PDA

View Full Version : Lying about your age on eBay?

Bear-Max
04-09-2005, 11:56 PM
I very much want to sign up to eBay to buy a few things (namely a 1GB memory stick for my PSP), but you have to be 18 to register.

Will I get away with just adding a few years to my age, or will they find out?

I mean, I'm signed up to PayPal, which is how I'll be paying for things, which is adjoined to a bank account which obviously knows all of my credentials; namely my date of birth.

I don't know what to do xD Does anyone know what happens if you're found to be lying about your details?

Corey777
04-09-2005, 11:58 PM
Yeh, to signup for eBay - one of the steps is to enter a credit card. So I advise you signup as your mom/dad.

Bear-Max
05-09-2005, 12:03 AM
Heh, thanks for the heads up.

Looks like I won't be signing up to eBay then... My Mum isn't likely to let me borrow her credit card details any time soon -.-

BLuweesH
05-09-2005, 12:17 AM
Lying about age or not, I'm not sure if they find out. But what happens when you need to use your credit card? :P

-Soph-
05-09-2005, 09:13 AM
ahh go for it xD

just make sure your mum or dad is ok with them using their credit card

ebay will never know, for gods sake they let people sell broken phones [bought by me :( got to get it fixed now!]

xJoeYx
05-09-2005, 09:54 AM
I dont suggest you lie about your age, thats never a good thing.

Use one of your parents CC (do ask permission though), get them to sympathise with you, and tell them you'll give them the money.

Bear-Max
05-09-2005, 11:13 AM
Lol. I don't intend to pay for anything with their CC, it's just a formality to register one with them when you sign up. My Mum just doesn't like the idea of her CC details on the internet.

Bah, I'll see what I can do ^^

.mcgovlau.
05-09-2005, 12:20 PM
im old enough for most things, and if u need to be 18, i can wait, i turn 18 in april hahaha

Eamonn
05-09-2005, 12:21 PM
I lied about my age for Bt Click and buy which can get my banned from habbo xD and i would lie on ebay but my mums got an account and if i wana buy stuff on her account i use my paypal details instead

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!