PDA

View Full Version : [Runescape] Bonds!

TonyBest
25-09-2013, 05:32 PM
Jagex have today released a new update dedicated to eradicating any gold selling bots by introducing a system called RuneScape Bonds. These bonds, can be bought through Jagex's billing page starting at £3, or through the Grand Exchange and other players for gp, which if done through the GE or another player will give you an untradeable version, which requires a GP convert (10% of its GE value) to convert into a tradeable version.

They can be used to trade for other goods, or converted entirely into one of 3 options: 14 days membership, 160 Runecoins or 8 spins on the Squeal of Fortune.

For more info see http://services.runescape.com/m=news/an-important-message-from-mod-mmg

Inseriousity.
25-09-2013, 06:05 PM
Least my good good rs friends will know what to get me for christmas

Zak
25-09-2013, 06:16 PM
Well I have a bill gp now what

Kardan
25-09-2013, 06:44 PM
This is a great idea and should sort out the majority of the issues and give everyone some great benefits :)

IceNineKills
25-09-2013, 07:06 PM
i bought 1 bond for £3 and it sold for 6m on GE. now that £3 could of got me 15m from a gold farmer.

can't see this working too well.

Kardan
25-09-2013, 07:08 PM
i bought 1 bond for £3 and it sold for 6m on GE. now that £3 could of got me 15m from a gold farmer.

can't see this working too well.

15m and a ban, along with a chance of them stealing your credit card details and a chance of not getting anything at all... Plus, when bond prices rise after the initial few days, goldfarmers are going to get a lot less profit and customers...

Because people can buy membership/spins/runecoins with gp this system will work wonders :)

IceNineKills
25-09-2013, 07:18 PM
15m and a ban, along with a chance of them stealing your credit card details and a chance of not getting anything at all... Plus, when bond prices rise after the initial few days, goldfarmers are going to get a lot less profit and customers...

Because people can buy membership/spins/runecoins with gp this system will work wonders :)

i still can't see this having a huge impact on the goldfamers. i look at it like, why spend £100 in a shop for a jacket you like when you know a guy that can get the same jacket for £30 on a back lorry job.

Zak
25-09-2013, 07:36 PM
I value my acc too much to RWT. Tbh 8m per bond is gd enough for me.

But I do see what he's saying about the why pay x when you get get it for x

Sent from iPhone.

Kyle
25-09-2013, 08:07 PM
so rs is essentially selling gold for money... desperate times call for desperate measures, I guess. microtransactions were bad but this just takes the biscuit lol

Kardan
25-09-2013, 08:22 PM
so rs is essentially selling gold for money... desperate times call for desperate measures, I guess. microtransactions were bad but this just takes the biscuit lol

There is a slight difference, the gp you buy is coming from other players that is already in the game. So no extra gp is being injected in the game, so markets won't suffer any major deflation.

---------- Post added 25-09-2013 at 09:23 PM ----------

i still can't see this having a huge impact on the goldfamers. i look at it like, why spend £100 in a shop for a jacket you like when you know a guy that can get the same jacket for £30 on a back lorry job.

Because some people may not want to risk buying stolen goods etc :P

Zelda
25-09-2013, 08:40 PM
i absolutely love this tbh, solves my problem of having to buy mems off people perfectly :P already got till like january woo

Zak
26-09-2013, 03:22 PM
Are we expecting a rares crash? As there is no cash being injected into the game anymore? I know people can still skill but I'm thinking everything will decrease in time.. unless bots come back.

Swinkid
26-09-2013, 06:15 PM
Can I point out EVE online has done this system in the form of "PLEX" which give you 30 in game time; there is very little or no RWT in eve. I think this is a good call Jagex.

Kardan
26-09-2013, 08:15 PM
Are we expecting a rares crash? As there is no cash being injected into the game anymore? I know people can still skill but I'm thinking everything will decrease in time.. unless bots come back.

If no cash goes into the game, surely you'd expect them to rise? Things decrease overtime because of goldfarmers, look at Dragon Bones etc.

Zak
26-09-2013, 10:58 PM
If no cash goes into the game, surely you'd expect them to rise? Things decrease overtime because of goldfarmers, look at Dragon Bones etc.

I would have thought because of the lack of bots gp will become more scarce thus making people not able to sell their items for as much?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!