now shes probably going to get ticss+vip meet an greet

---------- Post added 28-09-2013 at 05:14 PM ----------

lucky cow

Yawn
28-09-2013, 04:43 PM
typical directioner, a belieber wouldnt do this

GommeInc
28-09-2013, 04:57 PM
She needs immediate help. That's pretty stupid, selfish and incredibly pathetic. If I was her father I would slap hard, lock her up in a padded room and tell her to grow up. They're just a band, which are liked for their looks before their musical talent. It's shocking how obsessed people are with music - it existed in the past but not to this extreme :/

Eoin247
28-09-2013, 10:17 PM
She probably did this hoping she would get the attention of the band. It seems unlikely that she would actually intend to commit suicide just over this, unless she had some large underlying problems.

typical directioner, a belieber wouldnt do this

Wasn't there a girl a few years back who commited suicide because of a picture showing selena gomez and bieber kissing ?

Mark
28-09-2013, 11:14 PM
One less of them in the world! Jokes aside, this shows how utterly ridiculous society is becoming over a pop band.

Eoin247
29-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Just saying, while i hate this kind of pop culture, that this type of fanaticism ain't new. A girl jumped in front of a train because jackie chan wouldn't marry her, and rock bands were regularly in the news in the last century for being linked with suicides like this.

karter
29-09-2013, 02:27 PM
She needs immediate help.

If I was her father I would slap hard, lock her up in a padded room and tell her to grow up.

Your definition of help is just royally messed up.

Yawn
29-09-2013, 03:49 PM
She probably did this hoping she would get the attention of the band. It seems unlikely that she would actually intend to commit suicide just over this, unless she had some large underlying problems.

Wasn't there a girl a few years back who commited suicide because of a picture showing selena gomez and bieber kissing ?

no.

Shockwave.2CC
29-09-2013, 04:31 PM
What a ***

Enough said

GommeInc
29-09-2013, 04:52 PM
Your definition of help is just royally messed up.
How so? She's a selfish little girl putting her obsessive behaviour and cries for attention before the thoughts and feelings of her family, friends and onlookers. She needs help and to be disciplined - it was an incredibly stupid thing to do. Hopefully she will be haunted by her ignorance in the future, long after One Direction's looks have gone south (as that is the primary reason they are famous, their music isn't what has made them popular).

Absently
29-09-2013, 04:53 PM
idk i doubt that it was JUST because of this.. she obviously has deeper problems. i call ********

Yawn
29-09-2013, 04:59 PM
do u think gommeinc has ever made a post that doesnt reiterate that a teen pop sensation is only popular for their appearance when it isnt rly relavant

Absently
29-09-2013, 05:24 PM
How so? She's a selfish little girl putting her obsessive behaviour and cries for attention before the thoughts and feelings of her family, friends and onlookers. She needs help and to be disciplined - it was an incredibly stupid thing to do. Hopefully she will be haunted by her ignorance in the future, long after One Direction's looks have gone south (as that is the primary reason they are famous, their music isn't what has made them popular).i'm just curious as to whether you have this view with everyone who attempts to commit suicide or just this situation? 'cus i really don't believe this is the only reason why yano what the media are like

GommeInc
29-09-2013, 05:30 PM
do u think gommeinc has ever made a post that doesnt reiterate that a teen pop sensation is only popular for their appearance when it isnt rly relavant
It is relevant. Look at any comment by a fan and their first port of call is to talk about their looks. It's "Oh Harry Styles is so sexy!" It's never, "Harry Styles has a great voice." Yet when you see famous musicians, people usually reiterate the fact they can sing "He's amazing" etc., with emphasis on their musical talent. You get it with Cliff Richard, Muse, Lady Gaga, Tom Jones, to name a few- people who write their own music (mostly) and use music as a way to teach and mentor people. Bieber, One Direction, Little Kicks (or Minx?) tend to not have any conceivable talent, with the real talent being the auto-tune machine which deserves more credit and recognition than the poster figures getting the glory. Heck, these people are often abused by the very fame they receive, with death threats being made back and forth by crazy fans and angry anti-fans.

Music isn't relevant when talking about pop sensations in this day and age, apparently.

Just something I keep noticing whenever a new band comes on the news or is talked about. Looks come before musical talent.

GommeInc
29-09-2013, 06:00 PM
Missed cupcake's response so merge this if you like. It seems rude not to respond to a perfectly valid question :)

i'm just curious as to whether you have this view with everyone who attempts to commit suicide or just this situation? 'cus i really don't believe this is the only reason why yano what the media are like
In this case it's the situation. She has no real reason to feel compelled to commit suicide. However, in contrast, people who think they should end their lives because they are are bullied to the point they can take no more deserve a lot of respect, because no one should be made to feel worthless to the point of killing themselves. Wanting to kill yourself because you didn't get tickets to see a band is incredibly pathetic, as the situation does not call for it. It's just some dumb girl with issues on understanding important things and priorities. Heck, the word "issues" is debatable - she may not have any known mental issues as such, and just crave attention. Either way, she's pretty stupid thinking about climbing over a balcony - let alone actually doing it.

karter
29-09-2013, 06:22 PM
How so? She's a selfish little girl putting her obsessive behaviour and cries for attention before the thoughts and feelings of her family, friends and onlookers. She needs help and to be disciplined - it was an incredibly stupid thing to do. Hopefully she will be haunted by her ignorance in the future, long after One Direction's looks have gone south (as that is the primary reason they are famous, their music isn't what has made them popular).

'Helping' a girl who just tried to commit suicide by hitting her. Fab

Regardless of how stupid her action was, disciplining by physical means is a closed minded, shallow approach which will only make it worse.

Kardan
29-09-2013, 08:00 PM

Probably about 23,691? :P

On topic; stupid girl really. Needs help.

Yawn
29-09-2013, 08:26 PM
It is relevant. Look at any comment by a fan and their first port of call is to talk about their looks. It's "Oh Harry Styles is so sexy!" It's never, "Harry Styles has a great voice." Yet when you see famous musicians, people usually reiterate the fact they can sing "He's amazing" etc., with emphasis on their musical talent. You get it with Cliff Richard, Muse, Lady Gaga, Tom Jones, to name a few- people who write their own music (mostly) and use music as a way to teach and mentor people. Bieber, One Direction, Little Kicks (or Minx?) tend to not have any conceivable talent, with the real talent being the auto-tune machine which deserves more credit and recognition than the poster figures getting the glory. Heck, these people are often abused by the very fame they receive, with death threats being made back and forth by crazy fans and angry anti-fans.

Music isn't relevant when talking about pop sensations in this day and age, apparently.

Just something I keep noticing whenever a new band comes on the news or is talked about. Looks come before musical talent.
none of the artists u mentioned need auto tune tho. all sing live, write their material and some of them dance as well and produce their songs :O

GommeInc
29-09-2013, 09:26 PM
One Direction do not write their own songs. They are written by the same person/people (Max Martin, Savan Kotecha, Rami Yacoub and Carl Falk) who wrote Backstreet Boys, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Britney Spears' songs. They do not produce their own music, it is usually produced by Rami Yacoub and Carl Falk. This information is freely available online and probably even on their albums somewhere (a legal requirement these days)...

Bieber has Usher as his producer as far as I am aware. He can write his own songs but his attitude and personality stink, but he looks nice which makes him an angel.

Also, singing with a backing track isn't singing live. Nearly all artists do it these days, but it isn't live music. It's no more live than singing to your favourite song holding a hair brush in your hand.

Absently
29-09-2013, 09:44 PM
One Direction do not write their own songs. They are written by the same person/people (Max Martin, Savan Kotecha, Rami Yacoub and Carl Falk) who wrote Backstreet Boys, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Britney Spears' songs. They do not produce their own music, it is usually produced by Rami Yacoub and Carl Falk. This information is freely available online and probably even on their albums somewhere (a legal requirement these days)...

Bieber has Usher as his producer as far as I am aware. He can write his own songs but his attitude and personality stink, but he looks nice which makes him an angel.

Also, singing with a backing track isn't singing live. Nearly all artists do it these days, but it isn't live music. It's no more live than singing to your favourite song holding a hair brush in your hand.
idk much about anyone else, but i do know that one direction do contribute to writing their songs obviously accompanied with other writers but they DO contribute to writing and honestly, if you're actually in one of these fandoms you'll see a lot of people really obsess over how amazing their voices are (if yah have a tumblr you'd see such things)

RyRy
29-09-2013, 10:17 PM
I don't think it matters whether the band are **** (One Direction, Union J, or any other fake ass snapback "swaggy" boyband) or amazing (Muse, Beatles and any band the opposite of One Direction). The fact is the girl is stupid as hell, I mean if she jumped she wouldn't get One Direction tickets in the first place so I mean her idea was totally flawed lol.

I'm sorry but I have zero sympathy for this girl, her own obsession over a boyband got her to that point, that's nobody's fault but herself. You can like a boyband without feeling like you have to jump out of a window. I feel more sympathetic for the parents who have to deal with a child who probably values Harry Styles DNA' over her own flesh and blood.

To most of the forum members who think "aww, poor her", think about it this way: A girl is being abused by her friends at school, nobody listens to her and thus resorts to cutting herself. She doesn't get help and attempts suicide. That's a tragic story to feel sorry for. Nothing drove this girl to attempt suicide other than greed and obsession.

I hope One Direction don't offer the girl anything, and completely shun the girl. To give that girl attention and the tickets she so craved to the point she tried jumping out a window, is simply saying to their fan base, "JUMP OUT WINDOWS, WE'LL GIVE YOU FREE TICKETS". I really hope they're not that idiotic.

Yawn
30-09-2013, 10:04 AM
One Direction do not write their own songs. They are written by the same person/people (Max Martin, Savan Kotecha, Rami Yacoub and Carl Falk) who wrote Backstreet Boys, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Britney Spears' songs.

Bieber has Usher as his producer as far as I am aware

ok

This information is freely available online and probably even on their albums somewhere (a legal requirement these days)... i'd suggest that u check this freely available info b4 u write all this GommeInc; because i see many lies :L

karter
30-09-2013, 10:28 AM
"no real reason to feel compelled to commit suicide."

A SUICIDE IS A SUICIDE NO MATTER HOW STUPID YOU THINK THE REASON BEHIND IT MAY BE.

And if you think that her parents hitting her to teach her a lesson(despite the fact that she attempted to end her life) is justified then I really hope you never have kids

Zak
30-09-2013, 11:15 AM

Couldn't have put it better myself

Oleh
30-09-2013, 11:19 AM
And if you think that her parents hitting her to teach her a lesson(despite the fact that she attempted to end her life) is justified then I really hope you never have kids

Maybe it'd knock some sense into her?

karter
30-09-2013, 03:34 PM
Maybe it'd knock some sense into her?

Knock some sense in yourself, hitting children is never justified

MKR&*42
30-09-2013, 03:36 PM
I love how all threads on suicide never end in some form of argument :]]]]]]]]]]

OT; Shame but although she shouldn't be hmm "obsessive" in that way, there was no denying something was clearly emotionally/mentally wrong with her if her attachment to a band grew that strong that she'd either attempt or pull a stunt to prove a point. I don't necessarily respect people who do such things, but at the same time her state of mind must have been beyond abnormal.

Absently
30-09-2013, 03:42 PM
I love how all threads on suicide never end in some form of argument :]]]]]]]]]]

OT; Shame but although she shouldn't be hmm "obsessive" in that way, there was no denying something was clearly emotionally/mentally wrong with her if her attachment to a band grew that strong that she'd either attempt or pull a stunt to prove a point. I don't necessarily respect people who do such things, but at the same time her state of mind must have been beyond abnormal.
yeah, this exactly. there's obviously something wrong with her, hitting her is not going to help her in anyway. she needs immediate help not horrible punishment.

Succubus
30-09-2013, 04:02 PM
She clearly needs help, like professional help, not a "slap on the wrist go to your bedroom" thing. As others said "hitting" really doesn't help..

Oleh
30-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Knock some sense in yourself, hitting children is never justified

If the story is true, then it'd be justified in my eyes.

AgnesIO
30-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Keeping this short and simple...

Bloody idiot.

Lee
30-09-2013, 04:30 PM
I normally take a very sympathetic approach to suicide in general, but I have no sympathy for this attention seeker. It appears that she didn't intent to jump at all.

GommeInc
30-09-2013, 08:43 PM
I normally take a very sympathetic approach to suicide in general, but I have no sympathy for this attention seeker. It appears that she didn't intent to jump at all.
I'm in the same boat. It's incredibly unlikely she was going to jump (therefore not contemplating suicide, but just making a scene). She's stupid. She's probably fine in the head too, as not all stupid people are necessarily mentally ill, just selfish to the point of endangering themselves like in this case, or uneducated or unknowing.

"no real reason to feel compelled to commit suicide."

A SUICIDE IS A SUICIDE NO MATTER HOW STUPID YOU THINK THE REASON BEHIND IT MAY BE.

I wouldn't have a child as stupid as this, and if I did I would slap her and tell her to show some respect for her herself, her family, friends and strangers. Maybe if she was well disciplined she wouldn't be such a stupid, selfish girl, as clearly her lack of discipline caused her to endanger herself and others.

lemons
30-09-2013, 09:26 PM
dedicated fan i guess pmsl

karter
01-10-2013, 07:23 AM
I'm in the same boat. It's incredibly unlikely she was going to jump (therefore not contemplating suicide, but just making a scene). She's stupid. She's probably fine in the head too, as not all stupid people are necessarily mentally ill, just selfish to the point of endangering themselves like in this case, or uneducated or unknowing.

I wouldn't have a child as stupid as this, and if I did I would slap her and tell her to show some respect for her herself, her family, friends and strangers. Maybe if she was well disciplined she wouldn't be such a stupid, selfish girl, as clearly her lack of discipline caused her to endanger herself and others.

If a parent is more into the fact that their child trying to kill themselves disrespected their family and friends and not the fact that their child took such a large step, that they all of a sudden felt like kill themselves, then they seem selfish to me. 'Disciplining' by physical means almost always have a drastic effect on a child's mental health..and we're talking about a girl who tried to kill herself

Phil
01-10-2013, 11:18 AM
If she didn't kill herself for this her parents beating her around the place might push her a little further but that's ok ;llllllllll *sarcasm*

GommeInc
04-10-2013, 10:48 AM
If a parent is more into the fact that their child trying to kill themselves disrespected their family and friends and not the fact that their child took such a large step, that they all of a sudden felt like kill themselves, then they seem selfish to me. 'Disciplining' by physical means almost always have a drastic effect on a child's mental health..and we're talking about a girl who tried to kill herself
Ah, but did she actually want to kill herself? She might just be attention seeking - in fact it's arguable she was more likely attention seeking than actually trying to kill herself. You have to read her intentions, rather than perceive it from the perspective of an onlooker.

Either way, she's a selfish girl. Her friends should be disgusted by her selfish actions as she won't be just hurting herself, but those who cherish her - yet she clearly does not cherish them as she puts a boy band before the thoughts and feelings of her friends and family - people she emotionally, physically and mentally relates to. If her friends abandon her for this stupid act, then she has a reason to kill herself - but she clearly has no reason to and just appears to be doing it for attention. Let's hope One Direction shun her, now that will really teach her to grow up.

Also, I like how people think I meant punch her red and blue, when what I actually said was to slap her. Slapping isn't actually a dangerous method. It was debunked at least a year ago that slapping a child isn't bad, because the human mind isn't fragile unless you make it fragile (and not punishing a child makes a child fragile - either from not slapping or shouting). Children who were slapped decades before the current generation have grown up to understand respect and restraint. The only ones that grew up with mental health issues were ones that were violently abused, which is a different matter altogether. Actual professionals state that restraint and moderation should be taken, and it should not go beyond the intended means of disciplining a child from what is deemed reasonable. If a tap or being pulled to one side for some verbal discipling teaches a lesson, then a lesson is learned. Dragging to a hospital to be told you're an amazing person by a doctor is only useful for actual suicidal thoughts, when suicidal actions are only one half of the story and require actual intent.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!