PDA

View Full Version : Office 360 Won't install - Apparently leftovers remain

peteyt
03-11-2013, 01:45 PM
I'm wondering if anyone can help me out here.

I recently had some issues when I upgraded Windows 8.0 to 8.1 - automatic search for example in metro not working. To fix this I did a Windows Refresh which basically refreshed Windows while keeping all files but it also removed all desktop applications (not metro).

It seemed to do the trick but now office 360 won't install because an older or pre-release version is apparently installed. I have tried Microsoft's Fix It Automatic removal tool and it doesn't find anything but the Click-to-Run thing which it removes.

However after removing this the first time I then run the install it tells me there is a problem possibly with my connection, the second time I run it it comes back up with the message about an older version found and running the automatic fix discovers Click-to-Run is installed.

I have also followed the manual steps given by Microsoft online which includes removing the Click-to-Run from the registry myself. What happens is the same thing again first time I run the install it gives a connection error, second time I run the install it finds an older version and going back to the registry Click-to-Run is back in as if the installer itself is putting the Click-to-Run onto the computer but then deciding that this means that office is already installed.

I've also tried to create an additional account to see if it has the same problem and it does.

Thanks
Peter

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!