PDA

View Full Version : Universal laptop chargers

Jazz
21-08-2013, 05:55 PM
I went into maplins today because I managed to break my 3rd universal maplin charger. I was told by the man that these univeral chargers (one you can switch charger heads around) only last 3 - 6 months.. Im a bit stumpted as to why they are selling chargers that dont work properly at nearly £60 a pop and why its not documented on the boxes? Is it just me?

AlexJRiley
21-08-2013, 06:19 PM
lesbian; Argos Igo Universal laptop charger £40

---------- Post added 21-08-2013 at 07:20 PM ----------

and HERE (http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1085471.htm) is a link

ToyTruck
21-08-2013, 06:31 PM
I've had a universal quite a while now since I got this laptop and it's never broke.

xxMATTGxx
21-08-2013, 07:27 PM
I thought any electronic product that's sold in this country had to at least last for 1 year or maybe more? I might have dreamt about that though.

AlexJRiley
21-08-2013, 07:34 PM
I thought any electronic product that's sold in this country had to at least last for 1 year or maybe more? I might have dreamt about that though.

Electrical products come with a years warranty as standard (with proof of purchase) under the Consumer Rights Act. You can actually take a company to court if they refuse to provide you with a repair (if the cost for the repair is reasonable to the company) a replacement (if the cost of a repair isn't reasonable) or a refund (if neither of the previous conditions can be met). I.E. If you bought a £300 TV that broke a shop can insist you accept a repair which will cost the company £50 as opposed to replacing it which will cost them £300, whereas if it was a £30 kettle, the repair will probably cost more than the kettles value so a replacement will be offed.

Yeah I read up on Consumer Law and the Sale of Goods Act when work was quiet a few days ago...

Eoin247
30-08-2013, 03:21 PM
In my experience universal laptop chargers tend to be flimsy and break easy. The only ones that seem to be durable have crazy prices.

oli
30-08-2013, 03:35 PM
everything is made to break so u buy updated versions n new stuff

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!