and stuff but if you ignore it, it just gets worst! But, I never actually tell someone, basically cos I cba with a relationship at this age, cos none of us would be mature enough emotionally and sexually.

Becca
10-08-2013, 01:44 PM
i have actually never told someone i like them
am i missing out on excitement or what but i suppose i hint it

Kardan
10-08-2013, 11:19 PM
No, but I've had it the other way around 3 times. Awkward.

Rachel
11-08-2013, 03:41 AM
Yes this has happened maybe once when I was in high school. I did feel akward after a few days when I was seeing him but you eventually move on. Everyone has different reactions in situations like this. It was actually my crush since I was in grade 1 and we actually decided to stay friends and we are very good friends today! =]

Just don't be ashame of yourself if it happens. When the right person will be there for you, you will know :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!