PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon X & Y Discussion Thread

Yawn
11-10-2013, 11:38 AM
k so the games r out in UK today if u pre ordered from game, officially out tomorrow :Innocent:

discuss ur progress in here :Innocent:

Chris
11-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Mine arrived yesterday from shopto! Really good so far, trying to take my time though cause I don't want to finish it straight away.

Yawn
11-10-2013, 12:09 PM
mine arrived today but no1 in to sign for it. now coming on monday cos they dont deliver on weekends so im just gonna cry this whole weekend

Kardan
11-10-2013, 12:31 PM
I get mine tomorrow :'(

Fict
11-10-2013, 04:28 PM
getting mine today wowowow cant wait

xxMATTGxx
11-10-2013, 05:13 PM
I was going to get this but will probably get it a later point. Saving up for another product :P

poopclub
11-10-2013, 07:07 PM
pahahah i got it today, it's so fun tbh.
r u jealous
yes
u r

Samantha
11-10-2013, 07:18 PM
I got mine today, not preorder though as I'm too cool for that. I'm going to play it in a bit though as I bought Max a copy, so I'll see him then play on it :D.

wixard
11-10-2013, 08:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43GChXc6RVY

Edited by Nick (Forum Super Moderator): Please stay on topic.

Yawn
11-10-2013, 09:10 PM
wtf stop it tara :'(

Edited by Nick (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly

Plebings
12-10-2013, 10:29 PM
first time i've ever gone for a grass starter. chespin is the cutest thing ever.

Chris
12-10-2013, 10:53 PM
first time i've ever gone for a grass starter. chespin is the cutest thing ever.

All the starters look great but imo the fully evolved forms of chespin and fennekin are awful. :( I went for froakie which is the first time I've gone for anything other than a fire type. :0

Plebings
12-10-2013, 10:56 PM
All the starters look great but imo the fully evolved forms of chespin and fennekin are awful. :( I went for froakie which is the first time I've gone for anything other than a fire type. :0

i think chespin's final is amazing. i pretty much always go for fire, so seeing the final of fennekin beforehand has put me straight off. yolo.

Fict
13-10-2013, 12:15 AM
i chose chespin not knowing its final evo is so weird-looking sigh

Empired
13-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Fennekin is the cutest thing ever but I only ever choose the water type as a starter. Keep meaning to get X 'cause the legendary is so much nicer but I haven't had time yet. Plus I'm saving up for something else :rolleyes:

Also I am reluctant to get it because you can actually sit on the benches and it's like wtf everyone knows when you play pokemon and you try to sit down you just keep crashing into the bench + walk against the side of it while that little "bzzt" sound plays.

Yawn
13-10-2013, 03:50 PM
chespin > fennekin > froakie
frogadier > braixen >>>>>> quil thing
delphox > greninja > chesnaught

imo delphox is the only decent final evo but even then its not particulary gd. greninja couldve been rly gd if it didnt have that god awful tongue scarf. i will still be using froakie as my starter with reluctance because it will fit the typing of my pre-planned team perfectly

Matthew
13-10-2013, 04:42 PM
really want this but I don't have a 3DS :(

Cosmic
14-10-2013, 01:34 PM

Exactly the same here. I just went with the best of a bad bunch.

Can't wait for this bank thing so I can get my older pokes over.

Kardan
14-10-2013, 02:40 PM
I get my copy of X in a few hours... Finally! :P

Samantha
14-10-2013, 02:54 PM
really want this but I don't have a 3DS :(

Buy one, or a 2DS, to be honest though, I haven't seen that much on 3D yet lmao.

Yawn
14-10-2013, 03:25 PM
the x and y pokemon master has been playing all afternoon (me)

just beat the 1st gym and so far have frogadier lvl 17, flechinder lvl 17 which will be permanent members of my team. i also have a lvl 5 pikachu and a scatterbug about lvl 5 both for no apparent reason but exp share is now doing its job. :clap:

Matthew
14-10-2013, 06:08 PM
Buy one, or a 2DS, to be honest though, I haven't seen that much on 3D yet lmao.

I would but the only game I'd play on it is Pokemon- and £130 is a lot to spend on something for that one purpose :P

Yawn
14-10-2013, 07:22 PM
i love my skiddo :Heart:

ChitChatCityLUV
15-10-2013, 05:29 AM
i'm planning to buy a copy of x, can anyone rate it from 1-10?

Cosmic
15-10-2013, 09:13 AM
10, it's the best Pokémon game yet.

Southe,
15-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Slightly off topic but did anyone watch the Pokemon Origin special? Lots of nods to Red and Green games.
Its a shame the actual anime wasn't more like this.
Red > Ash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgc81i06qwY

On the game haven't played it that much but shall get into it more at the weekend and next week. Anyone confirm for me if there's a Mega transform for marowak?

Yawn
15-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Slightly off topic but did anyone watch the Pokemon Origin special? Lots of nods to Red and Green games.
Its a shame the actual anime wasn't more like this.
Red > Ash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgc81i06qwY

On the game haven't played it that much but shall get into it more at the weekend and next week. Anyone confirm for me if there's a Mega transform for marowak?

YES I LOVED IT SO MUCH

Plebings
15-10-2013, 12:17 PM
been trying to find a ralts for agessss

Yawn
15-10-2013, 12:18 PM
just got my fossil and got an amaura :Heart:

ive played 10hrs and i've not even done the 2nd gym llolololololololol

Cosmic
15-10-2013, 01:45 PM
@Southe, I don't think there's a Mega Marowak

Kardan
15-10-2013, 02:53 PM
I'm 8 hours in and just got passed 3rd gym, but I'm pretty sure I've missed so many wild Pokémon. Pokedex is around 120 at the moment, caught about 40?

Samantha
15-10-2013, 02:55 PM
On the Pokémon quiz here, http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=788832 I've realised that I put start not starter Pokémon and then it says there are 10 questions - there are only 5 don't worry! If you enter that is.

Anyway, I have a few Pokémon my Chespin has evolved and so has my Torchic. Have you all got your surprise Torchic btw?

Plebings
15-10-2013, 03:53 PM
so far: quilladin, fletchinder, ralts, squirtle - permanment members of team plebings. azurill and dunsparce are just tagging along for the ride, i'm sure deep down they know they'll be replaced. i'm not sure which other 2 pokemon i want to join my final party, trying to think of an efficient way of getting porygon z, and also hoping for a 3 stage dragon, electric or rock evolution. CHOICES. might be choosing goomy.

Kardan
15-10-2013, 04:04 PM
My current team: Greninja, Charmeleon, Simisage, Tyrunt, Espeon, Lucario

Simisage and Tyrunt are probably up for changing at some point :)

Cosmic
15-10-2013, 04:28 PM
Mine's Lapras, Raichu, Venusaur, Talonflame, Lucario and Malamar.

When this bank thing comes out, I'll bring over my Arcanine, Blastoise and a few others to get my old favourites in there. :D

Futz
15-10-2013, 04:46 PM
is it any good? any opinions would be appreciated

I'd buy it but it's the fact I'll have to cop a 3DS just for this game

Kardan
15-10-2013, 04:55 PM
is it any good? any opinions would be appreciated

I'd buy it but it's the fact I'll have to cop a 3DS just for this game

By far the best pokemon game yet.

Yawn
15-10-2013, 04:59 PM
finally did 2nd gym

Frogadier 30
fletchinder 30
pancham 27
skiddo 27
amaura 27
espurr 21 (i had to go back and get it i missed it around the palace :'()

i also eventually want a goomy so i guess some of my team will be rotated or if i get sick of 1 of them i replace it

Plebings
15-10-2013, 05:22 PM
honedge is being added to team plebings, bye azurill.

Chris
15-10-2013, 05:29 PM
My team: Greninja, Charizard, Gogoat, Talonflame, Lucario, Eevee.

Eevee will become Sylveon and Talonflame/Lucario will be replaced by Noivern and Electivire when I get them!

Cosmic
15-10-2013, 05:47 PM
I really want a Slyveon. Can't figure out the Pokémon amie thing though. :(

How long's it supposed to take?

Chris
15-10-2013, 05:57 PM
I really want a Slyveon. Can't figure out the Pokémon amie thing though. :(

How long's it supposed to take?

To evolve it the eevee has to know a fairy type move and have a 2 star affection rating in amie. If you catch one at level 19 then it will come with a fairy type move but if not you have to level it to 29 so it can learn one.

Yawn
15-10-2013, 06:06 PM
a lvl 26 hawluca just effortlessly took out my amaura, meowstic, pancham and skiddo pretty much 1 hit KO 1 after the other i want to cry

Cosmic
15-10-2013, 06:25 PM
To evolve it the eevee has to know a fairy type move and have a 2 star affection rating in amie. If you catch one at level 19 then it will come with a fairy type move but if not you have to level it to 29 so it can learn one.

Just did it! Thanks :D

Yawn
15-10-2013, 06:28 PM
meowstic is so weak......like idk its purpose. it has awful attack and defences. i just used a 80 power psychic attack on a fighting type 4 levels lower and it didnt do much more than half damage :S

Plebings
15-10-2013, 08:42 PM
a lvl 26 hawluca just effortlessly took out my amaura, meowstic, pancham and skiddo pretty much 1 hit KO 1 after the other i want to cry

omfg i was in a double battle with two of those annoying dog things, level 14, they almost killed me, i was like 6 levels above it as well?? stupid double defence ability.

Yawn
15-10-2013, 09:00 PM
omfg i was in a double battle with two of those annoying dog things, level 14, they almost killed me, i was like 6 levels above it as well?? stupid double defence ability.

YES THOSE DOGS R THE WORST THEY LOOK WEAK BUT THEY R *NOT*

Jack!
15-10-2013, 10:03 PM
Anyone know if it works on the 2DS or standard DSI?

Chris
15-10-2013, 10:06 PM

It'll work on the new 2DS but not the DSI.

Jack!
It'll work on the new 2DS but not the DSI.

Bugger.

Cheers.

Samantha

It will work on the 2DS, but unfortunately not on the DSi as it won't even fit as the game packs are bigger :(.

Jack!
15-10-2013, 10:17 PM
It will work on the 2DS, but unfortunately not on the DSi as it won't even fit as the game packs are bigger :(.

Just got a DSI from Blockbuster for £40 new just for this haha, ah well ideal christmas present.

Samantha
15-10-2013, 10:30 PM
Just got a DSI from Blockbuster for £40 new just for this haha, ah well ideal christmas present.

Ah, that's not good. I think they could have released a 2D and 3D version, but saying that not much of it is in 3D I don't think.

Kardan
15-10-2013, 10:34 PM
Ah, that's not good. I think they could have released a 2D and 3D version, but saying that not much of it is in 3D I don't think.

A normal DS version wouldn't work. The screen resolution is smaller, so would look terrible, and I'm sure the 3DS has much more power than the normal DS - I'm not sure it could cope. Plus it's wasted development time.

Empousa
16-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Already beaten the Elite Four yesterday, after receiving it on the 11th :)

Cosmic
16-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Congrats! I'm just training my team up some more before I challenge them.

samsaBEAR
16-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Does anyone else feel like this game is easier than previous ones? You don't need to worry about levelling up your team equally because you get the Exp Share early on, money isn't an issue because you also get the Amulet Coin early on and I swear there are so many NPCs that will heal your Pokemon that you don't ever need healing items. I am really enjoying the game but I wish it were a bit more challenging.

Kardan
16-10-2013, 09:34 PM
Does anyone else feel like this game is easier than previous ones? You don't need to worry about levelling up your team equally because you get the Exp Share early on, money isn't an issue because you also get the Amulet Coin early on and I swear there are so many NPCs that will heal your Pokemon that you don't ever need healing items. I am really enjoying the game but I wish it were a bit more challenging.

Pokémon games have always been fairly easy, but the exp share makes this game super easy really.

Yawn
16-10-2013, 10:05 PM
yh its incredibly easy nothing about it is challenging which is annoying me. im just breezing through it. its time consuming, but simple.

although speaking of exp share my goomy is rly far behind and its just not levelling up, its so hard to train. all my other pokemon are getting further and further away from it in levels. my other 5 are level 48 now and goomy 38. :rolleyes:

Kardan
16-10-2013, 10:13 PM
yh its incredibly easy nothing about it is challenging which is annoying me. im just breezing through it. its time consuming, but simple.

although speaking of exp share my goomy is rly far behind and its just not levelling up, its so hard to train. all my other pokemon are getting further and further away from it in levels. my other 5 are level 48 now and goomy 38. :rolleyes:

Goomy probably has one of the higher XP routes to level 100.

Yawn
16-10-2013, 10:20 PM
Goomy probably has one of the higher XP routes to level 100.

well it doesnt feel like it! im pulling my hair out and now im in the ice area so i cant use it without it instantly dying :'(

Yawn
16-10-2013, 11:04 PM
its levelling up far less frequently than the rest of my party (with exp share) :S

and its a much lower level and getting exp from higher level battles. it should be levelling up FASTEST in my party :S

w/e :@

Kardan
16-10-2013, 11:12 PM
its levelling up far less frequently than the rest of my party (with exp share) :S

and its a much lower level and getting exp from higher level battles. it should be levelling up FASTEST in my party :S

w/e :@

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/0/0a/ExpGraphLv100.png

Goomy probably follows the blue route.

Suicune
16-10-2013, 11:28 PM
Got my games on the Saturday, started X first. I've only obtained four badges so far and i'm almost at 40 hours.

Yawn
16-10-2013, 11:33 PM
i never heard anything about that b4, interesting!

Suicune
16-10-2013, 11:35 PM
Got both X & Y on Saturday and I decided to start with X first.
I've only obtained 4 gym badges so far but I'm almost at 40 hours game time. Trying to figure out how to traverse through the Badlands at the moment.

Kardan
17-10-2013, 01:38 AM
Defeated the Elite Four, the Champion and then the next battle ;)

Espeon was a god send throughout most of the battles, and managed to sweep the Champion all by herself.

Ended up with;

Espeon Lv. 76, Greninja Lv. 69, Charizard Lv. 65, Lucario Lv. 62, Tyrantrum Lv. 61, Xerneas Lv. 59

Anyways, Game Freak have truly outdone themselves with this game, it's been great. Also worth noting, don't waste your masterball catching your legendary - I caught mine at full health with a quick ball :)

Yawn
17-10-2013, 03:22 PM
yes the legendaries are so easy!! i caught xerneas 1st ultra ball and just red health (no status thingies) and i heard other ppl did as well. weird.

i am now trying to find an area which is raining so i can evolve my sliggoo but it changes all the time zzZzzZZZz

Yawn
17-10-2013, 03:42 PM
nvm the ryhorn area was raining gr8

Kardan
17-10-2013, 04:19 PM
I'm now trying to complete the pokedex, managed to get all starters from wonder trade, and I'm just missing out on the fairy pokemon exclusive to Y. Also need to try and figure out where I'll be able to see the Y legendary...

Yawn
17-10-2013, 05:47 PM
do i need strength, rock smash and other lame HMs to get through victory road?

Kardan
17-10-2013, 07:38 PM
do i need strength, rock smash and other lame HMs to get through victory road?

Rock smash no, Strength I think you might need it once...

Yawn
17-10-2013, 08:31 PM
Rock smash no, Strength I think you might need it once...
yes i needed it once, that was annoying

-

i just beat the champ. that was sosoososososo easy. i remember when the elite 4 and the champ actually used to be a challege and require endless attempts.
however there were 2 times when i was crapping myself thinking i was about to lose. the champs mega gardivier started taking out my team 1 by 1 effortlessly and the water elite 4's gyrados did the same. i actually thought it was all over but somehow made it. i was just going to trial run it and somehow ended up completing it with minimal revives and hyper potions and no ethers. woooo hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Kardan
17-10-2013, 11:52 PM
yes i needed it once, that was annoying

-

i just beat the champ. that was sosoososososo easy. i remember when the elite 4 and the champ actually used to be a challege and require endless attempts.
however there were 2 times when i was crapping myself thinking i was about to lose. the champs mega gardivier started taking out my team 1 by 1 effortlessly and the water elite 4's gyrados did the same. i actually thought it was all over but somehow made it. i was just going to trial run it and somehow ended up completing it with minimal revives and hyper potions and no ethers. woooo hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

My god, the Elite 4 Gyarados... It started Dragon Dancing, so I whipped out my Espeon trying to get as much damage as possible, of course I had to go through 2 full restores on it... I think it got up to 4 or 5 Dragon Dances and just started sweeping my whole team, so by then I was just sending in someone to revive the next one and so on, until I got a lucky break and it decided to Dragon Dance one more time, allowed me to get a Psychic in and kill it.

But that was the only difficult I had with the whole Elite Four and Champion, quite disappointing really. I should go back and see if they have increased levels like BW2.

Yupt
18-10-2013, 12:38 AM
omg. I had no idea that this game would be so POPULAR. i know pokemon is awesome and everything but i thought the game had kinda lost popularity, especially the new generations.

Kardan
18-10-2013, 01:20 AM
omg. I had no idea that this game would be so POPULAR. i know pokemon is awesome and everything but i thought the game had kinda lost popularity, especially the new generations.

If anything, Pokémon is way more popular now than it ever was.

Cosmic
18-10-2013, 09:49 AM
I beat the Elite 4 last night. It wasn't too hard or too easy, really.

Anyone want to swap friend codes for the safari?

Yawn
18-10-2013, 10:55 AM
My god, the Elite 4 Gyarados... It started Dragon Dancing, so I whipped out my Espeon trying to get as much damage as possible, of course I had to go through 2 full restores on it... I think it got up to 4 or 5 Dragon Dances and just started sweeping my whole team, so by then I was just sending in someone to revive the next one and so on, until I got a lucky break and it decided to Dragon Dance one more time, allowed me to get a Psychic in and kill it.

But that was the only difficult I had with the whole Elite Four and Champion, quite disappointing really. I should go back and see if they have increased levels like BW2.

Exactly the same problem with the gyarados and the dragon dances :'(

Samantha
18-10-2013, 12:33 PM
I'm still so far behind, I haven't reached the second gym, but I've been attempting to find everything possible on my route. I'd love to complete it before my boyfriend or thereaboutsas he's on about how many he's seen whereas I'm on about 50. Got a few wondertrades in though to boost it a bit.

Chris
20-10-2013, 04:26 PM
Defeated the elite 4 and finished the game. I thought the ending was really cute.

Kardan
21-10-2013, 11:19 AM
Been hunting for shiny pokemon for days now, but nothing. So many people have got multiple shinies already :(

Kardan
21-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Caught myself a Shiny Poliwhirl and a Shiny Octillery today :D

Yawn
21-10-2013, 05:23 PM
i love poliwhirl

Empousa
24-10-2013, 12:01 PM
Restarted the game yesterday at college, and am now working on completing the Pokedex! Currently battling all the trainers I can before challenging Viola.

goofyjadico
25-10-2013, 03:31 PM
Currently trying to find a shiny. Just beat those Looker chapters in the after game.

Sloths
30-10-2013, 06:07 AM
Got mine today!! Exciting stuff

Yawn
30-10-2013, 05:15 PM
hadnt played since beating the champ. been wonder trading cos i hadnt done that yet and got some cool pokemon

now ive just caught zygarde and gonna go get mewtwo next

Yawn
07-11-2013, 03:35 PM
hi who wants to swap friend codes

4699-6338-8120

this is mine just quote my post and give me urs :)

awsomlycute
07-11-2013, 05:12 PM
I want it for christmas but i might not get it because i dont think my mum will buy me a nintendo 3ds :(

martial-law
07-11-2013, 11:11 PM

4699-6338-8120

3411 - 1087 - 0855

Need friend safari pokemon :)

pulchritude
08-11-2013, 12:55 AM
just spent like 6 hours breeding for a perfect adamant mawile. mega mawile ftw.

Yawn
08-11-2013, 11:32 AM
3411 - 1087 - 0855

Need friend safari pokemon :)

ME TOO

THX!

Empousa
10-11-2013, 07:25 PM
A quick word of warning to all you Wonder Traders on here, there have been reports of Bad/Mystery Eggs being sent through the Wonder Trade. These are basically hacked Pokemon trying to be traded off, which will show up for the recipient as a Bad Egg. These can duplicate, and can even delete the Pokemon you've already caught and trained before leaving them in your boxes. They even infect the Pokemon in the same box if you're trying to trade them!

This isn't a post to advise against Wonder Trading, but just be aware of the fact that this could happen. I personally haven't had it happen to me, but some of my friends where I live have had that happen.

Yawn
11-11-2013, 11:52 AM

4699-6338-8120

hello do this

Yawn
18-11-2013, 03:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dyuS406V-ME

the english of pokemon origins :Innocent: definitely worth a watch

Chris
18-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Episode 1 was pretty cool. I don't know what they're going to cram into the next 3 though.

Yawn
27-12-2013, 01:17 AM
bump

4699-6338-8120

Yawn
02-05-2014, 04:47 PM
i cant w8 to get back into my games after exams are over :'(

hello this is diancie and it is rock and fairy event legendary coming v soon i believe. i love it

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/b/b3/719Diancie.png/250px-719Diancie.png

its an evolution of carbink but carbink doesnt evolve into it cos its a legendary hmm but so kl

(2 other legendaries been revealed but they r ugly and i dont care about them)

Zak
02-05-2014, 06:22 PM
Really want one of these games, which is better? or are they effectively the same?

Yawn
02-05-2014, 06:47 PM
Really want one of these games, which is better? or are they effectively the same?

effectively the same but u get some version exclusive pokemon as always

Zak
03-05-2014, 06:48 AM
So is Y better than X?

I always see X in exchange shops and never Y it seems :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!