PDA

View Full Version : do drunk minds speak sober thoughts?

wixard
31-08-2013, 01:43 PM
DISCUSS

Cerys
31-08-2013, 01:51 PM
i was actually thinking this the other day
not about drunkness but like

do people who stutter also stutter in their minds?
IT CONFUSED ME

j0rd
31-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Erm sometimes but not always I believe.
I think i'm way too rambo when i'm drunk and want to fight everyone, not that bad sober :P

sex
31-08-2013, 01:58 PM
yes noddy;

but being serious no, i think people when drunk spew so much bullcrap and tell people what they think they wanna hear/say lies or something they don't have the balls to say when sober!!

sometimes though i agree with drunk minds sober thoughs

CrazyColaist
31-08-2013, 02:00 PM
yes but it lets you go OTT aswell.

FlyingJesus
31-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Not as a rule, no

wixard
31-08-2013, 02:06 PM
i say things i'd not normally say but constantly think so in that respect YES
although i also say complete ******** which isn't actually true but just saying it for a reaction/attention

Samantha
31-08-2013, 03:06 PM
When I was drunk I was aware of what I was saying, and sort of doing, but I couldn't stop it. I didn't speak thoughts or anything, I just laughed, cried and threw up.

Although, I find it a definite possibility.

Chris
31-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Sometimes yes, but at other times I think people use it as an excuse to say what they want so they can just blame it on being drunk.

buttons
31-08-2013, 03:51 PM
IDK i don't think so necessarily
like ive been drunk and thought "u know what, _____ isn't that bad" but then next morning im like EW NO. but that could have been my unconscious??? or just the drink making me horny n lowering my standards
but i do have no filter like things i already know and think i end up saying it outloud and being like yolo i don't care then regret the next morning

ive never used being drunk as an excuse to be mean, i say mean things drunk which i wouldn't if i was sober but i don't like plan to be a **** to someone then say oh its ok i was drunk

e5
31-08-2013, 04:29 PM
sometimes ye but its often just bull

Stephen
31-08-2013, 04:41 PM
my dad's pretty much an alcoholic and I've never seen him tell the truth
just lowers inhibition and exaggerates your mood

if you're in a good mood you might think it's a great idea to tell someone you don't actually love that you're in love with them or something
but I guess if you're with someone who you fancy or are hiding a secret from then there's no barrier to tell you that you don't wanna say that ****

so I guess you can tell the truth but mixed with the other crap that comes out of your mouth, there's no point in believing anything a drunk person says

Jurv
31-08-2013, 08:56 PM
i think it depends on the person and what sort of drunk they are

but my dad is someone who speaks sober thoughts when drunk and i find out so much more lol but most the time it isn't a good thing

Sloths
31-08-2013, 09:27 PM
I think myself and the people I know irl do but it's so overweighted by lies and stuff coming out of your mouth with no filter that no one can tell if you're being truthful or not..

JACKTARD
01-09-2013, 08:40 PM
I think it just amplifies everything. If you're upset about something then it's the end of the world when drunk and you're more likely to say stuff so I think yeah, but, it's sometimes a bit over the top.

Yawn
01-09-2013, 09:11 PM
YES ITS LIKE WORD VOMIT

but its obv not always sober thoughts and sometimes its just u being a drunken freak

Kardan
01-09-2013, 09:51 PM
I've never been drunk, so I can't speak personally, but from what I've seen, I'd say no.

Special
04-09-2013, 11:01 PM
umm i think sober thoughts when drunk i don't always say them though

Plebings
05-09-2013, 09:25 AM
do people who stutter also stutter in their minds?
IT CONFUSED ME

personally as a stutterer myself, no. i know what i want to say but sometimes it just won't come out, usually if i anticipate saying something (e.g i'm waiting for someone to ask my name) i hold my breath for a bit so it's forced out. a lot of the time in conversation if i anticipate a stutter moment or have actually hit one, i try to think of an alternative way of saying it. it's very frustrating!

Absently
05-09-2013, 10:03 AM
i do think that when you're drunk you're speaking sober thoughts a lot of the time, but sometimes it's just complete and utter ********.

Matt
05-09-2013, 10:21 AM
Depends what type of drunk you are and how much you've had to drink. If you've had a small amount and maybe have a lot on your mind then you might just speak the truth about everything. If you're completely off your face, even if you were speaking your mind, everyone else probably wouldn't be able to understand you.

Cerys
05-09-2013, 02:23 PM
personally as a stutterer myself, no. i know what i want to say but sometimes it just won't come out, usually if i anticipate saying something (e.g i'm waiting for someone to ask my name) i hold my breath for a bit so it's forced out. a lot of the time in conversation if i anticipate a stutter moment or have actually hit one, i try to think of an alternative way of saying it. it's very frustrating!

Ahaa okay, I actually find this sort of thing very interesting as I don't experience it myself etc, thanks for telling me :D x

Daltron
13-09-2013, 11:45 PM
Yes but usually not good things are said ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!