PDA

View Full Version : Apple ID help

Nick
05-11-2013, 07:09 AM
My Apple ID was hacked not too long ago and today I have only just decided to make a new one because i wanted things of the app store. Since who ever hacked my apple id they have changed my password and changed my email address which left it open for use again. I went and registered the same email i had for my other apple id, went to sign in and was asked the review my account. At the end it asks you to put in a credit card but i don't have one ;l Can you not make an apple id without a credit card now?

Mark
05-11-2013, 07:19 AM
I know there use to be a fairly discreet button where you could skip that section, that was a few years ago mind you

e5
05-11-2013, 07:33 AM
Credit/debit card is required for incase you want to buy something. Only thing you can do really is use a parents. I think its mandatory now.

Nick
05-11-2013, 07:37 AM
I know there use to be a fairly discreet button where you could skip that section, that was a few years ago mind you

Yea there is only Cancel or Continue.
£lliott; That is a pain :(

xxMATTGxx
05-11-2013, 07:38 AM
Do you not have any sort of bank card? A debit card will work as well

Nick
05-11-2013, 07:43 AM
Do you not have any sort of bank card? A debit card will work as well

nope nothing

Lucy
05-11-2013, 07:52 AM
The method to not use a credit card etc is to go to the iTunes Store and look up an app, when you go through the purchase process sign up for an account and there should be an option for "None" or something.

Nick
05-11-2013, 07:57 AM
The method to not use a credit card etc is to go to the iTunes Store and look up an app, when you go through the purchase process sign up for an account and there should be an option for "None" or something.

Yea i went onto the app store, even if i want to sign in it asks me this. I went to try to download a random app that was free but it still asks me this :P

Lucy
05-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Yea i went onto the app store, even if i want to sign in it asks me this. I went to try to download a random app that was free but it still asks me this :P
Mmmm, how bizarre. That was the old trick and if they have patched that then there would be no way I would say. I suppose its because of all the IAP requirements now.

Nick
05-11-2013, 08:15 AM
Mmmm, how bizarre. That was the old trick and if they have patched that then there would be no way I would say. I suppose its because of all the IAP requirements now.

I've fixed it haha! I created the apple id via the apple website and it didn't ask for credit card details then. I just changed my email address to something else and re created it via the app store and it had the option for none in credit card details.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!