PDA

View Full Version : your work persona vs outside persona

wixard
31-08-2013, 02:01 PM
for those of you with jobs, do you act the same at work as outside of work?

with my first job i was only 16 and surrounded by people who were in their 20s and 30 so i didn't really act the same i was incredibly quiet and found it so difficult to make conversation (with the older ones) but my last 2 jobs i've been THE EXACT SAME to other employees, but with managers etc i'm a little more reserved. we'd still have a laugh when we worked together but i'd tone myself down a bit (think you all know how VULGAR and open i am)

i mean i definitely wouldn't tell my manager that i just puked in the bathroom or got my period
but to other employees YES and sometimes even customers

Samantha
31-08-2013, 03:01 PM
I've become a lot more confident with my job, I believe it's made me more confident actually outside of work instead of the other way round. People at work, colleagues and such usually say how I used to be quiet and often I get a little cheeky and get told to get back in my shell, but because of that I talk to more out of work. Yeah, they're still mainly colleagues, but what I've done is got to know them outside of work, so we can actually talk in work. They're a bit different I guess.

mrwoooooooo
03-09-2013, 08:04 PM
I'm the same in work as I am out of it. Get on with stuff but have a laugh about things as well

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!