PDA

View Full Version : Habbo Name Changes?

BlackSparrows
08-09-2013, 12:26 PM
http://habbo.uservoice.com/forums/176450-com-ideas-feedback/suggestions/3174567-allow-username-changes

Some Habbo's have been around since the beginning. We were most likely all young and came up with some childish username (like mine). We should be able to change our usernames, even for a cost. People don't want to make new accounts because transferring all of the Furni will take forever. We're also unable to move badges, Habbo Home stickers, achievements and achievement scores between accounts. Being able to change our username would make things much more easier!

This is one of the many ideas submitted to Habbo regarding this topic, it has been under review for over a year now. All comments on this link http://habbo.uservoice.com/forums/176450-com-ideas-feedback/suggestions/3174567-allow-username-changes
are positive even showing many ideas to stop the feature being abused.

So i ask what are YOUR thoughts on this topic?

If you agree with this and want this to pass tweet the link, send in ideas about it on habbo, send it to them on Facebook everything share this.

sex
08-09-2013, 12:27 PM
what if you get hacked, you're name is gone forever. it was scrapped last year im sure anyways

BlackSparrows
08-09-2013, 12:30 PM
It was never scrapped. And if you get hacked, habbo can see that you have been hacked, also people are suggesting paying for the name changes, i think thats another great way to stop the feature being abused and in your case if you get hacked

lemons
08-09-2013, 12:48 PM
i just want them to delete inactive accounts so there is a wider choice of usernames

BlackSparrows
08-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Yeah, they do really need to do that also, maybe send out a warning to those who haven't logged in within a year and they have no furni on the account.

iBlueBox
08-09-2013, 01:05 PM
I got given a name change, :D

My account on .co.uk was called Stexual what I created in 2007 and around a few weeks after all English hotels merged I was banned permanently for the name being inappropriate.

I sent a help request saying that I've had the name since 2007 and no staff have ever had an issue with it, so they offered me a name change to anything I like, so I changed it to iBlueBox, everything on the account stayed the same, rooms, furniture ect, badges, groups just my habbo name was different.

sex
08-09-2013, 01:07 PM
It was never scrapped. And if you get hacked, habbo can see that you have been hacked, also people are suggesting paying for the name changes, i think thats another great way to stop the feature being abused and in your case if you get hacked

yes it was scraped by the ceo, search for threads on the forum and you will find out :)

karter
08-09-2013, 01:39 PM
NO THIS THREATENS MY BEAUTIFUL RARE NAMES SOMEHOW

Red
08-09-2013, 02:08 PM
No I am 100 percent against this idea for the reason that everyone else has said. If you get hacked, then your names can be taken as well as your furni. Also it will promote buying/selling of names. it's a stupid idea. Suck it up and make an new account.

BlackSparrows
08-09-2013, 02:32 PM
You have a very valid point there, but would you be for it if Habbo implemented a way to stop your name from being stolen e.g. Paying for each name change, limiting each name change, and making each name change be processed via email that way it is not some willy nilly decision anyone can make, including hackers.

Red
08-09-2013, 02:44 PM
You have a very valid point there, but would you be for it if Habbo implemented a way to stop your name from being stolen e.g. Paying for each name change, limiting each name change, and making each name change be processed via email that way it is not some willy nilly decision anyone can make, including hackers.

Paying for it won't stop them. If the hacker could sell a name for a few thrones they won't mind paying a fee to change the name. Changing it once isn't going to stop them either. How would it be processed through email? What if they manage to take that too?

steamyxo
08-09-2013, 02:47 PM
just delete the inactive accounts... theres accounts that have been made in 2004 or something and havent been on the day they was registered with quite nice names

Suncadi
08-09-2013, 04:20 PM
just delete the inactive accounts... theres accounts that have been made in 2004 or something and havent been on the day they was registered with quite nice names

Totally agree! :)

lawrawrrr
08-09-2013, 04:29 PM
I wish they'd do another clearout and limit the amount of accounts you can have, like I know you can register so many different emails but I feel like they should limit it to IPs or something

cos people with 100+ rare names are a) name hoggers b) a lot of people illegally trade those accounts and names

Cerys
08-09-2013, 04:51 PM
I think yes, but only once a year or month or somethingg

and maybe along with this all accounts with inappropriate names should be unbanned to have a chance at changing the name

lawrawrrr
08-09-2013, 05:36 PM
I think yes, but only once a year or month or somethingg

and maybe along with this all accounts with inappropriate names should be unbanned to have a chance at changing the name

and like if you have 1 slightly inappropriate name your entire ID can be banned

i'm far too scared to log onto buttmunch cos I don't want to risk fire girl or lawrawrrr

if it's inappropriate just give the person a dialog box saying they have to change it or they'll be banned next time they log on

Cerys
08-09-2013, 05:40 PM
and like if you have 1 slightly inappropriate name your entire ID can be banned

i'm far too scared to log onto buttmunch cos I don't want to risk fire girl or lawrawrrr

if it's inappropriate just give the person a dialog box saying they have to change it or they'll be banned next time they log on

buttmunch LMFAO WOW LAURA

Yeah I never saw why inappropriate named people were never given a second chance.

steamyxo
08-09-2013, 06:14 PM
i got banned on an acc called fattmugg for having a rude name???

lawrawrrr
08-09-2013, 07:06 PM
buttmunch LMFAO WOW LAURA

Yeah I never saw why inappropriate named people were never given a second chance.

I know it's amazing isn't it

on phone xx

Papertowns
08-09-2013, 09:14 PM
i'd love this because then i'd get to fix a letter i didn't mean to make caps and then i could use my ORIGINAL acc

e5
08-09-2013, 09:20 PM
You could probably ask them to do this as it isn't really a name change!

i'd love this because then i'd get to fix a letter i didn't mean to make caps and then i could use my ORIGINAL acc

AgnesIO
08-09-2013, 10:18 PM
i just want them to delete inactive accounts so there is a wider choice of usernames

What, so active players go and make 100 each, and the smart ones go and sell them for fees of £30 each? Yeah sounds like a good plan.

Kardan
08-09-2013, 10:20 PM
No I am 100 percent against this idea for the reason that everyone else has said. If you get hacked, then your names can be taken as well as your furni. Also it will promote buying/selling of names. it's a stupid idea. Suck it up and make an new account.

How does it promote buying/selling of names? Surely it makes it less likely, since everyone can get their own name by themselves by applying for a name change rather than having to create a new account and lose badges etc?

Red
08-09-2013, 11:01 PM
How does it promote buying/selling of names? Surely it makes it less likely, since everyone can get their own name by themselves by applying for a name change rather than having to create a new account and lose badges etc?

People still want rare names... The amount of people that still come up to me to ask if they can buy my accounts is ridic. Loads of people have tons of spare good named accounts. If you can change names then it just makes it easy to sell them.

Kardan
08-09-2013, 11:25 PM
People still want rare names... The amount of people that still come up to me to ask if they can buy my accounts is ridic. Loads of people have tons of spare good named accounts. If you can change names then it just makes it easy to sell them.

Ah, I was thinking of people wanting to get uncreated accounts - having a name change option means they can have the name they want without issues.

With names in use it would be an issue, yes.

Papertowns
08-09-2013, 11:46 PM
You could probably ask them to do this as it isn't really a name change!
how do i ask them that lol i forget how to do habbo things

Posts merged by Samanfa (Forum Moderator).

e5
09-09-2013, 10:00 AM
how do i ask them that lol i forget how to do habbo things

Posts merged by Samanfa (Forum Moderator).

https://help.habbo.com/

And open a case up

Samantha
09-09-2013, 12:16 PM
I'm not sure if this is plausible, but perhaps if Habbo made all those inactive names that were merged from the US hotel automatically and made them so no one other than staff could register them. Then they could hold a variety of competitions, a player can win a name change to a name of their choice as long as it fits in with the specification.

Tyrell
09-09-2013, 03:42 PM
just hate how I can't get the 'Habbo Name' achievement because I'm not new

RyRy
09-09-2013, 04:15 PM
I think they should move in the kind of way Steam do it, where everybody can change their "nickname" (displayed to everybody else) but you have an account name behind that which can't be changed which is hidden (e.g. email is your account name, nickname is anything you want). That means you could have hundreds of people with the same nickname though, so you could proof that by putting in some kind of feature to verify who is who. Real names perhaps? Getting rid of anonymity is a step in the right direction after all.

Just to add to that, alternatively you can do it where people can't have the same nickname as somebody else BUT you can change that nickname at anytime because it doesn't affect your actual login... Why they haven't done this since the introduction of Habbo IDs is ridiculous.

BreakfastBacon
09-09-2013, 04:45 PM
I only want to change my name once really but I don't care too much I like my name :P

Daltron
13-09-2013, 11:34 PM
No.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!