PDA

View Full Version : Phone Upgrade

Ed.
13-09-2013, 10:56 AM
I'm having a bit of a dilemma at the moment. My contract expires next week - do I get an iPhone 5 now or do I wait and gamble and get either a 5S or a 5C. I was hoping the release of these would push the 5 price down but I highly doubt that will happen.

Thoughts?

Mr-Trainor
13-09-2013, 11:23 AM
What phone are you upgrading from? I'd say definitely wait and get either the 5c/5s. I would also have assumed you'd be able to get the 5c at the price the 5 was, or near enough, but I've noticed that with the pre orders of the 5c starting today some UK networks are charging ridiculous prices. E.g. I think O2 wanted £600 for one, when at Apple it's £469/£549. But yeah, I'd say don't get the 5 and then get either the 5c/5s - the 5c will be good enough out of the two, but if you want the 5s then to ahead :P. I don't think it's worth the extra money over the 5c though imo.

Alkaz
13-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Just get a Samsung S4

Ed.
13-09-2013, 01:47 PM
What phone are you upgrading from? I'd say definitely wait and get either the 5c/5s. I would also have assumed you'd be able to get the 5c at the price the 5 was, or near enough, but I've noticed that with the pre orders of the 5c starting today some UK networks are charging ridiculous prices. E.g. I think O2 wanted £600 for one, when at Apple it's £469/£549. But yeah, I'd say don't get the 5 and then get either the 5c/5s - the 5c will be good enough out of the two, but if you want the 5s then to ahead :P. I don't think it's worth the extra money over the 5c though imo.

I've got a Blackberry Bold 9780 - have had it for two years and cannot wait to get rid of it. I think I will wait to get the 5c - the 5s will be hideously overpriced and I was gonna get a 5 anyway. I'm not a massive fan of the 5c colours though - maybe go for blue or white but the other 3 colours are horrific.

Just get a Samsung S4

I just quite like iPhones.

Mr-Trainor
13-09-2013, 01:51 PM
I've got a Blackberry Bold 9780 - have had it for two years and cannot wait to get rid of it. I think I will wait to get the 5c - the 5s will be hideously overpriced and I was gonna get a 5 anyway. I'm not a massive fan of the 5c colours though - maybe go for blue or white but the other 3 colours are horrific.

I just quite like iPhones.
Yeah I only like the white and blue :P. From a blackberry, the iPhone 5c will be a big enough upgrade for you I'm sure :). And I don't think you need to spend an extra £80 to get the 5s.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!