PDA

View Full Version : Summer Spectacular Prizes/food for thought

lawrawrrr
30-08-2013, 01:16 PM
RIGHT SO you all probably think I'm doing this because I'm bitter etc etc but I think this is a genuine point that I'd make even if I had 0 points.

The way prizes are at the moment, the top 3 on the Red team will get MASSIVE prizes, and the top 3 on other teams will get much smaller prizes.

This way, the top scorer of another team, lets use me as an example, although being 2nd overall, will only receive 50c, whereas someone with less points than me will get 300c.

Now if you think about it, that doesn't seem particularly fair, right? It basically means that I'm being deprived of 250c because my team weren't active, didn't play, we didn't have as many members etc (for the record, this is not what I think happened, this is purely hypotheticals).

So, say the Red team had 41 members, and the black team had 21, and the top player in each team got 400 points, and every other player got 100 points, then the Red team would have 4400 points, whereas the Black team would have 2400. So the Red team would win, get tons of points even though the Black team top scorer pretty much equalled the Red team top scorer.

So, this is how I'd suggest prizes are done (and how I think they have been in the past - at least for other tournaments)

Top scorers in each team
1st place: 50c
2nd place: 30c
3rd place: 20c

Top scorers overall
1st place: 500c
2nd place: 300c
3rd place: 100c

I mean, obviously, numbers can change here.

SO, if we use this year as an example, Graham and myself would both receive 50c for being the top scorer in our team but then he would get an additional 500c, whereas I'd get the 300c for being 2nd overall. I think that makes logical sense because otherwise you're penalising my efforts because of the effort of the rest of my team.

NOW, I just want to point out here I am NOT posting this because I am greedy and I am under NO impressions they'll change it for the awards ceremony (that would be great js but I really don't mind) - I just don't think it's particularly fair the way it is run.

---------------

Ok onto the second bit.

This is another idea I've had. It helps with team numbers.

If someone new to Habbox, or doesn't play HxSS, wins an HxSS (or other tournament) event, simply don't give them points. Don't LET them choose a team, because it's hard enough to measure if teams are balanced enough, but when you have 20 newbies on one team (lets say green) plus the active players, that team could have 40 members and LOOK massive on the leaderboard, whereas other teams might have 40 active players, therefore it's not balanced but very hard to pick up unless you're literally at every event and have an amazing memory.

So my suggestion here would be to create a fifth team - not one that counts, just for leaderboard purposes, a yellow team or something, where newbies would have their points added to so they wouldn't count towards team totals but they could still change their mind and join a proper team afterwards, if they kept playing. I guarantee most of the players on the 'Yellow' team would only have 100 points max though, from winning one event and not coming back. I mean, if someone new to Habbox was to play, win, have their points added to Yellow and then keep playing at Habbox, then their points could be transferred to a team of their choice.

This just relies on hosts saying "Do you belong to a HxSS team?"

---------

I think that's it. Let me know what y'all think ;)

sex
30-08-2013, 01:43 PM
Isn't a whole point of HxSS teams though, you're suppose to work together with your team to try come out top. Someone could join a crap team (green) and easily become top point scorer on the team because they would have no competition. If you're doing it the way you suggested it there may as well be no teams and just have it as everyone against everyone else.

lawrawrrr
30-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Isn't a whole point of HxSS teams though, you're suppose to work together with your team to try come out top. Someone could join a crap team (green) and easily become top point scorer on the team because they would have no competition. If you're doing it the way you suggested it there may as well be no teams and just have it as everyone against everyone else.

Well as much as working with a team is great, you cannot FORCE your team to play. Especially when teams are divided into departments the way they are, you'll only ever have 1 totally active team maximum.

The thing with HxSS is that it is a mixture of team effort and singular effort.

I mean you could change it so it's like this:

3 top scorers overall receive the big prizes

then

1st Place team
1st scorer: 100c
2nd scorer: 75c
3rd scorer: 50c

2nd Place team
1st scorer: 75c
2nd scorer: 50c
3rd scorer: 20c

3rd Place team
1st scorer: 50c
2nd scorer: 25c
3rd scorer: 15c

4th Place team
1st scorer: 25c
2nd scorer: 15c
3rd scorer: 10c

But I still think that you should reward individual's efforts because it's not the individual's fault that their team isn't active.

geo
30-08-2013, 02:37 PM
i actually think this would be a really good idea especially with the additional yellow team (i never understood why there was a black team and not yellow??) for the people that just come to the events, win and never come back or something. also think the prizing is still good. you're being rewarded for doing well in your team and doing well overall.

plz laura's idea for next year although i'll hopefully stay clear from hxss lol

Calum0812
30-08-2013, 05:12 PM
Prizes I'm not too sure about but the yellow team is a fantastic idea!

-Nick
30-08-2013, 09:38 PM
Agree on both ... lawrawrrr; for GM

lawrawrrr
30-08-2013, 09:39 PM
Agree on both ... @lawrawrrr (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=61966); for GM

hahahahah unlikely ;)

LiquidLuck.
30-08-2013, 09:44 PM
hahahahah unlikely ;)

yes you for GM and then make me leader of the noobs team plz, it's where I belong ;) LOL

Anyway not that I was here for HxSS, but you have a point and I agree with the second way you posted

-Nick
30-08-2013, 09:44 PM
hahahahah unlikely ;)

The Gummy Monster is an avaible job so yes ;)

Samantha
30-08-2013, 09:47 PM
What I don't understand is why it was set prizes in the other teams, in previous years it was Thrones and Credits for the top winner of each team, yeah they were for the top scorer, but really it's not too hard to reduce that a little bit to make it for the top 3?

lawrawrrr
30-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Even if it was more even, rather than the massive difference between top team's top scorer and the other team's top scorer tbh, would mean you keep the whole team thing without penalizing the other top scorer for their team.

Bails
30-08-2013, 11:48 PM
I've never understood why the teams are Red, Green, Blue and Black. I'd assume that the teams would be Red, Green, Blue and Yellow because they are always thought of as the 'Main' colours, let's not lie.

Is there a reason for this or was it just a random pick? lol.

lawrawrrr
30-08-2013, 11:49 PM
oh my god if the black team is changed im actually going to cry

black for life

Samantha
30-08-2013, 11:53 PM
Ask nvrspk4; he created HxSS I believe.

e5
31-08-2013, 09:28 AM
Looking at the points it seems a bit unfair that in terms of point overall lawrawrr came in 2nd place and technically I think she should have won 300c

lawrawrrr
31-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Looking at the points it seems a bit unfair that in terms of point overall lawrawrr came in 2nd place and technically I think she should have won 300c

The way the prizes are at the moment I could have technically come in 1st overall, even beating everyone else by 1,000 points and still only get 50c whereas someone with a lot less would get 500.

on phone xx

Inseriousity.
31-08-2013, 09:50 AM
I do not believe it's been done like that before for HxSS or any other tournament (although someone sad enough could go check I suppose). I agree with Graham, you need to keep the team element of it so I prefer the 2nd one to the first one.

However, I entirely disagree with the creation of a 'yellow team.' The great thing about HxSS is that it does what other events aren't so good at: it makes people feel wanted. If they win and they haven't got a team, the whole room shouts their colour and lavishes them with praise urging them to pick their team. To most people, I think this is a very addictive feeling and can get them involved in the next event and the next event and should, if advertising works out, get them to the forum and HabboxLive where they can win more points. If everyone knows they're going to be in a 'yellow team' and that there's a chance that their points won't count then I imagine the majority of people will not bother going through the effort of getting them from yellow to a proper colour.

Samantha
31-08-2013, 10:13 AM
I do not believe it's been done like that before for HxSS or any other tournament (although someone sad enough could go check I suppose). I agree with Graham, you need to keep the team element of it so I prefer the 2nd one to the first one.

However, I entirely disagree with the creation of a 'yellow team.' The great thing about HxSS is that it does what other events aren't so good at: it makes people feel wanted. If they win and they haven't got a team, the whole room shouts their colour and lavishes them with praise urging them to pick their team. To most people, I think this is a very addictive feeling and can get them involved in the next event and the next event and should, if advertising works out, get them to the forum and HabboxLive where they can win more points. If everyone knows they're going to be in a 'yellow team' and that there's a chance that their points won't count then I imagine the majority of people will not bother going through the effort of getting them from yellow to a proper colour.

I'm not sad, but I checked to name sure I'm right. In 2011 the prizes were like this:

1st in winning team, 2 Throne and x amount of credits.
1st in second team, 1 throne ans x amount of credits.
1st in third team, 1 throne.
1st in third team, 300c.

That's how it could and should be, in previous years I haven't bothered playing much because I would get nothing for 2nd place on my team. Even if it was like 20c it gives people that incentive.

However, as it's been said, Laura was in the third team therefore she would get a worse prize than those who got less for her. Perhaps expand the overall points award to the top 3 people as an additional thing.

Inseriousity.
31-08-2013, 10:20 AM
Well they are. 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the losing teams get something, it's been like that for the past two years at least. Perhaps the system could be changed to make it more fairly spread and that's something for Jade to look into next year but it does need to keep that team element as well.

e5
31-08-2013, 10:23 AM
Well they are. 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the losing teams get something, it's been like that for the past two years at least. Perhaps the system could be changed to make it more fairly spread and that's something for Jade to look into next year but it does need to keep that team element as well.

Last year it was the same as this year

Winning Team - Black Team

1st Place: - Red (3889 points) - 200 Credits + 3 months Forum VIP + Forum Award
2nd Place: - Sex/Comity (2094 points) - 150 Credits + 2 months Forum VIP + Forum Award
3rd Place: - Volunteer (1990 points) - 100 Credits + 1 months Forum VIP + Forum Award

Other Teams:

Blue Team
1st place: - Orientalframe? (5368 points) - 50 Credits + 3 months Forum VIP + Forum Award
2nd place: - FlyingJesus (1481 points) - 50 Credits + 2 months Forum VIP + Forum Award
3rd place: - EricYong! (1477 points) - 50 Credits + 1 months Forum VIP + Forum Award

Red Team
1st place: - veinthetrez (1322 points) - 50 Credits + 3 months Forum VIP + Forum Award
2nd place: - dbgtz (1201 points) - 50 Credits + 2 months Forum VIP + Forum Award
3rd place: - Midnight (793 points) - 50 Credits + 1 months Forum VIP + Forum Award

Green Team
1st place: - 1umbrella1 (1143 points) - 50 Credits + 3 months Forum VIP + Forum Award
2nd place: - Biscuitss (975 points) - 50 Credits + 2 months Forum VIP + Forum Award
3rd place: - buttons (566 points) - 50 Credits + 1 months Forum VIP + Forum Award

Congratulations to all the winners! You will be contacted about your prizes shortly. Thanks to everyone who made this event the success it has been from the:

Events Organisers (both in the events department and outside of it)
the DJs for hosting so many on-air competitions
the HxHD department for hosting the Quiz Hunt and SNQ
the Graphics Department for hosting a Telephrase Maze
Samanfa for helping Jurv with the wired for the Telephrase Maze (try something without any wired next time Cameron)
the News Department for hosting the Crossword Challenge, the Competitions Department for a lot of summer-themed competitions
the Forum Department for hosting the Beach Ball Hunt
the Competitions Department for the Seven Seas quest and competitions
the RV Department for the Rare Value Furni Investigation quest
Everyone who contributed to the Awards Ceremony room
Smurfed- and -Amyy for consistently adding events from the timetable
my aspirin for helping my headache caused by the competition
but most importantly to you, for getting involved and highlighting what a great community Habbox is.

Thank you all.

Orientalframe got 2k more points but would have never won top prize becos she wasn't in the black team!

beth
31-08-2013, 11:18 AM
PERSONALLY i think you're all being a bit ******* greedy. in what other competition anywhere does it have prizes like this. in my eyes it should just be first/second/third on winning team and then overall points scorer.

it's a team game, if your team don't step up then soz... try hard next year to rally morale/get more active members.

and the yellow team thing is silly for the exact reason mike said.

lawrawrrr
31-08-2013, 11:32 AM
but how on earth is it fair that if no active members join the team that you are FORCED TO JOIN because of your department you're penalised on prizes???

looking back i think the top 3 on the first team should receive the best prizes, then top3 on 2nd team slightly lower prizes etc etc then an extra prize to the overall top scorer.

i know that xmas bonanza 2010 was run that way (wooo 2nd top scorer overall) and looking back at old hxss prizes it seems to run a little bit that way.

it was the same last year but Mike was the AGM for that as well so it's not surprising it didn't change for this year...

Inseriousity.
31-08-2013, 11:48 AM
I'd have changed it if feedback brought it up but you didn't win last year so it's not surprising you didn't bring it up then. I do agree with beth to a point, the prize system could be made fairer but ultimately, it's also a team competition and if your team isn't up to scratch and you want to win the big prizes then it's up to you (and the other active members of your team) to keep things going, rally the troops and recruit those very members you think shouldn't win points.

Foregetfuhl
31-08-2013, 11:53 AM
It will ultimately be something that will be looked into for next year. To be honest I don't agree with the prizes this year at all. 1) Far to much for the top three anyway. 2) It isn't fair at all. 3) I like how it was set out in 2011. I think the teams need a bit of sorting out as well with all of the bigger departments being split rather than just HabboxLive. Hopefully come HxSS 2014 we can have it a little more fairer and with the teams being more thought out rather than plonked by department.

Yawn
31-08-2013, 12:17 PM
i loved the team spirit which towards the end turned into team rivalry

lawrawrrr
31-08-2013, 12:52 PM
I'd have changed it if feedback brought it up but you didn't win last year so it's not surprising you didn't bring it up then. I do agree with beth to a point, the prize system could be made fairer but ultimately, it's also a team competition and if your team isn't up to scratch and you want to win the big prizes then it's up to you (and the other active members of your team) to keep things going, rally the troops and recruit those very members you think shouldn't win points.

jesus christ how petty do you think i am? i didn't really play last year and i wasn't really interested in how habbox was running because i was so disillusioned by that stage.

the thing is i tried my damned hardest to "rally" my team to play but 9 times out of 10 i was met with "cba" etc etc.

When you're FORCED into a team, you may not like your teammates or something, and therefore not want to play, but the way the prizes are at the moment, you're basically stuffed if you're not in the team with the active players (which is quite often the Events department, or the one all the 'popular' people join and encourage others to).

I mean that issue would solve itself if people weren't forced into teams the way they are, or divided more equally but that's another point entirely.

And I never said they shouldn't win points, I said it's extremely difficult to judge whether a member is active or just a one-off winner, which is the point of a fifth team - so if they do continue to play (after encouragement from teams) then their points can be transferred to a proper team rather than clog up each team with 100 inactive players! This would be like when Plumest; started to play, me getting to know her and encouraging her to stay online and adding her on skype to keep her motivated, we'd do that BEFORE she chose a team.

I just think it makes it easier to judge what teams are full.

Plumest
31-08-2013, 12:59 PM
oh hi i was mentioned!!!@@@

Inseriousity.
31-08-2013, 01:27 PM
The majority of people wouldn't bother encouraging them to stay so you're ultimately making them more likely to be a one-off winner, which was my whole point.

Plumest
31-08-2013, 01:30 PM
Next year, you should have everyone who want sto join like, be assigned to a team. First person to join gets red, second blue, third black, fourth green, etc etc etc. So that not all of the active people are on a certain team.

lawrawrrr
31-08-2013, 01:48 PM
I just think it makes it far too difficult to confirm how many people are active on teams to regulate team size.

And I'm not saying people CAN'T choose teams, just when events hosts are done, they ask:
"Are you on a HxSS team?"
"No"
"Would you like to? This is what HxSS is...."
"No"

- on the 'yellow' team.

if they DO want to join a team and get more involved then they can! it would also be possible for Jade, or whoever is agm next year, to relegate people with one win who don't look likely they're coming back to the yellow team which would make it easier to regulate team size.

Inseriousity.
31-08-2013, 01:50 PM
It's not that difficult, you log on, go to events and see for yourself!

ihatehash
31-08-2013, 01:52 PM
I would almost prefer no teams at all. Having team just causes bull **** and yeah I guess the team spirit is sort of cool but the rivalry gets taken way too far. If it was individual you could reward the top 10 with prizes and then maybe a few spot prizes.
Also event hosts wouldn't have to worry about "what team are you in"

lawrawrrr
31-08-2013, 01:55 PM
apparently that's too difficult for some agms :rolleyes:

Samantha
31-08-2013, 02:00 PM
One thing I'd say, the prizes weren't the best for the other three teams, but this year hosts were required to give out proper prizes, a couple of years ago you didn't need to. Add that on with the amount given out then it's a massive amount, but then again it could still be spread out more. Also what happened to Credits to the other top 10 in the winnung team? They're also being penalised to an extent, they've worked hard over the two weeks, yet they receive what?

Inseriousity.
31-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Are you going to elaborate there lol
Mike, the whole point of hxss is that it's a team tournament. Changing it to every man for himself tournament would just ruin it.

Samantha
31-08-2013, 02:07 PM
Are you going to elaborate there lol
Mike, the whole point of hxss is that it's a team tournament. Changing it to every man for himself tournament would just ruin it.

Fully agree. We have HxEE for a singular tournament.

lawrawrrr
31-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Oh I totally agree as well, and teams who perform well should be given higher prizes, which is what I've said since my OP, but I still think we should have overall scorer prizes AS WELL as team prizes, maybe only an extra 50c or something.

but yeah i think my overall point right now is

top 3 on each team should get a prize that are NOt EQUAL (so first on each team gets higher than second who is higher than 3rd)
top team overall should have higher prizes for top 3 than the other 3 teams (decreasing prizes once again)

this is what happened in 2011:

Congratulations to them all! They each win the following:

1st Place (Jurv ~ Green Team): 2 thrones, 100 Credits, Forum award, Gold Trophy, 3 months VIP

2nd Place (,Jess, ~ Red Team): 1 throne, 50 Credits, Forum award, Silver Trophy, 2 months VIP

3rd Place (fishymydishy ~ Black Team): 1 throne, 25 Credits, Forum award, Bronze Trophy, 1 month VIP

4th Place (Pigperson ~ Blue Team): 300 Credits, Forum award, 1 month VIP

The top 10 from the winning team (Green)will also get 20 credits each. All of these prizes will be handed out over the next couple of days, please be patient!

which i think is a good idea to be honest. i mean i'd prefer all the top 3 on each team winning something but also the top team tends to have higher scores so i like that idea as well.

Zelda
31-08-2013, 02:32 PM
When I was moaning about how unfair it was to people at the start people had actually replied back saying like "Oh isn't it top 3 overall for the high prizes", and I was just like oh yea probably because that makes a lot more sense and is far fairer, so it was just so shocking to go back to the thread after that and actually see that it wasn't???

Team aspect still exists if you have top whatever from each other team gets prizes, but unless the top prizes are scaled down it really should be top 3 for them, cause as laura said, people in say 1 department are forced to be with them and it's really unfair for them if the team is unfair / inactive.

On the top of yellow team, I do actually really support it but if it isn't really what you are looking for, then just don't count / put very little emphasis on people with only like 10 points on how active a team is then?

Personally though I still think teams should be scrapped completely from HxSS, it's what makes HxEE and Habboxween so much better tbh

Samantha
31-08-2013, 02:42 PM
When I was moaning about how unfair it was to people at the start people had actually replied back saying like "Oh isn't it top 3 overall for the high prizes", and I was just like oh yea probably because that makes a lot more sense and is far fairer, so it was just so shocking to go back to the thread after that and actually see that it wasn't???

Team aspect still exists if you have top whatever from each other team gets prizes, but unless the top prizes are scaled down it really should be top 3 for them, cause as laura said, people in say 1 department are forced to be with them and it's really unfair for them if the team is unfair / inactive.

On the top of yellow team, I do actually really support it but if it isn't really what you are looking for, then just don't count / put very little emphasis on people with only like 10 points on how active a team is then?

Personally though I still think teams should be scrapped completely from HxSS, it's what makes HxEE and Habboxween so much better tbh

It's what makes HxSS different though, I remember Inseriousity.; made HxEE a team event once and it didn't work as well as the HxSS. I for one think the teams should stay, it gets some competition going although some take it too far, but it's still something to look forward to and battle against.

nvrspk4
01-09-2013, 06:41 AM
Ask nvrspk4; he created HxSS I believe.

The answer to that is that I came up with HxSS at 4AM one morning, and I know very little about art and colors ;)

Red, black, green, and blue struck me as four colors that people like/use often/wear often. Seeing this, perhaps yellow would have been a better choice but wouldn't have looked as good against the classic skin :D

Also since the idea came about 7-10 days (maybe less?) before we had to launch it in order to finish before majority of UK returned to school, we really just hit the ground running; focus was more on other aspects of the competition.

---

With regards to the original thread, as many people have stated the original intent was to make sure all three winners on the top team were rewarded higher than those on the other teams. Though perhaps the disparity could be reduced, but the point was to ensure that the focus was on the team winning. With that said, just because it's how we started it doesn't necessarily mean it's the perfect solution, I'm sure other things have changed since to make improvements to the competition.

The focus on team rather than individual though is a big part of HxSS, it builds a community. While yes, there is more rivalry than expected (that's been true of every HxSS since the first one), it does build unity within a team, and members of that team definitely have friends across other teams, especially among the staff, so eventually it builds a bridge (ie: Samanfa is on blue team with me and MattGarner on red, I may hate Matt during the competition but later I'm talking to Sam and Matt and I have that common connection.)

A large intended benefit of HxSS was that there was a big gulf between the staff and the members, and back then staff couldn't compete in competitions as well, so this was a big event where staff were really roped in and forced not to stick together as one big unit through the division/assignment of teams, thereby building bridges between staff and normal members.

I think the yellow team could be a step back from that - even just for the fact that new members were often encouraged to come back by members of their team. Kid wins, joins blue, when he comes back into the line all the blue team members are chatting with him, congratulating him, encouraging him to come to more etc. I think a better solution could be making the top team unjoinable for people who join via events, unless the margin between #1 and #1 is less than X.

sex
01-09-2013, 11:13 AM
It will ultimately be something that will be looked into for next year. To be honest I don't agree with the prizes this year at all. 1) Far to much for the top three anyway. 2) It isn't fair at all. 3) I like how it was set out in 2011. I think the teams need a bit of sorting out as well with all of the bigger departments being split rather than just HabboxLive. Hopefully come HxSS 2014 we can have it a little more fairer and with the teams being more thought out rather than plonked by department.

The prizes in 2011 where terrible lol, i remember everyone complaining about how rubbish they were. This year was a huge step up, but not on par with 2010. Prize like this shouldn't be a problem for a huge fansite like Habbox!!! It's once a year

lawrawrrr
01-09-2013, 11:17 AM
The prizes in 2011 where terrible lol, i remember everyone complaining about how rubbish they were. This year was a huge step up, but not on par with 2010. Prize like this shouldn't be a problem for a huge fansite like Habbox!!! It's once a year

1st Place (Jurv ~ Green Team): 2 thrones, 100 Credits, Forum award, Gold Trophy, 3 months VIP

2nd Place (,Jess, ~ Red Team): 1 throne, 50 Credits, Forum award, Silver Trophy, 2 months VIP

3rd Place (fishymydishy ~ Black Team): 1 throne, 25 Credits, Forum award, Bronze Trophy, 1 month VIP

on what universe are those prizes terrible O.o

---------- Post added 01-09-2013 at 12:17 PM ----------

plus top 10 on green got 20c

Samantha
01-09-2013, 11:19 AM

The prizes in 2012 were worse than 2011 though?

sex
01-09-2013, 11:19 AM

on what universe are those prizes terrible O.o

---------- Post added 01-09-2013 at 12:17 PM ----------

plus top 10 on green got 20c

omg opps i got 2012 and 2011 mixed up lmao

---------- Post added 01-09-2013 at 12:20 PM ----------

SHUTU P EVERYONE I MIXED THE YEARS UP

Samantha
01-09-2013, 11:20 AM

Oh lmao, I was going to say.

lawrawrrr
01-09-2013, 11:21 AM

---------- Post added 01-09-2013 at 12:20 PM ----------

SHUTU P EVERYONE I MIXED THE YEARS UP

ahahahhah

wasn't 2012 the same as this year?

Samantha
01-09-2013, 11:22 AM
ahahahhah

The bigger prizes were smaller, the ones for the other teams were the same.

sex
01-09-2013, 11:23 AM
ahahahhah

200c 150 and 100 for top team

lawrawrrr
01-09-2013, 11:24 AM
200c 150 and 100 for top team

oh that's not much different then

Inseriousity.
01-09-2013, 12:13 PM
I believe all the thrones that year were thanks to donations rather than because it's the norm so it was always going to be less the year later although yes it was far too low and that was rectified for this year. I don't really like the 2011 system though. top person on each team gets a prize so it's really only them who have anything to gain from getting their team up the charts. I'd personally choose laura's 2nd system she did.

I was HxSS green team leader for three years. First year I logged on at 12pm first day and all the addicts had chosen black team. Black team won that year. Next two years, I (along with Alex) made sure we got the addicts first. We won two years in a row. That is seriously the only piece of advice I'd give to team leaders who want to win. Arrange the departments all you want, it really doesn't make any difference. Whichever team graham was on was always going to win.

Plebings
01-09-2013, 05:19 PM
i think it's important to keep the team aspect, however why can't the prizes be split a bit more evenly?

say

300c for person with most points
200c for person with 2nd most points
100c for person with 3rd most

on top of

200c for top scoring 1st place team member
150c for top scoring 2nd place team member
100c for top scoring 3rd place team member
50c for top scoring 4th place team member

maybe some bonus prizes for the winning team as well.

now obviously those prizes aren't the be all and end all, but it does seem a bit unfair the way it was handled this year (especially forcing members to join certain teams)

lemons
01-09-2013, 05:32 PM
i think the current system is fine the only thing which needs to be sorted out is how depts are allocated into teams

oli
01-09-2013, 05:33 PM
i think the current system is fine the only thing which needs to be sorted out is how depts are allocated into teams

this is the main problem
considering you HAD to join the red team to get one of the bigger prizes

AgnesIO
01-09-2013, 05:46 PM
You probably should have made this at the start and not at the end, as it does look like a sore loser thing :L Not saying it is, but logically it would have been much more logical to make it at the start.

Anyway, this idea does generally make sense, but I can see the flaw that it makes it less logical to work as a team and just encourages people to join the weakest team to try and win..

Jurv
01-09-2013, 05:55 PM
check me winning 2 thrones and 100c in 2k11 :Cool:

lawrawrrr
01-09-2013, 06:41 PM
You probably should have made this at the start and not at the end, as it does look like a sore loser thing :L Not saying it is, but logically it would have been much more logical to make it at the start.

Anyway, this idea does generally make sense, but I can see the flaw that it makes it less logical to work as a team and just encourages people to join the weakest team to try and win..

I did bring it up with Jade as soon as she got AGM pretty much but I knew that Mike was extremely likely to shoot me down. It's not a sore loser thing at all and I'm very grateful for my prize (when I get it...........) but it's more of a feedback-for-next-year thing :)

Like I've said since the first post, I do agree that it diminishess the team element which is why I've suggested higher prizes for the overall team and going down for each team

Inseriousity.
01-09-2013, 07:04 PM
I wouldn't have shot you down for that suggestion. I'd have said the same thing graham said then you'd have said what you replied to him and I'd have said yeah we could do that, let me just talk to Matt and work out the numbers. :P

lawrawrrr
01-09-2013, 07:07 PM
But you'd already published it by the time I knew anything about it and my experience with (a)gms is they nearly always shoot things down straight away :p

Inseriousity.
01-09-2013, 07:16 PM
'Nearly' being the key word there. I believe there's a disclaimer in the terms and conditions to say that prizes are subject to change in case a) someone suggests a better structure or b) someone donates and we can boost the prize up. I'd have had no issue changing it although the sooner the better. If it was the last day then yeah I'd have said, next year but the first day would've been easy to change it. As for AGMs shooting things down, I explained to managers that my philosophy was similar to time on Dr Who: some things are fixed, I will not budge but the vast majority of things are in flux and up to them to choose as they see fit. If you were always getting shot down then it's just unlucky that all your suggestions were in the former category!

lawrawrrr
01-09-2013, 07:26 PM
Oh, I did mention it to Jade on one of her first days but she said she couldn't really change it and I thought it wouldn't affect if I posted this earlier or I would have!

and i was TRYING not to moan too much :(

sex
01-09-2013, 07:34 PM
JUST REMEMBER to join the team im on next year if you wanna win

lawrawrrr
01-09-2013, 07:44 PM
only if you join black im afraid

Yupt
03-09-2013, 02:04 PM
If you dont think you won enough at hxss or are greedy for more then pls enter www.habbox.com/comps (http://www.habbox.com/comps)

win win win.

<3 <3 <3

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!