PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Tumblr scam

-Moniquee.
07-11-2013, 10:39 AM
Apparently there is a scam going around where someone will give you what you think is their tumblr link, however it is a scam.

One of my friends was scammed this way.

Just be cautious :).

Matt
07-11-2013, 11:58 AM
A link pretending to be a tumblr account I'm assuming? It would have to be pretty well disguised and probably was a virus or keylogger. Hmmm interesting how it's progressed to this though...

Chipmunks
07-11-2013, 01:01 PM
i've had someone on my f/l give me a tumblr link and tell me to check if some voice clip they were trying out worked on it and if it didnt for me to click it again in a few mins (after they were done fixing it) and see if it worked now..iwas stupid enough to do it ..but after one or two times i saw it didnt work so i gave up trying ..a few minutes later my friend from that account had told me she had been hacked by someone ..and that the person giving me a link wasn't her ..it was someone trying to hack me as well ...well yeah anyways luckily i didn't get hacked myself and stopped going on links given to me lol

Jazz
07-11-2013, 05:58 PM
i ignore links from anyone unless its a habbox link tbh, theres a lot of tinyurl/tinypic links going around as well

GoldenMerc
07-11-2013, 07:12 PM
Can you paste raw HTML etc into tumblr?

awsomlycute
07-11-2013, 07:14 PM
my tumblr is disregard.co.vu (not a virus) and yeah this happened to me a week ago, someone followed me so i clicked on their blog to check it out and google chrome said it might be a keylog attempt so i didnt go on it

Jazz
07-11-2013, 11:32 PM
Can you paste raw HTML etc into tumblr?

from my experience, no. Not raw HTML. tumblr has some kind of custom HTML, tried to use my old HTML admin templates on it

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!