PDA

View Full Version : Have u ever had an eating disorder?

RapLuvr334
16-09-2013, 07:13 PM
me personally i have. because when i was younger (11 ish ) i was quite large and i was always self concious about it and when iw as i think 14 i stopped eating so i would loose weight which worked quite well and i became slim but my friends were concerned for me. i dont think without their help i would of been alive today because i was declining rapidly. so yeah my friends and my discovery of wu tang klan got me thru it - rap music i think makes everyone feel happy and powerful like they can do anything and in rap i found the power inside of me to beat the disease.

i hope i never get an eating disorder again beacuse it was the worst years of my life looking back on it even though at the time it made me happy because i was becoming not fat. but yeah if i could choose between having an eating disorder or not at the time i think i would write a letter to my 14 year old self saying NOOOO dont do it!!! haha.

Thread moved from 'Discuss Anything' by Matts (Forum Super Moderator)

myles
16-09-2013, 07:22 PM
i actually totally agree with this
at the time you think its the best thing that could ever happen to u
but it really isnt.

e5
16-09-2013, 07:26 PM
never had any form of eating disorder. Luckily, I just ignore people if they say anything, but im not fat so they've no reason to anyway :P I wouldn't let myself get fat and if I did, i'd get slim because I want to, not because someone called me fat and I'd do it the right way.

MKR&*42
16-09-2013, 07:30 PM
No I like food far too much although I won't deny I have attempted to throw up food in the past. I havent really thought about going down the route thankfully even though I doslike my weight. Exercise is really a better answer but I wouldn't judge people who have had any form of eating disorder :P

RapLuvr334
16-09-2013, 07:31 PM
i actually totally agree with this
at the time you think its the best thing that could ever happen to u
but it really isnt.

im not sure about that vls beacuse i was tubby but now im slim so maybe it was a good thing idk because im on the soccer team now and my girlfriends a cheerleader so lifes good haha!

Kardan
16-09-2013, 07:31 PM
Nope :)

buttons
16-09-2013, 07:33 PM
never had a problem with the way my body looks so no, not anorexia/bulimia BUT for a year or so i was obsessed with health and only wanted to eat 'pure, clean' food. i began to eat less and less types of food because there was always some sort of information saying how bad they were and i eventually got too scared to eat anything i hadn't seen be properly prepared or weren't from health store. thankfully i realised i cant rly control what is in food and i'll never really know & everything i do eat should be fine in moderation, so i eat what i want when i want now. there's an eating disorder called orthorexia which is probably what i was going through. it is just as life-ruining as any other eating disorder cause i refused to eat what everyone else was eating or go to restaurants etc and i ended up fainting a lot due to lack of nutrients.

its not rly well known but i think its becoming more highlighted. "“orthorexia nervosa,” a term which literally means “fixation on righteous eating.” Orthorexia starts out as an innocent attempt to eat more healthfully, but orthorexics become fixated on food quality and purity. They become consumed with what and how much to eat, and how to deal with “slip-ups.” An iron-clad will is needed to maintain this rigid eating style. Every day is a chance to eat right, be “good,” rise above others in dietary prowess, and self-punish if temptation wins (usually through stricter eating, fasts and exercise). Self-esteem becomes wrapped up in the purity of orthorexics’ diet and they sometimes feel superior to others, especially in regard to food intake.Eventually food choices become so restrictive, in both variety and calories, that health suffers – an ironic twist for a person so completely dedicated to healthy eating. Eventually, the obsession with healthy eating can crowd out other activities and interests, impair relationships, and become physically dangerous."

RapLuvr334
16-09-2013, 07:35 PM
never had a problem with the way my body looks so no, not anorexia/bulimia BUT for a year or so i was obsessed with health and only wanted to eat 'pure, clean' food. i began to eat less and less types of food because there was always some sort of information saying how bad they were and i eventually got too scared to eat anything i hadn't seen be properly prepared or weren't from health store. thankfully i realised i cant rly control what is in food and i'll never really know & everything i do eat should be fine in moderation, so i eat what i want when i want now. there's an eating disorder called orthorexia which is probably what i was going through. it is just as life-ruining as any other eating disorder cause i refused to eat what everyone else was eating or go to restaurants etc and i ended up fainting a lot due to lack of nutrients.

its not rly well known but i think its becoming more highlighted. "“orthorexia nervosa,” a term which literally means “fixation on righteous eating.” Orthorexia starts out as an innocent attempt to eat more healthfully, but orthorexics become fixated on food quality and purity. They become consumed with what and how much to eat, and how to deal with “slip-ups.” An iron-clad will is needed to maintain this rigid eating style. Every day is a chance to eat right, be “good,” rise above others in dietary prowess, and self-punish if temptation wins (usually through stricter eating, fasts and exercise). Self-esteem becomes wrapped up in the purity of orthorexics’ diet and they sometimes feel superior to others, especially in regard to food intake.Eventually food choices become so restrictive, in both variety and calories, that health suffers – an ironic twist for a person so completely dedicated to healthy eating. Eventually, the obsession with healthy eating can crowd out other activities and interests, impair relationships, and become physically dangerous."

yea i know someone that used to have that but they moved away to portugal when we were 15 and i havent seen her since but i think she had it because (no offense to her) but she was a bit overweight and also she had ginger hair and people used to make fun of her for that which is pretty horrible if u ask me.

Absently
16-09-2013, 08:55 PM
nah, but i would just randomly starve myself just because

(p.s. wu tang clan are awesome, i saw them a few weeks back!!!)

karter
16-09-2013, 09:01 PM
i've been treated for binge eating disorder. Never used to eat anything the whole day without feeling hungry or tired then I used to realize that I haven't eaten at all and since I was so conscious about me being really underweight, I used to rage eat and most of the time I used to throw up or get sick eugh whatever it was messed up and I lost loads of weight but it's better now

Shar
16-09-2013, 09:02 PM
I've never suffered from a disorder.

wixard
16-09-2013, 09:07 PM
nope and never even crossed my mind before

Futz
16-09-2013, 10:16 PM
No I have always been very grateful that I don't gain weight easily

My heart goes out to all you cuties that have

i love you wixard

FlyingJesus
16-09-2013, 11:21 PM
Yep so much FUN

Daltron
19-09-2013, 06:06 AM
I probably do now and I know it's bad but meh

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!