PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to buy a AVI wireless thing

GoldenMerc
07-08-2013, 10:16 PM
Where i can have my xbox using vga and push it into another room, cant remember the name of one, wanting to spend at max £80 can anyone rec?
Ross

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Stephen!
08-08-2013, 01:27 PM
I don't have any to recommend since they are all junk and have incredible input lag. I'm talking 1-2 seconds after you push a button on the controller the feed updates. They are really only meant for watching TV.

GoldenMerc
08-08-2013, 01:31 PM
I don't have any to recommend since they are all junk and have incredible input lag. I'm talking 1-2 seconds after you push a button on the controller the feed updates. They are really only meant for watching TV.
Well I was going to leave my xbox in my office (where I actually use it for gaming) and then feed it to my bedroom which I use to watch sky etc :P

Firehorse
11-08-2013, 02:33 PM
They're very expensive, don't expect to pick one up that's of any use for less than £40; if you want anything better than 480p then also expect to pay more than £100. As @Stephen! said I'm sure they would have a large buffer delay or alternatively a big loss of quality.

I would recommend pushing video via HDMI over ethernet, it can carry HD up to 30m http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-Extender-Cat5e-network-cable/dp/B002ECYEYA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1376231406&sr=8-2&keywords=hdmi+video+sender I can't guarantee no lag as I'm unsure if it's converting the feed at each end of just pushing it unconverted, but this would certainly have less lag than any wireless options.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!