PDA

View Full Version : Steve Ballmer's intense, tearful goodbye to Microsoft

xxMATTGxx
28-09-2013, 09:55 AM
Exclusive video: Steve Ballmer's intense, tearful goodbye to Microsoft

Outgoing Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has always been a speaker and performer like no other — his absolute enthusiasm for his company is electric in person, turning ordinary corporate events into raw displays of emotion that are often criticized but never forgotten.

That energy was on full display earlier this week, as Ballmer led his last Microsoft employee meeting as CEO — he's announced his plan to step down within 12 months, and the search for a new chief executive is currently underway. And while earlier reports hinted at the intensity of Ballmer's feelings during his speech, The Verge has obtained exclusive video of Ballmer's final moments on stage. It is powerful and touching footage — one of the most influential men in the history of technology saying goodbye to the company he helped create. It is also vintage, perfect Steve Ballmer: intense, emotional, and set to the Dirty Dancing soundtrack. The tech industry will never again have anyone like him.

Watch the video at the bottom of the article by going to: http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/27/4779036/exclusive-video-steve-ballmers-intense-tearful-goodbye-to-microsoft

---

Whatever your views are on Steve, you have to say he sure did love working for Microsoft and sure loved the company for what it is. I don't actually have anything bad to say about him apart from have respect. What do you think?

iBlueBox
28-09-2013, 11:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhh_GeBPOhs

GommeInc
28-09-2013, 04:52 PM
Not overly keen on him because of keynotes but that may just be a racist thing :P

He did stuff up Microsoft in the past few years, but he is passionate about the company. Overall, not too fussed he is leaving.

AgnesIO
28-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Not overly keen on him because of keynotes but that may just be a racist thing :P

He did stuff up Microsoft in the past few years, but he is passionate about the company. Overall, not too fussed he is leaving.

Their gross profit has continued to rise though.

Firehorse
28-09-2013, 11:11 PM
I never really liked that guy, and I don't think he was ever the best man for the job; glad to see him go.

Metric1
28-09-2013, 11:59 PM
did he pop a molly before this?

oli
29-09-2013, 12:23 AM
wearing jack ups and the way he walks really frustrates me
wearing a yellow polo too what??????????
he's like one of those dorky white kids who goes on a lads holiday

Mr-Trainor
29-09-2013, 04:26 PM
From what I've seen from him, which wasn't much really, he certainly seemed enthusiastic and I quite liked him.

GommeInc
29-09-2013, 05:06 PM
Their gross profit has continued to rise though.
Which is quite interesting given how they seem to be getting a lot of negative press over Windows 8 and Windows Phone. That said, I don't know many people who have openly said and acted upon not getting a PC and move to an alternative because of Windows 8, as they tend to just customise the OS to operate similar to 7 :/

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!