PDA

View Full Version : Way to find out who's using router?

GoldenMerc
05-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Hi,

Got a sky router at work, between 25 computers (not practical at all) never the less my boss's wanted to know who was on the actual router + a way to see how much resources they are using etc, Is this possible?
Its a sky router
Ross

scottish
05-11-2013, 01:55 PM
I believe sky is 192.168.0.1 and default username is admin and password sky

Should be somewhere on that that shows the MAC address / Computer name of devices that are connected to it

As far as resources I doubt you'll get anything from it.

FlyingJesus
05-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Once you have the MAC addresses you'll know which computer is which so you can manually check who's using what I guess by literally hovering over them as they work :P surely easier to just log their traffic and look into it after people have gone home though

GoldenMerc
05-11-2013, 02:37 PM
Once you have the MAC addresses you'll know which computer is which so you can manually check who's using what I guess by literally hovering over them as they work :P surely easier to just log their traffic and look into it after people have gone home though

Two offices, next door prob leave their pcs on on download aswel :(

FlyingJesus
05-11-2013, 03:00 PM
KEYLOGGERS ON ALL THE COMPUTERS AND A CENTRALISED SAVE POINT FOR THE FILES. MAKE THEM LIVE IN FEAR

xxMATTGxx
05-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Your work place will probably have to look into other applications or something if they want to monitor what the staff are using the internet for.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!