PDA

View Full Version : Do u remember 9/11

Yawn
11-09-2013, 11:22 AM
yes and it is the only thing i can vividly remember from around that age. i was at skl that day and then when i got home i turned on cbbc and it was the breaking news and i was rly confused so i called my mum in to put cbbc on and then she saw wat was happening on tv and was rly shocked and glued to tv rest of the evening

post ur memories thx

Kardan
11-09-2013, 11:25 AM
I was 8, and because it was Tuesday, mum would take us to the post office after school and get some starburst. Anyway, my aunt sent her a text telling her to switch the news on ASAP, so we did, and I just remember watching replays of the planes going into the towers whilst eating my starburst.

Also, we were going to Florida on September 14th - that didn't happen. Spent many many hours waiting at Gatwick to see if flights to the US would resume.

sexpot
11-09-2013, 11:26 AM
Yeah, I was in the 6th grade and a bunch of parents started pulling their kids out of school. The principal came over the intercom and told the teachers to turn on the tv and it was just shocking.

Alkaz
11-09-2013, 11:26 AM
I was in year five and just after lunch at about 1:30 the head cook came to my class as our teacher was the headteacher and said what was going on so our lessons got cancelled and we just started playing. Then a while later they sent us all home. I don't remember much else happening that day but I remember the days after and seeing the images and grasping what happened. I also remember talking with friends in the playground about what would happen if we went to war and how it would all be over in a few years... 12 years later.

buttons
11-09-2013, 11:35 AM
i just remember being at my friends house and reading it on the newspaper

e5
11-09-2013, 11:43 AM
I remember getting home from school and it being on the TV, was shocked and didn't understand at that age. Was in primary school ahh.

Some people on here weren't even born :o

GoldenMerc
11-09-2013, 11:44 AM
yeh i just got to my childminders n it was on the tv

Yawn
11-09-2013, 11:53 AM
I remember getting home from school and it being on the TV, was shocked and didn't understand at that age. Was in primary school ahh.

Some people on here weren't even born :o
there r peeps less than 12 on here?

e5
11-09-2013, 12:00 PM
Think there was a poll someone made and a few put under 12 or w.e yeah

there r peeps less than 12 on here?

lawrawrrr
11-09-2013, 12:23 PM
I remember being at school, and teachers talking to each other, then we were called into an assembly where the head teacher explained what had happened and a lot of people didn't seem to understand, idk why but I sort of got it and would tell the other kids who were messing around and talking to be quiet. We got sent home from school, my grandparents came to pick me up as my mum was on the phone with my Dad (who worked in Canary Wharf at the time), worried about if he was gonna be ok and stuff.

Then I just remember watching the news stories, but the rest of the day is a blur. The assembly really sticks in my brain for some reason though...

Ekelektra
11-09-2013, 12:33 PM
It was my dad's first day at his new job. I was asleep when it happened but my parents were in bed just listening to the news and were about to turn it off when the reports started coming in. I don't really remember what happened when I woke up though.

What I did do was I collected every picture and article about it from the newspaper and put all of the pages together to make a big huge special edition of the newspaper. I don't really know why I did that but I was really interested in it, I was 5 so probably didn't understand but I collected all the newspaper things about it and watched the news for days after it. If I remember correctly I was really interested in planes at that age so maybe that's why.

And then what I did with my big huge special edition newspaper I took it into school for show and tell. I don't think the teacher let me talk about it though my mum said she was pretty shocked that I was so interested in it haha and I don't think it would have been appropriate to have a 5 year old explaining it to other 5/6 year olds.

Red
11-09-2013, 12:43 PM
I can remember us all going to the library to watch it on tv in school and then going to my grannys (also her bday today) with my mum sis, aunts cousins. We were all sat in the living room and I remember seeing the towers fall and everyone going your always gonna remember this day.

yoshi19952
11-09-2013, 12:46 PM
I remember being in school and everyone whispering, even the teachers. I felt like everyone knew something that i didn't. and then my mum burst through the school doors and grabbed my arm and she was crying and she took me home and sat me down on the sofa and sat next to me and explained what had happened in america... I was shocked and i didn't talk for the rest of the night. For something being thousands of miles away. It feels so close to your heart!

Gina
11-09-2013, 12:57 PM
literally nothing
but i was two

Papertowns
11-09-2013, 01:04 PM
i was in school (good old grade primary) and i remember getting sent home and like idek why i'm canadian but whatever

.:Wahu:.
11-09-2013, 01:08 PM
I remember it briefly, I was almost 7 and believe I was at school having a normal day or it was the morning of the 12th and I was going to school.

But either way all I really remember was sitting in front of the tv and coverage of it was pretty much everywhere and I was wondering what was going on. I think I asked mum what had happened and she explained it to me briefly, but enough for me to understand what had happened.

That's pretty much all I remember from that day.

j0rd
11-09-2013, 01:14 PM
I was in school and remember all classes being called into a little assembly thing where they explained what happened. Couldn't understand much of it at first but remember being really shocked when seeing the pictures when I got home

wixard
11-09-2013, 01:14 PM
yes i was 9 and we got sent home from school and i remember my parents just sitting watching the news and all the neighbours were out talking to each other and me and my friends were like 'it's just buildings?' then we went and played outside

the next day in school we had a memorial and a lot of people CRIED

Kardan
11-09-2013, 01:16 PM
I feel like my school was the only one in the UK that didn't tell the kids or pull them out of classes.

Catchy
11-09-2013, 01:24 PM
I remember being at school, and teachers talking to each other, then we were called into an assembly where the head teacher explained what had happened and a lot of people didn't seem to understand, idk why but I sort of got it and would tell the other kids who were messing around and talking to be quiet. We got sent home from school, my grandparents came to pick me up as my mum was on the phone with my Dad (who worked in Canary Wharf at the time), worried about if he was gonna be ok and stuff.

Then I just remember watching the news stories, but the rest of the day is a blur. The assembly really sticks in my brain for some reason though...

Omg bet you were one of them proper annoying kids lmao!! ANYWAYS I remember getting a lift home from school and my mum was talking about it to me saying something terrible had happened, then got home and saw it for myself and just remember watching it all night. Was pissed because all my fav TV shows were cancelled that night though...

Munex
11-09-2013, 01:25 PM
I remember a teacher telling me I will never forget this day. But other than that, I can't remember a thing.

Yawn
11-09-2013, 01:32 PM
I feel like my school was the only one in the UK that didn't tell the kids or pull them out of classes.mine either :/ :\ :/ :\ :/ :\

Was pissed because all my fav TV shows were cancelled that night thoughand this it was literally all evening :@

lemons
11-09-2013, 01:40 PM
no i was like 3

i remember the 7/7 london bombings though

lawrawrrr
11-09-2013, 01:42 PM
Omg bet you were one of them proper annoying kids lmao!! ANYWAYS I remember getting a lift home from school and my mum was talking about it to me saying something terrible had happened, then got home and saw it for myself and just remember watching it all night. Was pissed because all my fav TV shows were cancelled that night though...

not all the time, i tended to keep to myself, but i just got well annoyed they didnt understand the seriousness of what had happened

Catchy
11-09-2013, 01:43 PM
not all the time, i tended to keep to myself, but i just got well annoyed they didnt understand the seriousness of what had happened

Lmao well cut them some slack, they were what 8 9 10?

Inseriousity.
11-09-2013, 01:44 PM
I feel like my school was the only one in the UK that didn't tell the kids or pull them out of classes.

Not just you, I didn't know about it til the next day and saw that iconic picture of the plane crashing into the tower!

lawrawrrr
11-09-2013, 01:45 PM
Lmao well cut them some slack, they were what 8 9 10?

hahahahah yeh thats true

so long ago now it's actually a bit depressing

Catchy
11-09-2013, 01:46 PM
Not just you, I didn't know about it til the next day and saw that iconic picture of the plane crashing into the tower!

what the hell mike... were you living under a rock? :S

Inseriousity.
11-09-2013, 01:51 PM
no when I was that age, I actually went outside haha.

wixard
11-09-2013, 01:55 PM
no when I was that age, I actually went outside haha.

yes but surely you would have sensed a change in atmosphere or something?
it was a really big deal for everyone all over the world!

Inseriousity.
11-09-2013, 02:01 PM
a change in atmosphere with 8-9 year olds? The innocence of childhood when you didn't know everything about what an evil place the world could be, I miss those days.

Yawn
11-09-2013, 02:06 PM
ur making me sad we're all old :'(

wixard
11-09-2013, 02:07 PM
a change in atmosphere with 8-9 year olds? The innocence of childhood when you didn't know everything about what an evil place the world could be, I miss those days.

i meant adults, obviously you're going to be around adults at age 8-9
specifically your parents

Inseriousity.
11-09-2013, 02:12 PM
I was blissfully ignorant until I saw the picture on the front page of the newspaper the next day (before school, I'd go to my granddads and read the paper til it was time to go). Even then, life continued same as usual really and the adults didn't give any indication that they'd changed either.

Cerys
11-09-2013, 02:21 PM
I was realllllyyyy young so I don't remember anything.

My mum says that we were driving back from my nannas and it was all over the radio on the way back.

iBlueBox
11-09-2013, 02:52 PM
I didn't get told in school, I remember coming home and all the family were watching it on TV and being annoyed that cartoons weren't on.

BreakfastBacon
11-09-2013, 03:39 PM
I was actually ill that day so was going around the town all day when we went into a shop with a big TV in suddenly the breaking news alert happened and everyone looked at the tv and we all saw the planes hitting live...horrible

karter
11-09-2013, 03:56 PM
i woke up and my mum was calling her brother who was apparently in new jersey at that time but she was still concerned

also clearly remember the time magazine's cover in the following week

Stephen
11-09-2013, 04:33 PM
no but i remember 11/9

wiktoria
11-09-2013, 06:33 PM
i was 5. i just remember wanting to watch cartoons and stuff and my mum was watching the news i was so confused

!x!dude!x!2
11-09-2013, 06:43 PM
yes i was 5

Yawn
11-09-2013, 07:22 PM
no but i remember 11/9
thats my bday in US date and my bday UK date is 9/11

interesting i know

MilksAreUs
11-09-2013, 07:46 PM
thats my bday in US date and my bday UK date is 9/11

interesting i know

Happy birthday

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Yawn
11-09-2013, 07:47 PM
Happy birthday

no 9th november sis

MilksAreUs
11-09-2013, 07:48 PM
no 9th november sis

Oh ye ahahah ha sozzlez

-:Undertaker:-
11-09-2013, 08:03 PM
I remember the day - being told about it in the playground and watching it on the news when I got in. Horrific.

IzzyUhh
11-09-2013, 08:12 PM
Nope i dont as i was only 3, but i remember every year watching documentaries on tv. also my friends birthdays today

StevenWinehouse
11-09-2013, 08:25 PM
Yea I remember 9/11. I was in Kindergarten, and I remember they sent us home to our families that day. I didn't quite understand what was going on at the time, because you know when being 5 you think that the world is all nice and perfect and you can't possibly imagine anything bad happening.

MKR&*42
11-09-2013, 08:57 PM
No I actually didn't hear that much aboutvit when it happened cause I was so young : L

AgnesIO
11-09-2013, 10:37 PM
I was 8, and because it was Tuesday, mum would take us to the post office after school and get some starburst. Anyway, my aunt sent her a text telling her to switch the news on ASAP, so we did, and I just remember watching replays of the planes going into the towers whilst eating my starburst.

Also, we were going to Florida on September 14th - that didn't happen. Spent many many hours waiting at Gatwick to see if flights to the US would resume.

It really shouldn't, but the starburst bit made me laugh :L

---

Don't really remember it, I remember our school bringing everyone to the hall so we could see what was happening on TV though.

oli
12-09-2013, 12:02 AM
i was 4 and my earliest memory was like when i was 10 so

Samantha
12-09-2013, 12:18 AM
I honestly can't really remember it, I would have been 7 and I'd have just started year 3. Knowing my school though we'd have been put in the shared area watching it or something as that's what usually happened. It's how I found out that England got knocked out of the World Cup etc. if not I'd have been at home probably watching it. We still have a newspaper from the day after it occurred with that picture on it.

Logandyer45
12-09-2013, 03:27 AM
I don't remember what grade I was in, I think it was 1st grade, I don't even remember turning on the TV to watch coverage.

Matt
12-09-2013, 09:09 AM
I was too young to remember but apparently i couldn't find the tv programs on tv at the time because every channel was covering the event, so i got mum to come in and yeah she saw it and called dad in.

Shar
12-09-2013, 11:19 AM
I remember it very briefly. My dad was watching the news and told me about it.

Daltron
13-09-2013, 11:51 PM
I think I remember but I didn't really grasp what was actually going on :( RIP

Aiden
15-09-2013, 08:22 AM
Nope. I was like 3.

myles
15-09-2013, 10:23 AM
i duno i think i was ill that day GOD KNOS XXX

Plebings
15-09-2013, 11:22 AM
surprised lots of you were so understanding, i'm like subo. didn't hear anything in school but got home to put cbbc on and it was just a news flash report all day. i remember being bored because it was my sister's birthday party so she had all her friends round.

RapLuvr334
16-09-2013, 07:17 PM
ummm i try not to think about it because i guess in a way its pretty sad

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!