PDA

View Full Version : Free-flow chat changes

Michael
23-08-2013, 01:50 PM
Hello Michaels!

Thank you for your patience testing the free-flow chat. After the summer vacations of our developers have ended, we are back with a set of fixes and improvements for the next-generation Habbo chat!

The condition where chat bubbles pile up on the bottom of the chat area and do not arrange unless you move the room should now be fixed.

A new method of handling very short bubbles was introduced. Small bubbles will now integrate into the local conversation flow without passing other bubbles in the flow too easily. It's almost like having a piece of the old chat inside free flow!

All rooms now have a chat hearing range control. This feature is exceptionally useful when paired with free flow chat, allowing quick pan / access of different conversations all of the room!

The interval at which chat bubbles scroll upwards has received a fine-tuning. Fast scrolling is now really fast, Normal scrolling is equal to the old timeout, and slow scrolling is double of that, 12 seconds. (not 24 seconds like it was before) If you had updated your room settings before, you might need to change your values.

Plenty of performance improvements should also un-lag your experience to the extent your computer allows.

-gimulnautti

received this as a mail on Habbo this morning.

Tyler
23-08-2013, 01:55 PM
i dont think the chat needs changing anyway

e5
23-08-2013, 02:29 PM
It's been bug fixed which is nice. He was in his room yday talking about it, think I mentioned about the chat overlapping and he now says that's fixed which is good to hear he is listening and taking action!

Yawn
23-08-2013, 02:53 PM
they should start by checking the uservoice to see wat needs changing and wat we actually want changed or updated

Daltron
24-08-2013, 07:04 AM
hmm interesting

Red
24-08-2013, 08:02 AM
As long as i don't have to use it ;l

Scotland
24-08-2013, 11:37 AM
As long as i don't have to use it ;l

Everyone will at some point.

Chrisbud1
24-08-2013, 01:31 PM
Everyone will at some point.

there's an option in the settings to turn it off. I think that'll stay there, hopefully.

Calum0812
24-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Can we stop making pointless updates and update stuff that the community want?

If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Bradley.
24-08-2013, 04:48 PM
well i dont have it and dont plan on trying to unless it comes to habbo by default

e5
24-08-2013, 05:47 PM
It was broken though :P

Scotland
24-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Yeah thats there for now, but it wont be.. (soon im guessing)

there's an option in the settings to turn it off. I think that'll stay there, hopefully.

It was broken

Chrisbud1
24-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Yeah thats there for now, but it wont be.. (soon im guessing)

It was broken

ok first of all, it wasn't broken. it was perfectly fine and as you can see 90% of the community says it didn't need changing. second, why would they remove that option if the first day it came out NOBODY liked it except the people that talk to staff 24/7..

Scotland
24-08-2013, 11:17 PM
Things change, deal with it?
When it was first released it was not 100% working so people abused it.
Also where did you get
90% of the community says it didn't need changing. from? most the people on my list like the new chat.

ok first of all, it wasn't broken. it was perfectly fine and as you can see 90% of the community says it didn't need changing. second, why would they remove that option if the first day it came out NOBODY liked it except the people that talk to staff 24/7..

Chrisbud1
24-08-2013, 11:58 PM
Things change, deal with it?
When it was first released it was not 100% working so people abused it.
Also where did you get from? most the people on my list like the new chat.

ok sorry i thought u meant the old chat. the *old* chat didn't need changes... the new one did, sorry. and yeah most of the ppl dont like this new chat and if you remember when it first was released the welcome lounge was being spammed by people protesting to remove the chat

Tyrell
25-08-2013, 08:59 PM
i really prefer new chat and hope it stays 5eva, although it'd help if they made the bars longer still

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!