PDA

View Full Version : [Runescape] Best items to have atm

Zak
04-11-2013, 10:27 AM
Hello everyone I just wondered your thoughts on what are the best items to have atm?

Not for investment.. just for usefullness..

I have just brought Pernix, which I thought has been very good value for money so far. I barely get hit by monsters now compared to when I was ranging in armadyl..

I am 99 range too so I thought it would go well with that. I didn't want to get Sirenics as it crumbles to dust and I don't do much bossing.. mainly slayer :)

Any suggestions? +rep to good ideas x

Kardan
04-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Why don't you get Lotus armour rather than Pernix? It's better isn't it?

Zak
04-11-2013, 11:33 AM
Why don't you get Lotus armour rather than Pernix? It's better isn't it?

Same reason I didn't get Sirenics, the normal version degrades to nothing and ports take a lifetime to get enough resources to make the superior armours. :(

I am using ports to get superior tetsu, think I'm on the 4th island? 5th island?.. I have just over 20 plate and can make all the pieces of armour (have all the scrolls) atm. Trying to farm plate but it's still slow :(

Kardan
04-11-2013, 11:45 AM
Same reason I didn't get Sirenics, the normal version degrades to nothing and ports take a lifetime to get enough resources to make the superior armours. :(

I am using ports to get superior tetsu, think I'm on the 4th island? 5th island?.. I have just over 20 plate and can make all the pieces of armour (have all the scrolls) atm. Trying to farm plate but it's still slow :(

Ahh, I see. I did ports when it was released, so I have all the armours so I didn't have that issue :P When you get to the 7th island, there's some one off missions that give you 25/50 trade resources, so that speeds it up :)

Zak
04-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Ahh, I see. I did ports when it was released, so I have all the armours so I didn't have that issue :P When you get to the 7th island, there's some one off missions that give you 25/50 trade resources, so that speeds it up :)

Oh does it get faster then? I'm continuing to do ports. If superior armours don't take that long I will defo upgrade to that. Aren't ports getting an upgrade too? :)

Kardan
04-11-2013, 01:15 PM
Oh does it get faster then? I'm continuing to do ports. If superior armours don't take that long I will defo upgrade to that. Aren't ports getting an upgrade too? :)

Yup, ports are being upgraded either in December or early '14. You can get missions for 5 and 10 goods later on, and there's one-off missions for 25 and 50 for each good I think. So it's a handy boost.

IceNineKills
04-11-2013, 09:05 PM
everyone seems to like them sara god swords because they heal you or whatever so they're good during slayer.

Rachel
04-11-2013, 09:34 PM
everyone seems to like them sara god swords because they heal you or whatever so they're good during slayer.

Yeah I have one and I love my sgs <3 I barely need any food :)

Zak
05-11-2013, 11:22 AM

Yeah I have one and I love my sgs <3 I barely need any food :)

Aren't they slower than double drygores though?

*Not that I'm 90 attack yet

Kardan
05-11-2013, 11:24 AM
Aren't they slower than double drygores though?

*Not that I'm 90 attack yet

Way slower.

Zelda
05-11-2013, 02:46 PM
duel ascensions would definitely be worth it for you if you don't already have

definitely don't get a sgs though as a person with drygores definitely drygores and even chaotics are far better tbh.

Zak
06-11-2013, 07:31 AM
duel ascensions would definitely be worth it for you if you don't already have

definitely don't get a sgs though as a person with drygores definitely drygores and even chaotics are far better tbh.

They're like 400m :P I know I have 400m but there are so many other things I could buy for that :P

IceNineKills
06-11-2013, 09:03 PM
I found the Drygore mace and off-hand rapier the best combo. Nice little prayer bonus from the mace.

Zak
08-11-2013, 12:57 PM
I found the Drygore mace and off-hand rapier the best combo. Nice little prayer bonus from the mace.

Thanks I will try that once I'm 90 attack :) +rep

Other
11-11-2013, 12:29 AM
quit eoc after i got my comp cape

ascs generally aren't worth it though

theres new melee armour/[maybe weps] coming out soon i think? in most cases, you can honestly do fine with ports armour/drygores/royal cb/cstaff etc

Zak
19-11-2013, 10:02 AM
I brought full virtus, static gloves, arcane shield (cz I like them ok), and mask set in the end :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!