PDA

View Full Version : Time only showing?? (+rep)

Absently
30-09-2013, 03:04 PM
FIRST OFF, I'm a complete and utter noob when it comes to technology so please don't laugh if it's completely and utterly obvious!

Right, so my laptop has just come back from repairs and I've noticed something a tad annoying :( In the bottom right hand corner only the time is showing, but not the date, unless you click on it (if you hover over it too it works) Just wondering, how the heck you show it all :S Like I said, I am a complete and utter silly billy, it's probably super easy but still! Free rep for a simple question. It's a windows 8 if that's necessary???

For a bonus point aswell, why do I have to hold FN now to turn up the sound on the laptop, whereas before I'm pretty sure I didn't??? I might be wrong because I've been out of action for so long and my laptop is all silly and stuff now :'(

lawrawrrr
30-09-2013, 03:10 PM
Is your taskbar big enough? It has to be a certain height to show the date as well;

http://i.imgur.com/tGOmIY6.png

that's like the minimum I think.

As for volume, that's usually due to your laptop default settings so you probably had to do that before :/

Absently
30-09-2013, 03:26 PM
Is your taskbar big enough? It has to be a certain height to show the date as well;

http://i.imgur.com/tGOmIY6.png

that's like the minimum I think.

As for volume, that's usually due to your laptop default settings so you probably had to do that before :/
It's an installed taskbar (which I didn't install myself - I had a different one before) and I've no clue how to make it larger without unlocking te taskbar and pulling it up so it's gigantic :'(

I am literally 100% sure before I was able to just turn it up and down

edit: i figured it out haha, ty x

lawrawrrr
30-09-2013, 03:27 PM
It's an installed taskbar (which I didn't install myself - I had a different one before) and I've no clue how to make it larger without unlocking te taskbar and pulling it up so it's gigantic :'(

I am literally 100% sure before I was able to just turn it up and down

ooooh i see, do you know what the old one was? and for the volume you might need to google your specific laptop model to see how thats possible, probably like a permanent fn button type thing

Samantha
01-10-2013, 07:53 PM
My volume usually does that at random times, but for the majority I don't have to push FN down. Maybe previously you didn't have to, but maybe you have to at odd times - do you still have to do it all the time now?

If the time and date didn't work correctly I know you can change whether you want the date on or not I believe and which way you want it, as in DD/MM/YYYY etc. :P.

Absently
01-10-2013, 08:04 PM
My volume usually does that at random times, but for the majority I don't have to push FN down. Maybe previously you didn't have to, but maybe you have to at odd times - do you still have to do it all the time now?

If the time and date didn't work correctly I know you can change whether you want the date on or not I believe and which way you want it, as in DD/MM/YYYY etc. :P.yeah i still do!! as far as i am aware i deffo didn't have to before which is a tad annoying! for a brand new laptop my laptop is craaaaaaaaaaaaaaap. word of warning to anyone - do not buy toshiba laptops from argos :P i had one for a month and the touchpad broke on the last day of my warranty and then my second laptops motherboard broke and they wouldn't take it back because i lost the receipt but had the box with the argos stickers and all that stuff :'( had to fix it myself cost me 230 quid like half of what the laptop itself was worth.. :/

Kardan
01-10-2013, 08:04 PM
http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/138926-how-show-time-date-taskbar.html

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!